Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 79: DAL (37-42) vs. ATL (39-39)| 130-132 loss
(04-02-2023, 07:51 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Would like a better look than a fadeway contested three.   1.8 seconds should be able to get two dribbles going to the rim.   Oh well.

Agree would have gone for the 2 points here .Wear Hawks down, for another round of OT.
Like Reply
(04-02-2023, 07:52 PM)burekemde Wrote: This should be a blueprint for the rest of season. Play McGee and Wood. Finally we played some real D, protected the rim and contested just about every shot. This game is on Kidd for not doing this earlier!

Yeah I'm so confused why we haven't gone 2 bigs all season 
Sure it's exploitable in the playoffs but it's all we had in the regular season and it would have won us a ton more games
Like Reply
(04-02-2023, 07:55 PM)Jym Wrote: Yeah I'm so confused why we haven't gone 2 bigs all season 
Sure it's exploitable in the playoffs but it's all we had in the regular season and it would have won us a ton more games

There was not a single layup after Mcgee and Wood played. Looking just past games our paint was a pure walk for opponents and i can recall something like hundreds of easy layups. Powell just cant rim protect, and it turns out that Maxi is just not the same rim protector as he used to be. That combined has made our D beyond awfull.

It was just terrific to watch a real Center, that rim protects, along with a PF that also rim protects. And on offense they are the center and PF as well, with the Center able to hold his own inside for dunks and the PF can shoot.

Absolutely traditional old school, but proven to work, and a ton more fun and efficient than the horrible basketball we have been playing with Powell and Maxi.

Not to mention that I think its a great fit with Luka and Kyrie to have two real bigs along. They can focus on containing the perimeter, and Wood and Mcgee can hold the paint.

We were just a much much tougher team, complete transformation.

Usually I would be devastated by the loss like this, but we won something, its Kidd realizing what needs to happen from now on.
Like Reply
(04-02-2023, 07:53 PM)burekemde Wrote: Agree would have gone for the 2 points here .Wear Hawks down, for another round of OT.

Hard to wear an opponent down on the second night of a back to back.
Like Reply
(04-02-2023, 07:50 PM)Jym Wrote: I'm glad I'm mentally checked out enough to just laugh at this travesty of a season

This is where I am at as well and I have mostly accepted this is a lost season, but a small part of me still wants them to squeeze into the playoffs no matter how improbable it will be - will be a bummer watching the playoffs without the Mavs.
Like Reply
Nice try, Mcgee.
Like Reply
(04-02-2023, 07:52 PM)burekemde Wrote: This should be a blueprint for the rest of season. Play McGee and Wood. Finally we played some real D, protected the rim and contested just about every shot. This game is on Kidd for not doing this earlier!

I'm not defending Kidd by any stretch.  But McGee has been inconsistent. That's the reason he he has been nailed to the bench. He played pretty good the last couple of games. But there were times he played and didn't give them nothing. It might be too little, too late.
Like Reply
(04-03-2023, 12:11 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: I'm not defending Kidd by any stretch.  But McGee has been inconsistent. That's the reason he he has been nailed to the bench. He played pretty good the last couple of games. But there were times he played and didn't give them nothing. It might be too little, too late.

I wanted McGee, just on a one year minimum deal.  I don't think he should have ever been promised a starting role.  His play has been all over the place, mostly down. It's been a disastrous signing.  His effort in games after being benched has been suspect.  That said, I don't think he was ever given a fair shake.  That started as early as training camp with our star calling him "Joel" and then an overly quick trigger pull to nail him to the bench for most of the season.  Beyond some loafs in blowout games, I do think he's carried himself well and been a good teammate, especially to Hardy.
Like Reply
They also lost the game at the FT line. They make them, they win. Real simple.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • rocky164
Like Reply
https://clutchpoints.com/mavs-news-luka-...ial-battle
Like Reply
-20 in 7 minutes for Maxi was the reason for the loss. Not sure if Maxi will ever be a positive contributor again. I hope the Mavs are able to trade him as soon as possible.
Like Reply
It's not looking good for Maxi but he did just come off a hamstring tear.

Still think if Maxi and Powell are your backup 4/5, you're ok.  No one is giving you anything in a trade for him.
Like Reply
Still loving that Maxi extension?
Like Reply
(04-02-2023, 07:27 PM)loki Wrote: Good god what is happening?

I have no clue. This team looks broken. It's incredibly hard to watch them.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Back to 2 bigs actually on the court together and shutting down the lay up line, I want to point out that in the last 10 minutes of play, this combo resulted in Luka facing 6 one on one defense situations on the perimeter mostly against Trey Young. With big guys on the floor he got stops 5 of the 6 times. This was at the end of a back to back game including overtime. These were very important stops against guys few would’ve expected Luka to stop. This happened because there was no Bullock etc on the floor to take them. Green was guarding other Hawks scorers. 
What I observed hopefully will be helpful to our roster building and coaching personnel.
Like Reply
maxi made a game winning 3 against the lakers. he is a main reason we are in such an embarrassing position now. we would've almost bagged a top 10 pick by now had we lost one more game.
Like Reply