Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 80: CHI (38-42) vs DAL (38-42)
https://twitter.com/mavspr/status/164437...74497?s=46&t=whLvje1nnUIC2GVBVD1v8w
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
[Image: 1fey5c.jpg]
Go Tank Go!
Like Reply
Must win game.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
Going to see if Luka+Scrubbiest of Scrubs is enough to beat a tanking NBA team.

My bet is yes.

I hope they sit him.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Now they decide to tank? I'm guessing Luka is suiting up since it will be 'I Feel Slovenia' night. Maybe he plays the 1Q and then sits?
Like Reply
Before the season there was one spot you did not want to end up in, outside of the play-in and outside of the top 10 lottery odds. Turns out there is ONE spot where this outcome can become a reality and the window to land in that spot was 0.5 games, so virtually impossible to achieve, if you do not want to be in that spot, but the Mavs somehow will manage to do it.

They are not losing this game tonight, cause the Bulls ACTUALLY WANT TO LOSE. Here is the crazy part. It barely matters to the Bulls. The odds for 10th or 11th to get a top 4 are absolutely identical, so the reason the Bulls tank this game is to avoid a potential coin flip with the Thunder for 12th. So the Bulls tank this game for the following to happen:

OKC loses their last game.
Bulls tie with OKC.
Bulls toss a coin for 11th/12th odds.
Bulls lose toss.
Their top 4 chances decrease by 4%.

I´m too lazy to calculate it all, but I´d say the outcome of this game changes the overall probability of them keeping their pick by less than 1%. And they still do it. Our chances change from 76,5% keeping the pick to 10,6%.
Like Reply
[Image: 28616761_2129185187109994_79726774798352...e=6457BED8]
Like Reply
I will watch this game with great interest...and confusion...
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/mavsfilmroom/status/...06401?s=46&t=JCZO73vrym-K0Hu3J5z54Q
Like Reply
What a nightmare, man. We're gonna miss the playoffs and probably miss out on a draft pick. 

We just keep embarrassing ourselves with sitting guys out tonight and Luka is definitely not on board with it.
Like Reply
Over/under 25 shots by Hardy tonight?
Like Reply
(04-07-2023, 12:20 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Before the season there was one spot you did not want to end up in, outside of the play-in and outside of the top 10 lottery odds. Turns out there is ONE spot where this outcome can become a reality and the window to land in that spot was 0.5 games, so virtually impossible to achieve, if you do not want to be in that spot, but the Mavs somehow will manage to do it.

They are not losing this game tonight, cause the Bulls ACTUALLY WANT TO LOSE. Here is the crazy part. It barely matters to the Bulls. The odds for 10th or 11th to get a top 4 are absolutely identical, so the reason the Bulls tank this game is to avoid a potential coin flip with the Thunder for 12th. So the Bulls tank this game for the following to happen:

OKC loses their last game.
Bulls tie with OKC.
Bulls toss a coin for 11th/12th odds.
Bulls lose toss.
Their top 4 chances decrease by 4%.

I´m too lazy to calculate it all, but I´d say the outcome of this game changes the overall probability of them keeping their pick by less than 1%. And they still do it. Our chances change from 76,5% keeping the pick to 10,6%.

The odds are not identical - they are only the same if two teams end up with the same record. In this case for example the 10th and 11th place odds become the same, with the odds being worse than a „normal“ 10th place and better than a „normal“ 11th place would be. The only thing that gets drawn in the tiebreaker is the ranking for the draft order, not the lottery odds. That’s risky for us because it enhances the risk of us losing our pick because we fall out of the top 10. 
For the Bulls it‘s just changing the probabilities of winning a Top 4 pick, which is improbable anyways for a 10th or 11th or 12th ranked team, so we have much more to lose. In addition the Bulls are in the play-ins - if they succeed and qualify for the playoffs they lose their place in the lottery anyways, no matter their record. 

You can check the probabilities here - on the bottom of the page is a second chart with the pure odds without teams with identical records:

https://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds
Like Reply
The entire organization isn't even trying to pretend tonight...Kidd admitted it and the broadcast seems to be waving the white flag too. No mention of them still being alive in the play-in race  Big Grin I wonder how Adam Silver will react
Like Reply
Good timeout by Kidd. We were losing comfortably, so he called TO to get us back in the game. Immediate 0-7 run to tie the game.

LMAO Jae Crowder and Goran Dragic will beat the Grizzlies, then they´ll be forced to win the last game against the Thunder. We are back baby. Big Grin
Like Reply
Of course Joel will go full Mejri with nothing to play for and Bertans will hit five threes.

Also like to point out that Goga gets his first start for the Magic tonight, he´s on 10 pts and 13 rebs in 20 minutes. LOL.
Like Reply
You can´t make this sh*t up. Bertans and McGee as the Splash Bums going to cost us a top 10 pick after being useless for the whole year.
Like Reply
Funny af lolololll Bertans made a 3 and got subbed real quick. He chose a wrong time to shoot well
Like Reply
(04-07-2023, 08:11 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: You can´t make this sh*t up. Bertans and McGee as the Splash Bums going to cost us a top 10 pick after being useless for the whole year.

Can’t bring myself to watch this clown show - Markieff Morris of all people seems to be hitting everything…?

And Hardy hits from half court, why not… This franchise is cursed.
Like Reply
I HATE THIS TEAM.
Like Reply
(04-07-2023, 08:31 PM)Knutsen Wrote: Can’t bring myself to watch this clown show - Markieff Morris of all people seems to be hitting everything…?

Hardy just hit a halfcourt shot at the end of the half. Big Grin Big Grin 

Just the Mavs way.
Like Reply