Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
INJURY: Luka "better and better," status "upgraded," "questionable" against SAS
(12-15-2019, 01:02 PM)scottsp Wrote: Everyone responds differently. Dirk was an absolute freak when it came to this. The man was elastic.

Who knows how Luka's wheels with take. He could be ready in a week. Or weeks. Then again, it's something that won't fully heal and nag him the rest of the season if he doesn't shut it down for a while. Re aggravation can be a bitch.

Dirk was an iron man when it came to ankle injuries. I seem to remember at least a couple of times where he was back next game.

In hindsight though, I wonder if the push to play was a root cause to the foot issues he had over the last 2-3 years of his career.

As much as I'm loving 3rd place in the West and as much as I'd love to see the Mavs prove themselves against the East's best, I'd rather have Luka take whatever time he needs to get fully healthy.

This could be good in that it will help the rest of the team learn to play together, rather than just playing off Luka's greatness. TBH, I had given up when they were down 20 to MIA in the 3rd, but they had chances to win. So I'm not going to be surprised if they pull off a couple of upsets in the next few weeks. Luka's awesome, but this is a pretty good team overall. Probably better than they are given credit for.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: INJURY: Luka has MODERATE ankle sprain, working on underwater treadmill - by michaeltex - 12-16-2019, 09:35 AM