Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DJJ (22pts. 4rbd, 7-10 FG +12)
79.17%
19 79.17%
Grant Williams (15pts, 3rbd, 2 ast, +18)
0%
0 0%
Josh Green (12pts, 2rbd, 3ast, 1stl, +4)
0%
0 0%
Luka (35pts, 12rbd, 12ast, 1stl, 1blk, +6)
16.67%
4 16.67%
THJ (21pts, 5rbd, 1 charge, +6)
4.17%
1 4.17%
Dwight Powell (0pts, 5rbd, 4blks +10)
0%
0 0%
Maxi (7pts, 5rbd, 2ast, 1 stl, +7)
0%
0 0%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 3 DIRKIE: Derick Jones Jr!
[Image: F9vBh8nXEAAl-iZ?format=jpg&name=large]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I wanted really hard to give Luka this dirkie. I mean wtf were those threes? This dude is unreal. As I watched through the 3rd quarter my mind was made up that if it couldn't be Luka, I had to give it to DJJ.

Then the Grizzlies go on an improbable run. The momentum of which was only stopped in my eyes after THJ took an INCREDIBLE charge. It made the Grizzlies lose their challenge (something that saved the Mavs butts a couple of times) but also rattled their brains. Couple that with pretty incredible shot making and paired with hustle on rebounds, I ended up giving my dirkie to THJ.

Well deserved. Although I must apologize to DJJ. I was not familiar with your game *insert Shaq's face*. Will he have another 20pt outing again this season? Probably not. But when his shot is on, I can see why Kidd wants him in the starting lineup.

Honorable mention to Powell, who is literally perfect as this 3rd string center. He is feasting and beasting. 4 BLOCKS?? POWELL????? You just got to love it.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
He left me Jonesing for more.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
(10-31-2023, 01:33 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I wanted really hard to give Luka this dirkie. I mean wtf were those threes? This dude is unreal. As I watched through the 3rd quarter my mind was made up that if it couldn't be Luka, I had to give it to DJJ.

Then the Grizzlies go on an improbable run. The momentum of which was only stopped in my eyes after THJ took an INCREDIBLE charge. It made the Grizzlies lose their challenge (something that saved the Mavs butts a couple of times) but also rattled their brains. Couple that with pretty incredible shot making and paired with hustle on rebounds, I ended up giving my dirkie to THJ.

Well deserved. Although I must apologize to DJJ. I was not familiar with your game *insert Shaq's face*. Will he have another 20pt outing again this season? Probably not. But when his shot is on, I can see why Kidd wants him in the starting lineup.

Honorable mention to Powell, who is literally perfect as this 3rd string center. He is feasting and beasting. 4 BLOCKS?? POWELL????? You just got to love it.

If only Bally had actually been working so I could have seen all this...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jmaciscool's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
From grunt to goat. I'll give a man his due. That's why I'm giving my Dirkie to DJJ...

Much better game from everybody this time. However...the spacing looks wonky--quite a bit of the time.
Like Reply
I'll go DJJ. If he can shoot like that all of the time I don't mind him as a starter.

(I liked the signing, I just didn't expect that Kidd would use him to mess with Green's minutes, with Kyrie out it made some sense, though starting him next to Lively is way more viable if he shoots like this)

Luka dropping a 35-12-12 would've been it if he wasn't only now 6 games from passing LeBron James for 3rd place all time in 30 point triple doubles. DJJ hitting 4 threes and dropping 20+ points is more surprising than Luka dropping another 30 point triple double masterpiece
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrGoat's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
Luka deserves it almost every game but it would be boring to give it to him all the time. I voted for DJJ to recognize his amazing and improbable game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MFFL's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
I looked back thru the game logs and the last time that DJJ scored over 20 points was the final game in March of 2020 right before Covid shut everything down
Like Reply