Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2024 Playoffs- 2nd Round: Oklahoma City Thunder - Dallas Mavericks
Did anyone see the Nuggets coach completely change the way their game was being officiated last night by walking on the court and getting an immediate technical. 3 charges in a row were called on the TWolves right after. I really wish Kidd had that in him for his team.
[-] The following 4 users Like BigDirk41's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin, nicholasthefan, rocky164, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(05-15-2024, 06:54 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Did anyone see the Nuggets coach completely change the way their game was being officiated last night by walking on the court and getting an immediate technical. 3 charges in a row were called on the TWolves right after. I really wish Kidd had that in him for his team.

I wish that sometimes, too. To play Devil's advocate, it means more when it's a championship coach doing it. 

As maligned as Carlisle was around here, we took his rep for granted, I think. Kidd is still finding his way.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41, HoosierDaddyKidd
Like Reply
(05-15-2024, 07:34 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I wish that sometimes, too. To play Devil's advocate, it means more when it's a championship coach doing it. 

As maligned as Carlisle was around here, we took his rep for granted, I think. Kidd is still finding his way.

I definitely agree on the championship coach comment. Hopefully Kidd gets there.
Like Reply
This is way more like it. Luka looked normal tonight. One more win, and the sky is the limit. I think the team will start to play free with no weight of expectations.
Like Reply
@_abigaiiiil
Prior to Game 5 it was reported that Luka Doncic has been enduring pain beyond comprehension.

“If this were the regular season Luka would’ve been shut down for a least 2 weeks. Luka has been getting 2-3 hours of intense therapy daily.”

- Right knee sprain
- Left knee soreness
- Back soreness
- Left achilles soreness (for 4 months)

Say what you want about him. But he is giving this Playoff run everything he physically can. And I love him for that. No matter what.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 4 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, fifteenth, RGP1981, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(Yesterday, 02:24 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: @_abigaiiiil
Prior to Game 5 it was reported that Luka Doncic has been enduring pain beyond comprehension.

“If this were the regular season Luka would’ve been shut down for a least 2 weeks. Luka has been getting 2-3 hours of intense therapy daily.”

- Right knee sprain
- Left knee soreness
- Back soreness
- Left achilles soreness (for 4 months)

Say what you want about him. But he is giving this Playoff run everything he physically can. And I love him for that. No matter what.

I wonder if this experience will alter his mindset regarding playing during the offseason.
[-] The following 2 users Like mvossman's post:
  • BigDirk41, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(Yesterday, 09:43 AM)mvossman Wrote: I wonder if this experience will alter his mindset regarding playing during the offseason.

Hopefully no more offseason play, drop a little more weight, and his new, better team allows him to play closer to the 30 min per night than 40 per night during the regular season.
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 2 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • BigDirk41, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
(05-15-2024, 06:19 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: If I remember it correctly Daigneault was complaining about screens. Wasn't happy with the lack of contact and the inabilty to create space for their ballhandlers.

I really think it’s past time they call Dort for a flipping tech when he dives on the ground after our “moving screen.” It’s patently absurd and frankly should be beneath him. He’s a good player without the theatrics. At least they have stopped blowing the whistle every time SGA crumples. The one against Luka should’ve been overturned last night notwithstanding (should’ve been overturned.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • ballsrchr
Like Reply
(Yesterday, 11:07 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Hopefully no more offseason play, drop a little more weight, and his new, better team allows him to play closer to the 30 min per night than 40 per night during the regular season.

Add another dependable scorer (Simons, Sexton, Hardy(?) this offseason to this list and it would be a dream offseason.
Like Reply
@StepBackPascal
Shai’s stats when guarded by Luka Doncic this series (per http://nba.com/)

42 possessions
29.3% from the field
27.5% from three
3 turnovers

Luka has SGA on CLAMPS
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, Reunion Mav, RGP1981
Like Reply
[Image: yqmld2rwht0d1.jpeg?format=webp&width=1142&height=1514]
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft
Like Reply