Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 26: Denver Nuggets (17-10) vs. Dallas Mavericks (16-9) | 8:00pm CST
[Image: GBj9MPQaAAAalUk?format=jpg&name=large]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
may be a rough one tonight

https://x.com/townbrad/status/1736817996084162762?s=20

Brad Townsend
@townbrad
I’m told that Doncic was not feeling well enough to attend shootaround, but is expected to be able to play tonight.
Like Reply
Just let Luka sit. Have him fresh for LAC on Wednesday and then I think we have another b2b Friday and Saturday.
Like Reply
(12-18-2023, 01:46 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: may be a rough one tonight

https://x.com/townbrad/status/1736817996084162762?s=20

Brad Townsend
@townbrad
I’m told that Doncic was not feeling well enough to attend shootaround, but is expected to be able to play tonight.

Honestly fine scheduling this as a loss and having Luka sit.

It's a long shot win even if Luka played tonight without Lively and Kyrie. 

Run some whacky lineup like Hardy, THJ, Seth, Exum, Grant and see what happens.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Mavs have lost every single "tough" game on the schedule. Can we get a surprise win tonight? DEN is not playing their best basketball as of late.
We just paid a whole lot of money to a guy that went 9-29 (31%) on FG and 3-20 (15%) 3-pt% in both our win or go home elimination games last couple of playoffs. SMH 
Like Reply
Going to the game tonight, guess I'll wear my Dexter Dennis jersey.
[-] The following 2 users Like StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • DallasMaverick, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(12-18-2023, 03:51 PM)HAguiar95 Wrote: Mavs have lost every single "tough" game on the schedule. Can we get a surprise win tonight? DEN is not playing their best basketball as of late.
Disagree, they just beat the Lakers recently.
[-] The following 4 users Like ItsGoTime's post:
  • MFFL, mvossman, Scott41theMavs, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
Kyrie still out? (yes he is, just checked the injury report) Jokic whined like a bitch to the refs in our last game with them despite getting away with murder. Although, Lively being out is a killer here. I want to see a heavy dose of Morris just to annoy Jokic as much as possible. Denver has taken some embarrassing losses in their championship hangover already, but if they lose this one that would be one of the most embarrassing
Like Reply
(12-18-2023, 04:04 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Disagree, they just beat the Lakers recently.

Ya this was like the epitome of a scheduled loss.  One of the more impression regular season wins that I can remember.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
The Mavs have beaten a lot of legit teams this season. Some we didn’t think they were going to be as good as they have been, but good nonetheless. We’ve beaten:
Magic on 11/6
Clippers on 11/10 *
Pelicans on 11/12
Lakers on 11/22
Rockets on 11/28
Lakers on 12/12

* sure they weren’t firing on all cylinders at the time, but the potential of playing like they are now was there.
[-] The following 3 users Like ItsGoTime's post:
  • Jmaciscool, MrGoat, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(12-18-2023, 04:21 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: The Mavs have beaten a lot of legit teams this season. Some we didn’t think they were going to be as good as they have been, but good nonetheless. We’ve beaten:
Magic on 11/6
Clippers on 11/10 *
Pelicans on 11/12
Lakers on 11/22
Rockets on 11/28
Lakers on 12/12

* sure they weren’t firing on all cylinders at the time, but the potential of playing like they are now was there.

That Lakers win was amazing. 2nd night of a back to back and short handed.

Just all around great win.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • ItsGoTime, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(12-18-2023, 04:09 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Ya this was like the epitome of a scheduled loss.  One of the more impression regular season wins that I can remember.

Yes, the Lakers game was one of those scheduled losses, but the Mavs played an excellent game and won. Tonight might not have been a scheduled loss, but without our best interior player, and already at a size disadvantage when Lively’s playing, I’m afraid the Nugs will have a feast in the paint. Can’t see how we win this won based on what I watched the last time we played them.
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
Like Reply
Mavs have much better shooters. They just can’t get a stop on Joker and can’t get a fair shake from the whistles. Seem to anyone else like the girl refs all hate Luka?

Pissed Luka is my favorite Luka
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
Bad run from Jaden. Two defensive mistakes led to two open threes. 6 points

Mavs are short handed and the nuggets are really good, but as the year goes on Sallas just need to find ways to not give up so many easy baskets
Like Reply
Great Luka first half. Despite the team being hot from 3 in the second they makeup no ground.

Has a feeling because Dallas can’t stop them that Denver is a 3-4 run from having the game get away from us.

More than I expected with all the players we have out though
Like Reply
Hardaway can be absolutely brilliant taking charges while being at the same time clueless on any off the ball awareness. Pretty impressive actually.
Like Reply
What a brutal game. The Nuggets are playing at about 60% effort and still just absolutely coasting to a walkover win.
Like Reply
So why is Luka still in there in a blowout…playing with backups? I think they have done a poor job recently overplaying Luka. He has been great during the stretch but just reallly careless playing him these minutes

His defense like everyone’s has been awful tonight
Like Reply
I'm guessing it's a directive from Cuban. Win or lose by 30, Luka has to stay in there and get big minutes so he can get his stats for the MVP campaign
Like Reply
Mavs got smoked, and Joker didn't even dominate them as he usually does. Luka did his thing though. Funny tho, Reggie Jackson always seems to play well against them.
Like Reply