Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dame Trade: Dame to MIL| Holiday+Ayton+1sts to POR| Nurkic, Allen, Little to PHX
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/3850...-team-deal
Like Reply
Seems like there's some different reporting out there. Some say it's a 3-team and it's done, others say the teams are still looking for a fourth to take Holiday.
Like Reply
Needless to sax Jrue would be great fit next to Luka and Kyrie
Like Reply
If Portland wanted an older vet, Siakam was the better option.
Like Reply
Early reports are saying, they will move Jrue. I doubt they could get both Siakam and Ayton
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/LegionHoops/status/1...2733369370
Bucks receive:
Damian Lillard

Blazers receive:
Jrue Holiday
Deandre Ayton
Toumani Camara,
2029 1st-round pick
2 pick swaps.

Suns receive:
Jusuf Nurkic
Grayson Allen
Nassir Little
Keon Johnson

WOW!

@wojespn
The Blazers remain engaged elsewhere on deals and will are expected to immediately engage contending teams on trade talks to move on Jrue Holiday, sources tell ESPN. Portland is committed to its young group of talented guards.
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

2029 unprotected MIL 1st, and unprotected MIL swap rights in 2028 and 2030 to Blazers
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(09-27-2023, 03:50 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/LegionHoops/status/1...2733369370
Bucks receive:
Damian Lillard

Blazers receive:
Jrue Holiday
Deandre Ayton
Toumani Camara,
2029 1st-round pick
2 pick swaps.

Suns receive:
Jusuf Nurkic
Grayson Allen
Nassir Little
Keon Johnson

WOW!

@wojespn
The Blazers remain engaged elsewhere on deals and will are expected to immediately engage contending teams on trade talks to move on Jrue Holiday, sources tell ESPN. Portland is committed to its young group of talented guards.
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

2029 unprotected MIL 1st, and unprotected MIL swap rights in 2028 and 2030 to Blazers

Suns didn't do too badly. Unloaded Ayton and actually received back a couple of marginally serviceable players.  Will they need to cut a couple of players to stay under 15?
Like Reply
Given the option (Kyrie cannot be traded right now). Am I the only one that would pick Jrue over Kyrie? More reliable. One of the best defenders in the league. Bigger and more versatile. But obviously not even close as a shooter and shot creator.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
Jrue is owed 36M+ this upcoming season and has a player option for 39M+ the next season. I'd love to land him at the right trade price because it sounds like the Blazers are going to shop him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrGoat's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(09-27-2023, 04:06 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Suns didn't do too badly. Unloaded Ayton and actually received back a couple of marginally serviceable players.  Will they need to cut a couple of players to stay under 15?

Marginally serviceable? Suns did very well. They now got added bench depth. The guys they got can play. Nasir Little, Greyson Allen started for the Bucks, Keon Johnson and Nurk to add to Eric Gordon, Bol-Bol, Lee, and Eubanks.
Like Reply
I'm dumb
Like Reply
(09-27-2023, 07:15 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Marginally serviceable? Suns did very well. They now got added bench depth. The guys they got can play. Nasir Little, Greyson Allen started for the Bucks, Keon Johnson and Nurk to add to Eric Gordon, Bol-Bol, Lee, and Eubanks.

I think the Suns had a good offseason and seem poised to be one of the top 6 or so lead contenders.   I am just not sure if this trade is a win for them.   Maybe I still have hope that Ayton can be a good defensive/offensive center.  It probably wasn't going to happen in PHX.  He didn't want to be a third option last year.   He wasn't going to be happy being a 4th option this year.   I am just not sure Nurkic is the answer.   Nurkic is a guy who I have thought was pretty solid in the past.   The last few years, he hasn't been.   I just picture Dallas playing him off the floor if they met in the playoffs.   Grayson is solid, but not sure I trust him for the playoffs.   Little is intriguing, but really hasn't done it yet.   They also have a difficult balance fitting in their glue guys.  A lot guys who either expect to play or have short contracts and think they need to play.   It has worked out for a lot of teams, for others it hasn't.  

So, I think the positive thought of Vogel getting buy in from Ayton is better than this package.  But maybe they thought that was never going to happen and wanted to sell when his value was still solid.  We will see.
Like Reply
Who is the Bucks backup PG? Is that Cam Payne Music? Jake Fisher says he could be an option.
Like Reply
(09-27-2023, 07:28 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I think the Suns had a good offseason and seem poised to be one of the top 6 or so lead contenders.   I am just not sure if this trade is a win for them.   Maybe I still have hope that Ayton can be a good defensive/offensive center.  It probably wasn't going to happen in PHX.  He didn't want to be a third option last year.   He wasn't going to be happy being a 4th option this year.   I am just not sure Nurkic is the answer.   Nurkic is a guy who I have thought was pretty solid in the past.   The last few years, he hasn't been.   I just picture Dallas playing him off the floor if they met in the playoffs.   Grayson is solid, but not sure I trust him for the playoffs.   Little is intriguing, but really hasn't done it yet.   They also have a difficult balance fitting in their glue guys.  A lot guys who either expect to play or have short contracts and think they need to play.   It has worked out for a lot of teams, for others it hasn't.  

So, I think the positive thought of Vogel getting buy in from Ayton is better than this package.  But maybe they thought that was never going to happen and wanted to sell when his value was still solid.  We will see.

Fair enough. Health is a concern as well for Nurk and KD. But they flipped their whole team around if things fall in place. The West just got a lot tougher.
Like Reply
(09-27-2023, 07:39 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Fair enough. Health is a concern as well. But they flipped their whole team around if things fall in place. The West just got a lot tougher.

Yeah, they did more with the little they had that I expected.  They are going to be good regardless, if healthy.   It will be real interesting what that owner (and Isiah) do if they get off to a slow start.    

I really want to see them play though.   Really strong talent, just want to see how it fits together.
Like Reply
(09-27-2023, 02:30 PM)omahen Wrote: Needless to sax Jrue would be great fit next to Luka and Kyrie

(09-27-2023, 05:25 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Given the option (Kyrie cannot be traded right now). Am I the only one that would pick Jrue over Kyrie? More reliable. One of the best defenders in the league. Bigger and more versatile. But obviously not even close as a shooter and shot creator.

I'm honestly on board for a Jrue addition. Despite his quirky fit next to Luka and Kyrie, his defense and offensive creation makes him an obvious choice. Also gives you Kyrie insurance of course.

I will say though what do you guys think is worth giving up for Jrue? Especially since he doesn't solve any of the center problems the Mavs have and will probably clean the cupboard of assets.

THJ+Holmes+Green plus the 2027 FRP?

Starting lineup is:
Kyrie
Jrue
OMax
Luka
Powell

I will say after writing it out, I think a move like that just exacerbates the Mavs current unbalanced roster.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • IamDougieFresh, mvossman
Like Reply
(09-28-2023, 12:00 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I'm honestly on board for a Jrue addition. Despite his quirky fit next to Luka and Kyrie, his defense and offensive creation makes him an obvious choice. Also gives you Kyrie insurance of course.

I will say though what do you guys think is worth giving up for Jrue? Especially since he doesn't solve any of the center problems the Mavs have and will probably clean the cupboard of assets.

Starting lineup is:
Kyrie
Jrue
OMax
Luka
Powell

I will say after writing it out, I think a move like that just exacerbates the Mavs current unbalanced roster.

I just dropped a long ass post about this exact trade in the trade thread. Also, I liked your post despite the sickening look of Dwight's name in the starting lineup.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(09-28-2023, 12:00 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I'm honestly on board for a Jrue addition. Despite his quirky fit next to Luka and Kyrie, his defense and offensive creation makes him an obvious choice. Also gives you Kyrie insurance of course.

Starting lineup is:
Kyrie
Jrue
OMax
Luka
Powell

I think that would be the minimum for JRue. Perhaps throw in a pick swap. However, I don't think OMax has any chance to be in front of GW in the starting line-up.
Like Reply
Good to see that he didn’t get traded to Miami. That’s all that matters to me.
[-] The following 2 users Like JamesConway912's post:
  • ItsGoTime, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
Are the Celtics one of the winners of the Dame trade? With Miami missing out, it really feels like a two team race in the East. Miami can never be discounted and Philly still has the talent to compete for a title, but it sorts out the playing field. In addition, while Milwaukee is formidable and maybe better, they have less wing defense talent to match up against Tatum and Brown.

It seems like Jrue will have a lot of suitors. I hear the Celtics while interested, probably isn't likely. From what I understand they would have to include Brogdon (they seem fine with that) and either Robert Williams or Al Horford. Plus a pick or two. That seems like a lot. But if it was Williams, would you have an interest in him? Any idea what his value is?
Like Reply