Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 31: Cleveland Cavaliers (17-13) vs. Dallas Mavericks (18-12)
Well flush that game. Yuck. One of the things that I dislike about Luka is when he is rolling he tends to lose focus at times. especially against a team he doesn't really scare him. It is a couple of heat check shots (he makes plenty), a few please the crowd difficult passes, slow closeouts, giving up getting back on defense. An aggressive team can attack and pickup 6, 8, 10 points in a matter of minutes. Oh well, this one will hurt.

(12-27-2023, 10:41 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I’m curious why you feel that way. There was really only one stretch of Williams at center, unless I missed one. I thought he played well, and they won that stretch decisively.

Just now, as I was typing this, Grant came up with a huge offensive rebound.

To be clear, the decision to go small after the past time out has gone pretty far towards shifting the momentum back in Dallas’s favor.

We are getting open shots again, they are just missing them. The defense looks fine to me. Better than it was last five minutes, even.

I will need to go back and re-watch.  Scratch that.  Yuck.

I thought Powell was much more impactful.  He is a lob threat and better getting rebounds.  Right now Grant is not a lob threat or a real threat from three.  Doesn't rebound well and struggles guarding the perimeter or protecting the rim.   Maybe it could look better with someone like Maxi, but I think that lineup with no other big will bleed points more often than be productive.   Maybe I am wrong though.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game 31: Cleveland Cavaliers (17-13) vs. Dallas Mavericks (18-12) - by Chicagojk - 12-27-2023, 11:08 PM