Poll: Who Gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
THJ (+10, 24 pts, 4 rbd, 4 ast, 5-8 from 3)
6.67%
1 6.67%
Kyrie (+8, 31 pts, 4 rbd, 8 ast, 2 stl, 19 4th quarter pts)
80.00%
12 80.00%
Luka (+12, 29 pts, 10 rbd, 6 ast)
6.67%
1 6.67%
Josh Green (-1, 10 pts, 9 rbd, 1 ast)
0%
0 0%
CWood (-5, 14 pts, 2 rbd, 1stl, 3 blks)
6.67%
1 6.67%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 79 DIRKIE
[Image: FtASbdYWYAA6bPf?format=jpg&name=large]

Most depressing Dirkie for Team Tank!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Kyrie's 4th quarter was impressive.  THJ was pretty hot most of the game.  Wood trying and failing to post up Fox was hilarious.
Like Reply
There was a time I would never have accepted a tank.  In competition I never gave up.  This led to many wins, or high places I wouldn't have accomplished otherwise.  But...the Mavs were in position to "win" by tanking.  I could be wrong.  Maybe to win was the right decision.  They damn sure worked for it.  So did Sacramento.

So now, with mixed feelings, I will choose who has earned my Dirkie for this win "win".

THJ must have been inspired by his father's words about the Mavs.  He played pretty good--the old iron pyrite flashed brightly tonight.

Kyrie played loose and free.  No matter what...he will win in the off season.

Luka is running on fumes, but he does not give up.  That's a good thing--most of the time.  He still has a lot to learn, and his best years are still in front of him.

As I look at the rest of the bench I can count at least 9 players we need to use as trade bait.  Yeah, I know, this is a hell of a thought process getting down to who earned the Dirkie for a win.

I thought about giving it to THJ--but no--he's still fool's gold.  My Dirkie goes to Kyrie.  I guess the world really is flat...like a basketball court.
Like Reply
All they did was just starved off elimination for another game. Even though they're tied with OKC, OKC owns the tie-breaker. So Dallas has to run the table, and OKC has to lose out for them to get in. If they both split their last two games, OKC still gets in. OKC has Utah and Memphis, and Dallas has Chicago and SA.  I believe that's correct, correct me if I'm wrong.
Like Reply
(04-06-2023, 04:29 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: So Dallas has to run the table, and OKC has to lose out for them to get in.

OKC needs to lose only one, if Mavs win both
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
(04-06-2023, 04:51 AM)omahen Wrote: OKC needs to lose only one, if Mavs win both

Gotcha.
Like Reply
https://giphy.com/gifs/this-is-fine-dump...QqCUaq434T
[-] The following 1 user Likes JamesConway912's post:
  • LifeAquatic
Like Reply
My vote is for Powell. 2 points and 4 fouls in 12 minutes. He tried hard to save the Mavs future.
Like Reply
I need to vote for the Knicks.  Can't find them listed.
Like Reply
Cuban gets it for raising his douchebag game

.[Image: d92020e5700657f1d3251342c7805f75.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes LifeAquatic's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
There was no game thread but I have to mention that Luka's defense was pretty good yesterday and also late in the game against Atlanta. He is still a 6'7" body with a long wingspan, if he's giving effort and can contest shots, he can be a decent defender. Now it's just about his conditioning and not being relied on offense as much so he can have some energy for the defensive side.
Like Reply