Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 10: New Orleans Pelicans (4-6) vs. Dallas Mavericks (8-2) | 124-136 WINNNN!!
[Image: F-rhiZXWoAAsMUI?format=jpg&name=large]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Big game, imo. Road game against a Pelicans team showing signs of trying this season. Pretty physical team, too, from what I've seen so far.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Knutsen
Like Reply
Another decent but not really good team. NO playing without McCullom, but rookie Hawkins had great stats without him. NO is a strangely constructed team with two bruisers and not much of shooting. If NO plays Jones next to Zion and Valanciunas, the opponent can basically just pack the paint. Even Ingram was horrible from three so far this season and Daniels is not much of a shooter. NO is dealing with a lot of injuries - McCollum, Alvarado, Murphy, Marshall, also Jones didn't play last two games.

NO defense is questionable especially if Jones is out. Lots of targets for Luka. It will be interesting to see how Lively handles Jonas and GW against Zion.
Like Reply
I can see the benefits of GWill against Val and Lively against Zion.
Like Reply
Pelicans' 9:30 injury report for their game tonight against the Mavericks:

- J. Alvarado - out (ankle)
- H. Jones - questionable (fibula)
- N. Marshall - questionable (knee)
- CJ McCollum - out (lung)
- T. Murphy III - out (knee)
- EJ Liddell - out (G League)
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I will be watching Grant Williams and his defense closely in this game. Grant has the tools and smarts to limit Zion. I also think this will be a difficult matchup for Lively since Valanciunas can stretch the floor, but he is also a great in the post and strong as a bull. I also like the DJJ on Ingram matchup. On the other hand the Pels just don't have the personel to guard a Luka-Lively PnR, since Luka likes to play against Val(be it Fiba, Nba or a local pickup game), so they probably hedge/double from the start. If Kyrie gets going and Lively stays out of foul trouble this should be a W.

Pels are probably going to start Jordan Hawkins(he was a guy I really liked in this years draft) at SG, he is a sniper and a great movement shooter. There was one guy who really shut down Hawkins last year in college, and it was none other than our guy Omax. This gives me some hope to see some Omax minutes.
Like Reply
Zion looks like he's 45

What a block by Grant there

Then Grant makes Zion fall out of bounds! Great D
Like Reply
Mavs look pretty awful offensively right now even though the shots look good. Thankfully the pelicans don't look any better
Like Reply
This DJJ mean reversion is going to be a painful experience
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
How is that a foul for Zion but Luka doesn't get that call
Like Reply
DJJ already 0-3 from deep. I think there will be a lot of teams who force him to prove it. If he can’t keep shooting 36% or so, he’ll turn into a liability. Might get 10 or more wide-open attempts tonight.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
Dwight with an impressive rebound in traffic just one possession after giving up an uncontested drive. We’ll take it. I guess.
Like Reply
That might be the weakest call I've ever seen in my lifetime

(11-12-2023, 07:21 PM)The Jom Wrote: DJJ already 0-3 from deep. I think there will be a lot of teams who force him to prove it. If he can’t keep shooting 36% or so, he’ll turn into a liability. Might get 10 or more wide-open attempts tonight.

He just needs to make 3-10 a night to make it worth it.
Like Reply
Mavs are having bursts of energy but overall look pretty slow and off.

They're asleep at the wheel right now
Like Reply
How many calls will the Pelicans get tonight JFC

10 free throw attempts in the quarter for the pels so far. The mavs aren't not allowed to play defense
Like Reply
Larry Nance is a good Maxi replacement but I highly doubt the Pelicans are interested in a swap
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(11-12-2023, 07:38 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Larry Nance is a good Maxi replacement but I highly doubt the Pelicans are interested in a swap

Same issue. Cannot stay healthy.
Like Reply
That should be a flagrant 2

(11-12-2023, 07:39 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Same issue. Cannot stay healthy.

Could be a Pelican curse? 

He was pretty healthy in Cleveland and LA
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
3 rebounds in 4 minutes for Dwight? I’m in.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Great last defensive possession there with Josh deflecting it all.

Kyrie has 11 points and 3 assists. Luka has started a bit slow in terms of his usual (8pts and 2 asts are nothing to scoff at), but it's apparent that the Mavs were struggling in his minutes so far. Last year this would be a 15 point hole. Now Kyrie is here to give all-NBA minutes even in Luka's absence. It's a nice sight.

Powell has been doing great rebounding so far and is defensively active. Great stuff from KaPowell.
Like Reply