Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 9.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
92.31%
12 92.31%
Pelicans
7.69%
1 7.69%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 22: NOP (6-17) @ DAL (16-6) | 130-84 win
I love blowing this team out all summer was telling everyone the Pelicans won't be any good and are not close to Mavs , most were saying both teams would win 40,. No way would pels win 40 with out one top 50 player in the league. Holiday is so overated.
Like Reply
(12-07-2019, 04:22 PM)bartlettbear Wrote: I love blowing this team out all summer was telling everyone the Pelicans won't be any good and are not close to Mavs , most were saying both teams would win 40,. No way would pels win 40 with out one top 50 player in the league. Holiday is so overated.
I was saying the same thing. They were a hype machine. Even with Zion I just don't think they will be very good. I'm not very high on him.
Like Reply
When he realizes he's not getting another triple double because his bench can handle NOLA starters

https://imgur.com/a/86RzHVV
Like Reply
(12-07-2019, 04:22 PM)bartlettbear Wrote: I love blowing this team out all summer was telling everyone the Pelicans won't be any good and are not close to Mavs , most were saying both teams would win 40,. No way would pels win 40 with out one top 50 player in the league. Holiday is so overated.

Zion is a gamechanger for them. He is missing.
Like Reply
After a game like that one could say "doesn´t mean much", "was against unprepared opposition" etc. To me blowing out bad teams has always been a litmus test for true contenders and boy, I enjoy those games.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/_Andrew_Lopez/status...6346668033
Like Reply
(12-07-2019, 04:46 PM)Thukydides Wrote: After a game like that one could say "doesn´t mean much", "was against unprepared opposition" etc. To me blowing out bad teams has always been a litmus test for true contenders and boy, I enjoy those games.

They have reached a different level of blowing out though.

They blew them out while playing casually.
Like Reply
(12-07-2019, 04:34 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote:

Zion is a gamechanger for them. He is missing.

He can't shot and can't play D, he would grab so boards and put back but he would struggle against KP and Powell length.

Plus Zion is an injury waiting to happen he is fat, lazy and does not play hard a lot of the time.
Like Reply
(12-07-2019, 03:55 PM)JamesConway Wrote:
(12-07-2019, 03:50 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote:
(12-07-2019, 03:43 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:
(12-07-2019, 03:40 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Worst Gamethread of the Season Award

Early afternoon games suck.

It's great for us in Europe.
Last three weekends have been really Euro-friendly. The game in HOU, the one against the LAL and now this were all on Saturdays/Sundays at ~ 8-11pm over here.

I think there will be another one before Christmas, too, that starts around that time.
Glad our European fans get a more normal start time...

(12-07-2019, 02:39 PM)Hypermav Wrote: I hope they don't let NO hang around.  Just put them away before they think they have a chance.  Easier on my heart as well Smile
https://media.giphy.com/media/bKnEnd65zqxfq/giphy.gif
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(12-07-2019, 04:53 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote:
(12-07-2019, 04:46 PM)Thukydides Wrote: After a game like that one could say "doesn´t mean much", "was against unprepared opposition" etc. To me blowing out bad teams has always been a litmus test for true contenders and boy, I enjoy those games.

SPM, you are salty today!  haha.

But really, this is life in the NBA.  You have the best teams that trounce the bad teams, but then, you get the REAL payoff that comes with competitive matchups that actually mean something when the best teams in the league get together.  Its all good.  Next week's lineup of games will not be boring and will really show us what we are.  

I will echo what was said before - no issues with blowing out the guys lower in the standings... especially on a B2B.  That is load management done right.
Like Reply
(12-07-2019, 05:33 PM)Mavsfan12 Wrote:
(12-07-2019, 04:53 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote:

SPM, you are salty today!  haha.

But really, this is life in the NBA.  You have the best teams that trounce the bad teams, but then, you get the REAL payoff that comes with competitive matchups that actually mean something when the best teams in the league get together.  Its all good.  Next week's lineup of games will not be boring and will really show us what we are.  

I will echo what was said before - no issues with blowing out the guys lower in the standings... especially on a B2B.  That is load management done right.

I'm looking forward to the bucks games.
Like Reply
https://streamable.com/6jyw9
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
16-6!!

We just keep winning I love it.
Like Reply
Alvin Gentry is a bum. I have been saying this for a long time. They play literally no defense. It´s just five guys on the floor at the same time, who run back into their own half, because that´s kinda what you are supposed to do.
Like Reply
(12-08-2019, 04:02 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Alvin Gentry is a bum. I have been saying this for a long time. They play literally no defense. It´s just five guys on the floor at the same time, who run back into their own half, because that´s kinda what you are supposed to do.

It is the roster make up Reddick is perhaps the worse defensive player in the league, Ingram , Favors, Oakafur, are all below avg defenders. Hayes night be good in the future but is so raw.
 Ball is good but can't stay in front of quicker PG.  
And Jrue is just over rated in all aspects. 
Then wait until Zion comes back he can't guard Luke Maybe let alone an NBA player and he will jog back on D after he flys into the stand leaving his feet to block a jump shot.

David Griffin overrated
Like Reply
(12-07-2019, 04:17 PM)Hypermav Wrote: I still have the bitterness from the Knick losses ...

I tell myself they either:
- agreed to those losses as part of the Porzinigis trade or
- lost to screw up the Knicks tank and try boost the GSW 2nd rounder
Angel
Like Reply