Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 36: Portland Trailblazers (9-25) vs. Dallas Mavericks (21-15)| 103-139 WIN!
It´s on the coaching staff to figure out how to make Green/Hardy play with Luka like they do without him. Can see why other teams would be interested in them and how it could make the Mavs look dumb in the long run. #Brunson.
[-] The following 5 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • BoredAssistant, KillerLeft, LifeAquatic, MarkAguirreWrathofGod, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Green looks like a stud whenever Luka doesn’t play
[-] The following 2 users Like RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • LifeAquatic, surfpuckmd
Like Reply
They haven’t all gone for assists, but Hardaway has made some really nice passes tonight.

In general, the ball is moving very well.

This is the most steals I’ve ever seen.
Like Reply
Damn. We need to petition A.Silver for a couple of roster spots for bigs. Powell invaluable!
Like Reply
In the third still, but one of my favorite games of the season.

Green has been a total stud. Also love the Hardy game. Has let the game come to him and not just focused on trying to score. Looks good out there.

Portland. Woof. What a terrible performance.
Like Reply
O-Max at CENTER❤️

(01-05-2024, 10:17 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: O-Max at CENTER❤️

Only lasted a few possessions, but they were good ones! He totally punked that guy who tried to dunk.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BoredAssistant, MFFL
Like Reply
(01-05-2024, 10:08 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: They haven’t all gone for assists, but Hardaway has made some really nice passes tonight.

That oop attempt to Brown was not one of them.

You could do much worse than AJ Lawson as an end-of-bench dude.
Like Reply
(01-05-2024, 10:23 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: That oop attempt to Brown was not one of them.

You could do much worse than AJ Lawson as an end-of-bench dude.

Wouldn’t that be the “alley” attempt?
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • HIMAV
Like Reply
Man, O-Max has played center for several minutes in this game, very effectively, and is now being allowed to bring the ball up the floor, dribbling between his legs and beating people off the dribble.

I am sorry, but if you have given up on him already, your patience is insufficient. My dude is going to be a stud.
[-] The following 4 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • ballsrchr, LifeAquatic, Scott41theMavs, WillE
Like Reply
AJ is doing his part taking advantage of his opportunities. I love how he rebounds. Is a good defender and has plus athleticism. Shooting is his swing skill. If he can be a solid three point shooter, he may make some good money in the nba.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
O-Max!!!!!
Like Reply
Great game. Love the effort and speed. Can't believe how bad Portland is.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Even Greg Brown looks like the end of bench young guy other teams always find and Dallas doesn’t.

I like this front office, lately. Hard to admit, but true.
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • surfpuckmd, The Jom, WillE
Like Reply
Nice games.

Hardy 19/9/9
Green 14/5/5
Omax 8/6/3
Lawson 14/5/2/2
Brown 7/2/1 with 3 blks.
Williams 7/0/2 with about 3 blks not counted.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • KillerLeft, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(01-05-2024, 10:27 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Man, O-Max has played center for several minutes in this game, very effectively, and is now being allowed to bring the ball up the floor, dribbling between his legs and beating people off the dribble.

He can dribble, doesn't have the advance stuff, but he can. The problem with Omax's specially early on was/is confidence. He might say he is confident, but I can see he is scared to commit mistakes and that makes him stiff, explains all his awkwardness. But I see him getting over this mental stuff quickly than Josh had. Took Josh 3 years (and still not there yet mentally), Omax could/would develop faster.

I actually like Omax at C better than I would like GW.
[-] The following 3 users Like Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • KillerLeft, LifeAquatic, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(01-05-2024, 10:48 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Nice games.

Hardy 19/9/9
Green 14/5/5
Omax 8/6/3
Lawson 14/5/2/2
Brown 7/2/1 with 3 blks.
Williams 7/0/2 with about 3 blks not counted.

I’m giving Luka my Dirkie vote.  This was fun.  Glad he got some rest and glad the young guys got to shine
Like Reply
(01-05-2024, 10:04 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Green looks like a stud whenever Luka doesn’t play

We need a coach who can figure out how to make them play together successfully.  I don't think JKidd is that coach.
[-] The following 1 user Likes surfpuckmd's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
It doesn’t help that Luka treats Green like he did Javale McGee. Anytime there’s a mistake, he’ll be getting yelled at. Josh plays way less scared when Luka isn’t playing.
Like Reply
(01-05-2024, 10:46 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Even Greg Brown looks like the end of bench young guy other teams always find and Dallas doesn’t.

I like this front office, lately. Hard to admit, but true.

I don't want to overreact to just one game but I'm ready to drop Markieff Morris and convert Greg Brown to a standard contract.  There's an NBA rotation player there who just needs to be developed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes surfpuckmd's post:
  • rocky164
Like Reply
(01-05-2024, 05:30 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: 48 minutes of Powell/Williams at center, baby! I'm in!

Well... I wasn't wrong. We could survive big Powell minutes in this game. A truly pathetic performance by Portland. Luka has to be thrilled they actually pulled out a win without him so he could actually get some rest
Like Reply