Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 53: Oklahoma City Thunder (35-16) vs. Dallas Mavericks (29-23)
Amazing how Gafford and PJ in limited minutes have changed the interior dynamic for Dallas both on offense and with rebounding. It also hasn’t hurt that Maxi has had his best game of the season!
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
[-] The following 5 users Like OBX Maverick's post:
  • BigDirk41, donzingis38, KillerLeft, Scott41theMavs, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Every NBA video assistant right now: Okay scratch Hack-a-Lively from the play-off menu. Cause that´s something we´d surely have seen until Gafford and his silky smooth FT technique entered the arena.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
Kyrie has played SO much better this half
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
This team is fun to watch. Too bad 2/3 of the Mavs' announcers do their absolute damnedest to make the broadcast unlistenable.
[-] The following 3 users Like RasheedsBigWhiteSpot's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft, Wizemagic
Like Reply
So glad we ended up with Gafford instead of OKC
[-] The following 4 users Like Jym's post:
  • BigDirk41, BoredAssistant, KillerLeft, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Giddey is having a game from hell. He's not this bad.

PJ has had 2 great defensive possessions in a row. Great stuff.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
We are legit contenders. Who is better in the West? I’m not afraid of any of those teams. Only Denver deserves respect
[-] The following 2 users Like Jason Terry's post:
  • BigDirk41, The Jom
Like Reply
(02-10-2024, 05:05 PM)Jym Wrote: So glad we ended up with Gafford instead of OKC

For real. THEY needed him even more.
Like Reply
(02-10-2024, 05:03 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Kyrie has played SO much better this half

If he wouldn't disappear for extended stretches he would be the franchise player on his own team. All the talent in the world but sometimes you barely notice that he is on the floor. I guess that helps when he is playing next to guys like LBJ or Luka. But I would love see a little more "selfishness" from him. He has it in him. Against the Nets he had something to prove and took over from the very beginning.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
PJ WASHINGTON ATTACKING OFF A DRIVE AND NAILING A LAYUP!!!!!!!!!!

LETS GO!
Like Reply
(02-10-2024, 05:06 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: We are legit contenders. Who is better in the West? I’m not afraid of any of those teams. Only Denver deserves respect

Clippers still scare me. 
Hopefully can get get OKC or the 'Wolves in the first round
Like Reply
This might be they're most impressive win of the year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Totally wrong take on Kyrie by some guys in this thread. I am SO imrpessed with him, because he NEVER forces it and still drops 25 a night. He goes with the flow, that's why he is the perfect guy next to Luka, from a mentality standpoint. Sure, it would be perfect if he was the size of Pippen with his defense but I mean we still live in reality and those two can obviously co-exist and with 3 athletic guys who rebound and can shoot threes is a GREAT team going forward. I am super excited. Best win of the season, I think.
[-] The following 5 users Like meistermatze's post:
  • BigDirk41, DallasMaverick, MarkAguirreWrathofGod, Scott41theMavs, ThisIStheYear
Like Reply
(02-10-2024, 05:01 PM)OBX Maverick Wrote: Amazing how Gafford and PJ in limited minutes have changed the interior dynamic for Dallas both on offense and with rebounding.  It also hasn’t hurt that Maxi has had his best game of the season!

I said it earlier but the fact SGA is trying to drive on 6'5 DJJ only to be met with PJ Washington 7'2 wingspan and Daniel Gafford shading with Luka waiting below. There is just SO much more size.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, MarkAguirreWrathofGod, RGP1981
Like Reply
This is the most hype I’ve been about the Mavs since game 7 in Phoenix.

Yeah it might not all work out big picture but this is fun.
[-] The following 2 users Like RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • BigDirk41, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Thunder have a Giddey-sized problem. And I am not talking about the off court stuff. I guess the trade for Hayward happened for a reason.
Like Reply
(02-10-2024, 05:08 PM)Jym Wrote: Clippers still scare me. 
Hopefully can get get OKC or the 'Wolves in the first round

Let's not get ahead of ourselves over one game. The West is tough. They've played great, but it's one game.
[-] The following 3 users Like HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • bodhisattva, SleepingHero, ThisIStheYear
Like Reply
(02-10-2024, 05:10 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I said it earlier but the fact SGA is trying to drive on 6'5 DJJ only to be met with PJ Washington 7'2 wingspan and Daniel Gafford shading with Luka waiting below. There is just SO much more size.

Yeah no easy sh*t at the rim anymore. You need vision impairers in the NBA. Powell and Williams just are non-existent in the botherment factor.
Like Reply
Kai is cooking
Like Reply
One more rebound for Gafford and the Mavs would have two bigs with double doubles.
Like Reply