Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 39: New York Knicks (22-15) vs Dallas Mavericks (22-16)
[Image: GDlG0LRXMAAiaLY?format=png&name=small]

https://twitter.com/iztok_franko/status/...7712956575

Quote:A really tough test for Dallas (with no Doncic, Lively, Exum) against the hottest team in the NBA

Knicks in 5 games since Anunoby trade:
- 5-0, best point differential in NBA at +24
- Best defense, allowing 101 per 100
- remained best off rebounding team

Brunson revenge game incoming? First game back in Dallas since the trade. Hopefully the Mavs are up for it.
Like Reply
I was just about to make the thread! Thanks for doing it.

It's sad Luka is out. NYK is one of the hottest teams in the league right now. Going to be hard to win tonight.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
This feels like a loss to me. Then again, so did the Minnesota game.
Like Reply
(01-11-2024, 06:31 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: This feels like a loss to me. Then again, so did the Minnesota game.

Luka and Kyrie went off vs Minnesota. He's out tonight. Unless a couple of guys have a career night, to go along with Ky, this probably is a loss. Brunson and Randle have been on fire.
Like Reply
(01-11-2024, 07:10 PM)HoosierDaddyKidd Wrote: Luka and Kyrie went off vs Minnesota. He's out tonight. Unless a couple of guys have a career night, to go along with Ky, this probably is a loss. Brunson and Randle have been on fire.

If we had Exum to check Brunson, I'd homerishly give the Mavs some hope. Without Luka or Exum, this is a loss unless both the Knicks lay a massive egg and the Mavs play way above their heads. I predict at least a 30 point blowout, in all seriousness.
Like Reply
Just wanted to say how happy I am for Jalen and the Knicks' success! Time for Josh to shine (as he passes up wide open effing looks from 3).
Like Reply
Only took six minutes for Powell to get punched in the face.
[-] The following 3 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BoredAssistant, KillerLeft, MFFL
Like Reply
Great start.

I just can’t. Grant comes in and first possession loses his man for a corner three. So frustrating right now
Like Reply
And just like that, Kidd subs out Josh Green
Would it be too much for Green to close the quarter?
Like Reply
(01-11-2024, 09:02 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: And just like that, Kidd subs out Josh Green
Would it be too much for Green to close the quarter?

Matching his minutes with Brunson's. Not the worst idea based on the first few defensive possessions of the game.
Like Reply
Kyrie, Williams, Hardaway and Green all playing well so far.

Why can’t Green play like this when Luka is playing?
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(01-11-2024, 08:34 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: If we had Exum to check Brunson, I'd homerishly give the Mavs some hope. Without Luka or Exum, this is a loss unless both the Knicks lay a massive egg and the Mavs play way above their heads. I predict at least a 30 point blowout, in all seriousness.

It’s looking okay, so far.
Like Reply
(01-11-2024, 09:04 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Kyrie, Williams, Hardaway and Green all playing well so far.

Why can’t Green play like this when Luka is playing?

Afraid to make mistakes? Knows someone better can score totally disregarding he can? Kidd instructions?

(01-11-2024, 09:03 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Matching his minutes with Brunson's. Not the worst idea based on the first few defensive possessions of the game.

Good point, but you know how it is with Green.. he has the tendency to disappear.
Like Reply
Nothing more annoying than guards/wings getting boards. Curry and Morris asleep. Leaving a wide open lane for Hart.
Like Reply
What a quarter!!
Like Reply
(01-11-2024, 08:55 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Great start.

I just can’t.  Grant comes in and first possession loses his man for a corner three.  So frustrating right now

Well after that some inspired minutes from Grant.

We are limited but not sure we can get away with the super small lineup of Seth, Hardy and Hardaway all out there for long
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Brunson still getting the home court whistle.
Like Reply
I really hate those THJ triples.
Crossing half court with a triple in mind.
Like Reply
Man, Hardaway takes and then gives. Really forced shot and then two turnovers
Like Reply
Not enough ballhandling on the floor. First half minutes with Hardy looked better than Curry trying to avoid any ballhandling duty.
Like Reply