Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 8.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
73.33%
11 73.33%
Heat
26.67%
4 26.67%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 25: MIA (19-7) @ DAL (17-8) | 118-122 OT loss
(12-14-2019, 11:19 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 11:18 PM)bartlettbear Wrote: Mavs need to run better stuff at end of games, Mavs did not run anything at the end of regualtion or ot

Youre acting like this is the regular team and a regular game. Mavs don't have Luka, it changes the entire dynamic of the team.

Yes that means even more you should run a play run somthing  for some one than Brunson'

Fell so bad for the guys who played heart out only to lose because of Brusnon and RC
Like Reply
THJ hasnt even touched the ball in the last 5 minutes...
Like Reply
Brunson gets the opposite of the Dirkie tonight. Costly decisions to let the win slip away, then misses the wide open tying shot.
Like Reply
Brunson bricking the 3 is poetic. 

Every single possession in OT was all Brunson, and he threw everything away. I can't believe Carlisle's grand plan was to give Brunson the final shot.

Honestly this is more frustrating of a loss than if they just got blown out. Brunson played a helluva game for most of his time, but basically all of choices late in the game threw away any progress the Mavs made.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Um, KP's missed free throws, Powell, KP and Brunson with missed layups. Yeah blame rick.  Dodgy
Like Reply
Unfortunate loss. Didn’t love the final possessions of regulation or OT but I do appreciate the fight the team should sans Luka.
Like Reply
Well, at least the Mavs will be pissed and hungry on Monday night!
Like Reply
They ran stuff for KP and Bam ate his lunch
Like Reply
Now on to how long will Luka be out.
Like Reply
(12-14-2019, 11:23 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Brunson bricking the 3 is poetic. 

Every single possession in OT was all Brunson, and he threw everything away. I can't believe Carlisle's grand plan was to give Brunson the final shot.

Honestly this is more frustrating of a loss than if they just got blown out. Brunson played a helluva game for most of his time, but basically all of choices late in the game threw away any progress the Mavs made.
At the end of regulation and OT

he cant  be in to finish games his refusal to move the ball is bad the ball just sticks to him 

plus he has trouble finsihing

Mavs need to get Wright back healthy as well
Like Reply
That one hurt.

We lost Luka.
We wasted yet another great game from THJ.

Fuck, man. This sucks.

But people shouldn't blame RC on this one. Lots of missed layups and free throws.
Like Reply
(12-14-2019, 11:24 PM)Flipper Wrote: but I do appreciate the fight the team should sans Luka.

This 100%. Mavs absolutely fought back and played amazing. It's unfortunate Brunson took a page out of Barea's book at called his own number time and again and came up short time and again.

Why didn't KP get any looks in final possessions is baffling. Why THJ only got 1 look in the last 6 minutes of the game is even more puzzling. 

I hope Luka is okay. I cannot stand seeing Brunson get more than 20 minutes.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
No moral victories in a loss...but I'm still very happy with what we saw tonight.
Like Reply
If they had won, THJ was really good in the come back.
Like Reply
For those putting this on Brunson for driving too much, in fairness to him, he's expecting other Mavs to move without the ball and give him a target.  Nobody drives so as to help him.  This is my biggest criticism about the Mavs, i.e., lack of aggressive movement without the ball.
Like Reply
(12-14-2019, 11:24 PM)mtrot Wrote: Well, at least the Mavs will be pissed and hungry on Monday night!

If we don't have Luka Mavs might get blown out by 30 points against the Bucks. 

MIL can just send 2 defenders at KP and force THJ/Brunson to beat them and as we've seen they're too inconsistent to rely on.
Like Reply
(12-14-2019, 11:25 PM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: They ran stuff for KP and Bam ate his lunch
They ran a pick and roll, 

have Curry come of some action on the weakside off of a few screens,  get the ball moving not sitting witth a guy dribbling at the top of they key for 12 seconds
Like Reply
(12-14-2019, 11:26 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 11:24 PM)Flipper Wrote: but I do appreciate the fight the team should sans Luka.

This 100%. Mavs absolutely fought back and played amazing. It's unfortunate Brunson took a page out of Barea's book at called his own number time and again and came up short time and again.

Why didn't KP get any looks in final possessions is baffling. Why THJ only got 1 look in the last 6 minutes of the game is even more puzzling. 

I hope Luka is okay. I cannot stand seeing Brunson get more than 20 minutes.
I really like Brunson and overall he had a pretty good game. I just didn’t like his decision making on some of those final possessions. I don’t know if he felt like he needed to take over because Luka was out or what.
Like Reply
(12-14-2019, 11:27 PM)mtrot Wrote: For those putting this on Brunson for driving too much, in fairness to him, he's expecting other Mavs to move without the ball and give him a target.  Nobody drives so as to help him.  This is my biggest criticism about the Mavs, i.e., lack of aggressive movement without the ball.

He went 2 on 5 the last time the guys were even set up and he attacked the basket
Like Reply
(12-14-2019, 11:27 PM)mtrot Wrote: For those putting this on Brunson for driving too much, in fairness to him, he's expecting other Mavs to move without the ball and give him a target.  Nobody drives so as to help him.  This is my biggest criticism about the Mavs, i.e., lack of aggressive movement without the ball.

That's just the wrong approach. If Brunson wants to drive and find the open cutter then fine, thats a good idea in theory, but he ALWAYS picks up his dribble when he gets in the lane which is a death sentence. The reason why Nash was so lethal is that he never picked up his dribble and he had the defense on a yo-yo. 

Brunson unfortunately just runs in with a full head of steam, stops and has the entire Miami Heat collapse on him, giving him no open passing lanes. Regardless of who cuts there's no way 6'2 Brunson is seeing over Bam, Butler, Jones Jr. and Nunn. 

Furthermore, Brunson in OT barely looked to pass off his drives. He was more concerned looking for his own shot, thinking the refs would bail him out. He definitely got hit on some of his drives, but we saw time and again they weren't going to give him the call, and instead of adapting and making a smarter play Brunson just brute forces his way in there and throws away the Mavs hopes.

I wish Carlisle just put in Seth for Brunson and had the offense run through him. I had no idea why Delon wasn't there either, his heady plays might've made the outcome different in OT.
Like Reply