Poll: Luka...or somebody else?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
G. Williams
0%
0 0%
THJ
0%
0 0%
DJJ
0%
0 0%
Dwight Powell
4.00%
1 4.00%
A.J. Lawson
16.00%
4 16.00%
Luka
76.00%
19 76.00%
Dante Exem
4.00%
1 4.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 29 Dirkie thread: Luka!
Who is the player who most elevated their game?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ballsrchr's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
Probably Luka for this one, but man am I loving Exum, DJJ and Hardaway.
Like Reply
+37 Monster triple double. I'll have to go with Luka

Honorable mentions: I'm almost starting to expect these kind of stat lines from Exum, Lawson is a strong candidate here, and even Powell is worth a mention because the Spurs failing to take advantage of him even without Wemby really did them in here.
Like Reply
Luka is the best player on the floor,no doubt, but what he did was what we expect every night. Unfair?...sure, but with greatness comes great expectations.

Dante Exum? I'm really liking his signing. Just wish it was for 4 years now instead of 1. A perfect companion for Luka.

Streaky Hardaway? Naw.

Dwight Powell was solid.

A. J. Lawson built on the last good game he had, so...I'm giving my Dirkie to Lawson.
Like Reply
(12-23-2023, 11:02 PM)ballsrchr Wrote: Luka is the best player on the floor,no doubt, but what he did was what we expect every night.  Unfair?...sure, but with greatness comes great expectations.

Dante Exum?  I'm really liking his signing.  Just wish it was for 4 years now instead of 1.  A perfect companion for Luka.

Streaky Hardaway?  Naw.

Dwight Powell was solid.

A. J. Lawson built on the last good game he had, so...I'm giving my Dirkie to Lawson.

Well if it makes you feel better we actually have Exum signed for two years as long as we decide to guarantee the second year of his contract this offseason which looks like an absolute no brainer.
Like Reply
(12-23-2023, 11:04 PM)MrGoat Wrote: Well if it makes you feel better we actually have Exum signed for two years as long as we decide to guarantee the second year of his contract this offseason which looks like an absolute no brainer.

Wow!!!  I feel good, and I knew that I would now
I feel good, and I knew that I would now
so good, so good, I got you!

I remember now that is was for 2 years.  With my senior brain it's hard to remember things for long.  So...as long as they guarantee that no brainer second year:

Wow!!!  I feel nice, like sugar and spice
I feel nice, like sugar and spice
So nice, so nice, I got you!
[-] The following 2 users Like ballsrchr's post:
  • Reunion Mav, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
I knew it from the start Exum's going to be a very good 3rd string PG, but I didn't expect him to be this GOOD.

I'm seeing him the past few games he played, he defers to his team mates early on, sometimes he doesn't even score, but before the game is over you'd see him with a statline of 16/4/4/1. All within the game without forcing anything.

Good compliment for Luka, and close to perfect for Kyrie.

But AJ gets my vote in this one.
Like Reply
Luka got my vote for a new reason. The fans at the game just love him and he is even more entertaining than I remembered. He totally has an aura on the floor similar only to MJ, Kobe, Magic, Bird and Lebron among those I’ve seen in person a lot.

I liked Lawson tonight. He is earning my respect. That’s the Law Son is the call in the arena.
Like Reply
It’s unfair to expect a 39 point triple double with efficient shooting in just three quarters, so going with Luka. But in the true spirit of the award, Exum would be a good choice too.
Like Reply
I give it to Luka. Props to Lawson though with some impactful plays when the game was still competitive. I can't understate how good Exum has been. Even when he wasn't shooting he provides positive plays. When he does shoot, they are typically high percentage shots. Please stay healthy.
Like Reply
Lawson had a bunch of offball hustle plays we haven't seen since the DFS days. The putback dunk was very DFS-like.
Like Reply