Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 8.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
73.33%
11 73.33%
Heat
26.67%
4 26.67%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 25: MIA (19-7) @ DAL (17-8) | 118-122 OT loss
From watching the Heat/Lakers last night, it's clear that the Heat will try to exert extreme perimeter defensive pressure on the Mavs.  So, it's critical for the Mavs to establish an inside scoring threat against them.  Don't back down from driving and cutting in the lane.  KP has to get close to the goal and draw defenders to open up the offense.  JMHO.
Like Reply
Let's carve em up like a Christmas turkey
Like Reply
(12-14-2019, 04:06 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Wade may be gone, but I will never forget 2006 nor the Dirk disrespect in the 2011 finals. I really want this win.

The board puts all of the consecutive replies together, so there's no point in adding more - but thanks, IGT!
Oh, that's right. I just have to post something in between each of your posts to you can get them separated. Also, NP, I am so in sync (I should start a boy band and maybe call it that) with what you said!

I could be wrong, but it always seems the team coming off a back to back comes out hard in the beginning of the game. Possibly hasn't fully lost their rythm from the night before. Combine that with the Mavs having a hard time at the start of most of their games, I just hope the Heat don't put it away too soon to be able to catch up. They won't and we will forever avenge 2006 and cough-gate 2011!
Like Reply
Keys:
  • vs East elite: Miami starts a stretch against the top five teams in the East within eight days. I think a reasonable expectation is 2-3. Win the two home games today and vs. Boston and see what you can do on the road in Philadelphia, Milwaukee, and Toronto. Good news is that even if the Mavs come down to earth before Christmas against a brutal schedule, they'll still be at least five games over .500 and a couple wins ahead of the 9th seed. That's brilliant.
  • Bam: Easy to pick Jimmy, but I'd like to preview a different individual player for the Heat. Center Bam Adebayo stepped into a bigger role this season for Miami and so far is a lock to make his All-Star team debut. There's a legitimate chance he'll become a bigger Draymond Green. He's brilliant defensively and can guard all positions. On top of it, he has developed a smooth offensive game. He's a great pick and roll player, power dunker, but also a finesse finisher around the rim, including a floater, and can take other centers off the dribble.
  • Powell: That's why Dwight Powell will have his hands full tonight. He's not a great fit on paper. Ideally you want a stretch big who can draw him away from the basket and a bigger body defensively. Good thing we have Maxi, KP, and BOBAN as additional options.
  • 20-5-5: Think Luka is a t 19 (?) consecutive games with at least 20 points, five assists and five rebound, which is the most since the merger. Top is Chamberlain with a streak of 29. This will remain a talking point until Luka gets to Wilt or his streak ends.
  • Delon Wright injury: Wright has been updates to probable, which is really encouraging. Even if he doesn't turn out to play tonight, it certainly means that the injury wasn't serious.
  • Seth Curry emergence: Looks like Seth Curry might have finally arrived. Over his last five he is shooting a casual 55/50/90 from the field while averaging 14 points per game. More of that, please.
Former: Psychology BSc. Sports coverage for @weltfussball and @sportde. Writer at @mavsmoneyball. Now: Web Dev, Mavs fan.
[Image: MFSYrBp.png]
Twitter: j0Shi_f
Like Reply
Miami starting both Leonard and Adebayo. Going real big.

Adebayo is one of the few bigs that can hang with KP on the perimeter. Its up to Powell to punish the Leonard matchup.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I like these uniforms over the MAVS.
Like Reply
amazing defense by DFS there.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Nice, I love the lane penetration by Luka to start the game.  Uh, oh.  Luka hurting.
Like Reply
oh no
Like Reply
Please don't have a serious injury Luka...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
F
F
F
F
F
F
Like Reply
probably a sprain
Like Reply
uh oh....
Like Reply
(12-14-2019, 08:46 PM)Hypermav Wrote: probably a sprain

how bad is that?
Like Reply
i hate the heat
Like Reply
Welp there goes the season if Luka is out for any significant amount of time.
Like Reply
He rolled it good, but hopefully he can get taped up and be okay.
Like Reply
(12-14-2019, 08:46 PM)burekemde Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 08:46 PM)Hypermav Wrote: probably a sprain

how bad is that?

depends on the grade of sprain
Like Reply
Welp, gotta imagine without Luka there is little chance to win this one
Like Reply
(12-14-2019, 08:48 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Welp there goes the season if Luka is out for any significant amount of time.
Nah, the Mavs are pretty deep this season.  Have faith!
Like Reply