Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 35: Portland Trailblazers (9-24) vs. Dallas Mavericks (20-15) 97-126 WIN!
[Image: KOHAKXX7DJD6FCSN4X2ZP4KXS4.JPG]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Big game tonight...I can't believe I am saying that. The Mavs have a 7 game homestand (against several good teams). I believe we were at a similar stage last year with a big homestand that I thought was a big testing ground. The Mavs failed last year and after that it was mostly downhill.

Important to get off to a good start. If the Mavs lose a few of these game, fine we will deal with it. They can't have more stinkers though. It seems like every few games they lay a stinker. Can't have these over the 7 game homestand.

I would also like to see some discipline. They lose focus too often. Maybe that is what happens in todays NBA. Probably more so if you are a heavy three point shooting team. It just feels like they lay off the gas a little and get sloppy allowing quick runs when the game should be out of reach for the other team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Portland is another team, that can be good offensively, if you let them. Mavs will have to be serious on defense to win this one.
Like Reply
Looking to see how much difficulty Luka is having with the lingering quad injury. If he’s still wincing after every other drive where he has to push off, we need to shut him down for however long it takes. 

These are important games for playoff positioning sure, but in the grand scheme, we are going nowhere fast without a healthy Luka.
Like Reply
Chuck Cooperstein (@coopmavs)
Time for Mavs to turn it on. 4-7 in last 11 has dropped them from 3rd in West to 7th. They start a 7 game homestand w/BTB games vs POR, whom they've already beaten 2x. 8-2 vs POR in last 10, the wins by a 20.8 avg. @KevinGraySports Pre at 7. tip w/Brad & me at 7:40 @971TheFreak

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47xqpbttbdk6oy3kcf92...y.gif&ct=g]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
This is funny.

https://x.com/mavsfilmroom/status/174268...14467?s=46&t=iwQP5yZoJF3Ulzfb9MH7Cg
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
I dunno why but I started LMAO when I saw that clip earlier instead of being outraged. I’m probably a psychopath.
Like Reply
(01-03-2024, 06:44 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: This is funny.

https://x.com/mavsfilmroom/status/174268...14467?s=46&t=iwQP5yZoJF3Ulzfb9MH7Cg

I mean, dude has some ups. We could probably use his rebounding.
Like Reply
Nicely pass from Luka and a good finish from Green.

The guy in the corner bailed Luka out with that reach. Grant defended the drive well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Luka looks off tonight. Portland bailing him out with bad fouls. No time to rest that quad.
Like Reply
I’m starting to agree with those who say Powell has lost a step on defense.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Damn…Mavs were rolling and then Lively had a real bad ankle screen. Looked much worse than the previous injury. Same ankle. Just before a huge stretch for the Mavs. Ugh!
Like Reply
(01-03-2024, 10:19 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Damn…Mavs were rolling and then Lively had a real bad ankle screen.  Looked much worse than the previous injury.  Same ankle.  Just before a huge stretch for the Mavs.  Ugh!

Looked bad
Like Reply
At a certain point you have to wonder if Lively is injury prone
Like Reply
Alright, No DLive and no GW, for the next few games at least..

Mav's won't stand pat -- they'd get another big.
Like Reply
Dwight Powell probably will average 30+ minutes while Lively and GW are out. The guy is just inevitable
Like Reply
It is going to take awhile and maybe he will never pop, but I think OMAx is going to be a real important player here. He is just so big and plays so hard. There is a lot he needs to learn and fine tune but he is the exact type of player we have needed to look for.
[-] The following 4 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • ballsrchr, KillerLeft, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo, rocky164
Like Reply
(01-03-2024, 10:52 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: It is going to take awhile and maybe he will never pop, but I think OMAx is going to be a real important player here.  He is just so big and plays so hard.  There is a lot he needs to learn and fine tune but he is the exact  type of player we have needed to look for.

If GWill is out any time, he may get a chance for some more minutes in non-scrub time.
[-] The following 2 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • DallasMaverick, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-03-2024, 10:41 PM)MFFL Wrote: At a certain point you have to wonder if Lively is injury prone

He's a rookie that the team is relying upon as a 30mpg starter because of their own mistakes and poor choices.
Like Reply
I was happy until I saw the injuries. Kyrie looked good though.
Like Reply