Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 33: Dallas Mavericks (19-14) vs. Golden State Warriors (15-17) 132-122 WIN
[Image: GCngn4uXgAA0XYD?format=jpg&name=large]

Dallas Mavericks Injury Report vs. Golden State Warriors - Updated:

Seth Curry – questionable (illness)
Luka Doncic - questionable (left quad soreness)
Kyrie Irving - doubtful (right heel contusion)
Maxi Kleber - out (right small toe dislocation)
Greg Brown III - out (G League)
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Very important game. Warriors are not that far behind and a win against them would count as double. Lets hope Luka will be able to play. Also, it looks like Irving is closing towards playing again, finally.
[-] The following 4 users Like omahen's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, KillerLeft, Mavs2021, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(12-30-2023, 02:40 PM)omahen Wrote: Very important game. Warriors are not that far behind and a win against them would count as double. Lets hope Luka will be able to play. Also, it looks like Irving is closing towards playing again, finally.

Plus, the Warriors are kind of in a bad way and vulnerable. The Mavs will either capitalize on that or help GS get out of their funk.
Like Reply
I hate 3 game losing streaks. Go Mavs!
Like Reply
(12-30-2023, 05:41 PM)MFFL Wrote: I hate 3 game losing streaks. Go Mavs!

Me too!

I also hate 1- and 2-game losing streaks.
[-] The following 7 users Like DallasMaverick's post:
  • ballsrchr, BigDirk41, MFFL, Reunion Mav, Scott41theMavs, SleepingHero, surfpuckmd
Like Reply
Can't allow what happened vs Cleveland again. Quit blowing leads!
Like Reply
Also, January schedule will be again very tough. It starts with Utah and two games against Portland, but then we only play good teams till end of the month (Atlanta is perhaps the weakest). Minny twice, Boston, a bunch of West playoff competitors and a couple of playoff teams in the East (Orlando, NY).
Like Reply
I hope this one is true and Luka really is playing

https://twitter.com/Mavs_FFL/status/1741...wcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fdallas-mavericks

Also, looks like Looney will be available for GSW

https://twitter.com/GrantAfseth/status/1...wcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fdallas-mavericks
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply
(12-30-2023, 07:35 PM)omahen Wrote: Also, January schedule will be again very tough. It starts with Utah and two games against Portland, but then we only play good teams till end of the month (Atlanta is perhaps the weakest). Minny twice, Boston, a bunch of West playoff competitors and a couple of playoff teams in the East (Orlando, NY).

That is because there are 20ish very close playoff contenders in the league. Every team this year and last has a tough schedule.
Like Reply
I support the decision to move Hardaway back to the bench. I do not support the decision to put Hardy in his place.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
Good Mavs shooting and bad GSW shooting made the difference. But if that changes, Mavs will have a hard time winning this one.
Like Reply
One of the most impressive things about Lively is that he’s SO clearly ahead of his years, defensively, he even kind of gets a good whistle from the refs. I defy someone to say they saw that coming.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Friends, when Luka, Kyrie, Exum, Green, Hardaway, DJJ, Williams and Lively are all healthy and locked in, this is a good team. If they can get Kleber back into form they might be the best team of the Luka era.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
That fast break between Hardaway and Green was breathtakingly beautiful on both of their parts.
Like Reply
Most confident green game in quite a while.

Nobody ever hangs out in the game thread anymore. KillerLeft feels sad.
Like Reply
Sorry, KL. Cowboys playing and family in town. Go Mavs!
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(12-30-2023, 10:17 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Most confident green game in quite a while.

Nobody ever hangs out in the game thread anymore. KillerLeft feels sad.

Whenever I watch, they play like shit and I get angry AF. 

I’ll probably watch the DVR of this one later if they hang on.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Big win!
Like Reply
GSW did improve their shooting, but Mavs stayed hot and secured an important win. Everyone played good game on offense. Didn't like THJ defense
Like Reply
I so love Exum on this team. What a find.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply