Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 55: San Antonio Spurs (11-43) vs. Dallas Mavericks (31-23)
(02-15-2024, 10:37 AM)Jason Terry Wrote: Combining THJ and DJJ seems like the upgrade. I’m struggling to come up with any names that bring everything to the table

We want the size/length/athleticism of DJJ along with his perimeter/on ball defense. Combine that with a lights out shooter. 

Creation/distribution and dribble penetration seem like wishful thinking for this player. Also, a volume 3 level 3rd scorer that averages 25 seems like too much to ask. A player who can do everything is an all star. 

Bruce Brown is an available name i keep coming back to. There’s multiple players in that size/ability range that could be options. Are those players big enough? Green is undersized, so it would be nice to have someone closer to the size of DJJ 

I hope we stay patient. Running it back with THJ and DJJ is a good option as well to give us more time to find the right deal. Also, long term it’s possible Omax grows into that role

The player you seek is hopefully DJJ in 2025-2026 as a Dallas Maverick.  Despite the recent cold stretch, he's still hitting a career-high from 3.  He's also shooting quite a bit more often than in previous seasons.  He's improved his 3-point percentage every year for the past 5 years.  Hopefully, with continued practice, he can improve a little more.  Although I don't actually think he'll ever hit 40 %, I think he can get to 37-38%.  That would make him an elite bench role player.  I hope they can figure out how to keep him.  I like players who improve every season.
[-] The following 2 users Like surfpuckmd's post:
  • Reunion Mav, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 02-14-2024, 09:47 PM
RE: JamesConway912 - by KillerLeft - 02-14-2024, 09:53 PM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 02-15-2024, 10:48 AM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 02-15-2024, 10:37 AM
RE: Jason Terry - by surfpuckmd - 02-15-2024, 12:09 PM