Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 37: Minnesota Timberwolves (25-10) vs Dallas Mavericks (22-15) WIN!!!!!!!!
Who had Dwight Powell putting Gobert and Towns in foul trouble on his bingo card for todays game?
Like Reply
(01-07-2024, 10:10 PM)surfpuckmd Wrote: DJJ is one of our 5 best players and so will have to be in our playoff rotation.

Totally agree, but regardless of how many benefits he brings to the table, you cannot win in the playoffs with a guy who doesn't have to be guarded. So, if he's not going to hit shots, the playoffs won't last very long for the Mavs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • surfpuckmd
Like Reply
haha, classic overreaction posts in this thread - but honestly i for one thought it was a loss after that Towns flurry of points.

I should have known better as Towns is a proven loser and Kai is a proven winner - big win!

Gobert is not scaring anybody in the plays offs - same ole Rudy Mavs played in the 2022 playoffs
[-] The following 2 users Like BolsDamols's post:
  • DallasMaverick, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(01-07-2024, 10:15 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: Gobert is not scaring anybody in the plays offs - same ole Rudy Mavs played in the 2022 playoffs

I agree. 

During the grind of the regular season, this whole "three bigs at once" thing can be a pain, but in a 7-game series I feel like the Mavs cold spread them out and tear them to shreds. We'll see. I do agree with the Anthony Edwards hype though. He's pretty scary.
Like Reply
(01-07-2024, 10:15 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: haha, classic overreaction posts in this thread - but honestly i for one thought it was a loss after that Towns flurry of points.

The world is a wonderful place, and every single member of our Mavs is THE BEST, without flaws. 

Couldn't possibly trade any of them at this time.  

How am I doing so far?
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply
Great game and great win. Minny was making all the plays in the fourth, until they didn't. The three point play by Powell and the 3 by Kyrie after a timeout was huge. Followed by the steal and three by Kyrie a few possessions later. It looked like Minny was going to let anyone besides Luka and Kyrie beat them and they almost put the game away.

Minny is really good. I think a playoff series against them will be fabulous. Edwards has that look all night. Great player. Questions though of how Gobert does in the playoffs and can Towns (who is also really good) play to his talent in the playoffs. They have also been healthy. Their wing and PG depth could hurt them if they get some injuries. Good team though. Just want to see Gobert and Towns do it when it matters.

Powell, Jones and Green get some love from me. Just worked their butt off. Hardaway fought too against bigger players, but his shot was off tonight. Tonight was a Maxi game if he was still alive and healthy.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • KillerLeft, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
(01-07-2024, 10:22 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Tonight was a Maxi game if he was still alive and healthy.

Can you imagine this team with a healthy, playing-well Kleber? 

I wish people would stop dismissing this idea and help us wish it into existence.
[-] The following 4 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • MFFL, rocky164, surfpuckmd, The Jom
Like Reply
(01-07-2024, 10:15 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: haha, classic overreaction posts in this thread - but honestly i for one thought it was a loss after that Towns flurry of points.

I should have known better as Towns is a proven loser and Kai is a proven winner - big win!

Gobert is not scaring anybody in the plays offs - same ole Rudy Mavs played in the 2022 playoffs

Gobert lost them the game in the last two minutes. Lately Lively has shown the ability to attack the rim after the trap. Side stepping and finishing over a smaller defender at the rim. Powell isn't as athletic as he used to be but he has improved his decision making and finds the open shooter in a 4vs3 situation.
Gobert cannot do either of those things. Instead of finishing over a smaller defender like Luka he turns away from the basket. Instead of finding the open shooter he throws the ball away.
[-] The following 3 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • ACMFFL, BolsDamols, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-07-2024, 10:15 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Totally agree, but regardless of how many benefits he brings to the table, you cannot win in the playoffs with a guy who doesn't have to be guarded. So, if he's not going to hit shots, the playoffs won't last very long for the Mavs.

I agree.  The offense doesn't work if our role players don't hit their open 3 point shots.  He does so much for us on defense though that I think he's our best forward even if he drops to 32% from 3.  Hopefully, he can make an adjustment and start hitting at a better percentage.
[-] The following 1 user Likes surfpuckmd's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
This Mavs team is playing way better than I thought coming into this season. They have 2 superstars in Luka and Kyrie. They have excellent role players in Derrick Jones Jr and Dante Exum (need to give credit to the Mavs brain trust in getting those 2 guys). They've got a rookie in Lively who in my opinion would be a top 5 pick if the draft was done today. They've got a 6th man of the year candidate in THJ.

My disappointment has been Grant Williams, Josh Green and Jaden Hardy.

It would be nice if Kleber could contribute something this season (what a mistake giving him a 3 year extension - ouch)

I believe we're a PF away (Siakam comes to mind) as well as assuming a healthy roster from being a legit title contender
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs03's post:
  • KillerLeft, surfpuckmd
Like Reply
What a great win. Good to know we can beat good teams without having Lively. He’s truly been a game changer for us this year.

Now would be the perfect time for Maxi to come back
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jason Terry's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-07-2024, 10:47 PM)Mavs03 Wrote: This Mavs team is playing way better than I thought coming into this season.  They have 2 superstars in Luka and Kyrie.  They have excellent role players in Derrick Jones Jr and Dante Exum (need to give credit to the Mavs brain trust in getting those 2 guys).  They've got a rookie in Lively who in my opinion would be a top 5 pick if the draft was done today.  They've got a 6th man of the year candidate in THJ.

My disappointment has been Grant Williams, Josh Green and Jaden Hardy.

It would be nice if Kleber could contribute something this season (what a mistake giving him a 3 year extension - ouch)

I believe we're a PF away (Siakam comes to mind) as well as assuming a healthy roster from being a legit title contender

Good post but one correction.

Dereck Lively would be the 2nd pick the draft if the 2023 draft was repeated.  He has been that terrific for us.
Like Reply
1. Legitimately one of Dwight’s best games ever

2. Timberwolves are NEVER going to win with Gobert and KAT

3. Despite the opponent being FRAUDS it was a great win with our injury situation
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(01-07-2024, 11:05 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: What a great win. Good to know we can beat good teams without having Lively. He’s truly been a game changer for us this year.

Now would be the perfect time for Maxi to come back

Can’t agree with you more. Now, does anyone have any clue when Maxi’s comin back? Seems to be the best-kept secret in Mavsland.
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
Like Reply
Need Maxi back. That shot blocking and 3 ball is what we are missing. Green needs to play more than Hardaway. I have no idea why this isn’t happening. Hardaway is a liability
Like Reply
I have a feeling Maxi’s out until after the All-Star break. Typically he’s only good for 30 games a season plus playoffs. Hold him out until about the 50 game mark then see what he’s got left. If there is still something left in the tank he’ll be fresh and ready for the playoffs.
Like Reply
The smart move is keep it secret while Maxi works his body to the needed level. If he were to suddenly be healthy and added post-ASB for the stretch run and playoffs that would make a huge difference to our ceiling

Let’s not forget that Maxi was our best option against peak Kawhi in the playoffs. He would be perfect for guys like KAT and AD. Maxi’s shooting in the WCF run was key…….Luka is loyal. I don’t think he’s forgotten how at the end of those first few playoffs it was Luka, Dorian and Maxi standing there beat up having fought hard to the end. Surrounded by a bunch of scrubs who couldn’t defend……we’ve come a long way
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jason Terry's post:
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply