Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 54: Washington Wizards (9-43) vs. Dallas Mavericks (30-23)
Good time out by Washington there. Need a big 8 point play with 4 seconds left. Lets see what they call.
[-] The following 9 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • BigDirk41, BolsDamols, DallasMaverick, dirkfansince1998, KillerLeft, MFFL, mvossman, SleepingHero, Smitty
Like Reply
(02-12-2024, 10:58 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Good time out by Washington there.  Need a big 8 point play with 4 seconds left.  Lets see what they call.

I don’t remember you making many joke posts, but this one works. You should do more of these. I laughed out loud.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • Chicagojk, dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
Give Poole the Dirkie
[-] The following 2 users Like Jym's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft
Like Reply
This game took years off my life. One of the most frustrating wins I've ever seen. If they played any team other than a bottomfeeder tonight they would've been blown out.

But a win is a win. Sheesh.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, KillerLeft, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
The guy on the Wiz that can really help a contender is Tyus Jones - too bad that a solid player like him is rotting on the Wiz.

Also, Avdija was very good and can understand why a lot of people wanted him here - just a big wing who can do a lot of things well, was outplaying Luka early in the game. That is off course until Luka decided to take over the game.

Kuzma looks so big on the court. Has a lot of talent for sure, but talent has never been an issue with him. Just overall not a smart basketball player.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BolsDamols's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
I'm really ready for them to give THJ's minutes to Hardy or at a minimum more of his minutes. Teach Hardy to take charges and give him a chance.
Like Reply
Lol I stopped watching and they end up winning.

You're welcome!
[-] The following 3 users Like donzingis38's post:
  • DallasMaverick, MFFL, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(02-12-2024, 11:05 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: I'm really ready for them to give THJ's minutes to Hardy or at a minimum more of his minutes. Teach Hardy to take charges and give him a chance.

It'd be nice if Exum got healthy, tbh. Hopefully he's back after the All-Star break.

Here I was assuming THJ was playing bad to lower his trade value so he'd stay in Dallas. No, he's just bad. I shouldn't accuse him of such shady motives.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scott41theMavs's post:
  • BigDirk41, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
(02-12-2024, 10:55 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: The people that didn't want Kuzma were absolutely right. He sucks. I thought he was a better player, but he's not.

Yeah, but Deni's going to be worth more than just a FRP next season.
[-] The following 2 users Like Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • BigDirk41, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-12-2024, 11:00 PM)Jym Wrote: Give Poole the Dirkie

Holy geez, can you believe how terrible he is?
Like Reply
(02-12-2024, 11:02 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: The guy on the Wiz that can really help a contender is Tyus Jones - too bad that a solid player like him is rotting on the Wiz.

Also, Avdija was very good and can understand why a lot of people wanted him here - just a big wing who can do a lot of things well, was outplaying Luka early in the game. That is off course until Luka decided to take over the game.

Kuzma looks so big on the court. Has a lot of talent for sure, but talent has never been an issue with him. Just overall not a smart basketball player.

I thought Kuzma's always been a low IQ player. I never wanted him when the trade rumors were happening
Like Reply
(02-12-2024, 11:11 PM)donzingis38 Wrote: I thought Kuzma's always been a low IQ player. I never wanted him when the trade rumors were happening

You are correct  Big Grin
Like Reply
So ready to jump into 5-6 seed.

Just need to keep winning and the standings will take care of itself.
[-] The following 2 users Like BolsDamols's post:
  • BigDirk41, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(02-12-2024, 11:07 PM)donzingis38 Wrote: Lol I stopped watching and they end up winning.

You're welcome!

I finally got a chance to turn on the game and we were losing badly. Then it was all comeback city!

It was great to see us win the rebounding war again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MFFL's post:
  • donzingis38
Like Reply
(02-12-2024, 11:08 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Yeah, but Deni's going to be worth more than just a FRP next season.

I'm proud of myself for saying the targets on the Wizards were Avdija and Gafford.

Those two really are winning players. I still want Deni here.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
One thing I’m noticing, and also something I predicted: PJ Washington’s minutes are coming at the expense of DJJ (so far), another forward, not one of the guards. I have no idea why people expected to see otherwise.

Not only is Hardaway still playing, but freaking Hardy and Hardaway are BOTH still in the rotation. Hardy played as much as DJJ.
Like Reply
This was a quality win...ignore the Wizards' record because they've given the Mavs a lot of problems in the last 2 years so sweeping them wasn't going to be easy.

It was also a better test of how the roster's new size would match up against a bigger Wizards lineup compared to the Thunder. This was a game where they normally would have lost the rebounding battle.
[-] The following 2 users Like SwisherPrice's post:
  • KillerLeft, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
(02-12-2024, 11:36 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: One thing I’m noticing, and also something I predicted: PJ Washington’s minutes are coming at the expense of DJJ (so far), another forward, not one of the guards. I have no idea why people expected to see otherwise.

Not only is Hardaway still playing, but freaking Hardy and Hardaway are BOTH still in the rotation. Hardy played as much as DJJ.

DJJ is reaching the point where his unwillingness to take/inability to make 3s is really hurting his chances.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-12-2024, 11:40 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: This was a game where they normally would have lost the rebounding battle.

Maybe the guy who apparently didn't do good had something to do with that.
Like Reply
(02-12-2024, 11:13 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: You are correct  Big Grin

i'd still take him over thj though lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes donzingis38's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply