Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Seth (+32, 19 pts, 4 rbds, 5/7 threes)
45.00%
18 45.00%
Luka (+16, 33 pts, 5 asts, 18 rbds)
42.50%
17 42.50%
Maxi (+19, 12 pts, 4 rbds)
2.50%
1 2.50%
JJB (+2, 8 pts, 6 asts, 11 mins)
10.00%
4 10.00%
DFS (+22, 7 pts, 3 rbds, 37 mins)
0%
0 0%
Total 40 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 20 DIRKIE: Winner Seth (45%) & Runner-ups Luka (42%) & JJB (10%)
Brick 
Who was the "player of the game" who elevated their game above normal to help get the team the win?
Like Reply
Despite Seth mostly scored when Pels already gave up, I give it to him. Great to see a win playing with half strength
Like Reply
Easy choice for me. In the first half Luka carried a struggling Mavs team. Without him the Mavs are down 15. Rest of the team woke up in the 2nd half but that´s not enough for a Dirkie.
Like Reply
Seth gets it for me.

Luka can't have it every game unless he hits the game-winner.
Like Reply
Luka for sure. He was the only person the Pels couldn't stop. Curry got a majority of his points during garbage time. It was garbage time because of Luka.

Also, Kristaps might've had a poor offensive night, but he had 5 blocks this game and altered plenty of attempts around the rim. His defensive presence is almost as impactful as Luka is on offense. 

It's mind boggling how good this team can be. Kristaps isn't even a tenth of his offensive potential yet. Imagine what happens if he just starts making his open shots.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Luka for sure with a career high 18 rebounds with 33 points and 5 assists. Seth played well but not even close to Luka's impact.
Like Reply
Gave it to Seth just for some variety, but in reality Luka could win the Dirkie every game.
Like Reply
18 rebounds???
Like Reply
Gave it to Maxi, mostly because most of Seth's production came after the game was in hand.

Luka deserves it, but then he deserves it almost every game. Kind of defeats the purpose of giving an award.
Like Reply
"who elevated their game above normal to help get the team the win". 

Though it was great to Seth play well, and I often like to recognize guys who have risen up over Luka, who does do exceptionally every night, tonight I give my vote to Luka. 

Elevated their game: Tonight, others were not hitting shots off of Luka's potential assists, so Luka adjusts superbly and simply does it himself in the first half. In addition, he had a career high in rebounds. 

To help the team get the win: Tonight, Luka was indeed more important in the win than usual precisely because, no one else did a whole lot win the game was being won. 

Yes, Luka could win every night and yes, that is not the point of the Dirkie. But tonight, Luka did the elevating above even his norm at all the important game winning times. Tonight, the Dirkie belongs to Luka.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
I haven't voted for Luka many times this year, but he was really the only thing going when the game was in the balance - he has a big triple double if the rest of the team makes shots.  Another time that he simply put the team on his back and carried them to a win.  It was a win because Luka refused to lose when very little was clicking.  It was a blowout because of the bench 3pt shooting.  Also, after a terrible start, THJ played a solid game.  The opposite for KP - an awesome start, and then he was terrible (again, on offense - his Defense is pretty dang consistent.)

I guess you can say that it was the team's way of saying thank you to Luka for his efforts by giving him an early night off.  Nice job guys!
Like Reply
Seth for the Dirkie!

Takes away Seth's points and we win by 2 so he definitely raised his game above expectations.

Luka did what we expected except instead of another 5 assists he got rebounds instead. Would love to see him have games like there where he gets to play another 10-12 minutes and see what his stats end at. He would have probably been at 45 points 23 rebounds and 8 assists. That would have been disgusting! Lol the kid is a monster!
Like Reply
Dodo needs to be an option
Like Reply
(12-04-2019, 02:54 AM)balldontliez Wrote: JJB sealed the deal
Barea once again was called by the Coach to show the team how to play winning ball and get us out of a bad start to the game...once again he delivered big time...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
I don't vote Luka most of the time, but 18 reb in 28 mins is pretty amazing!
Like Reply
I voted for JJB. Dude has a heart of a champ. The way he went into the game and injected life into the team was the turning point for me. Each time his # has been called he has responded. Good model for the rest of the bench guys to see how to handle their business.
Like Reply
"Who elevated their game above normal to help the team WIN?"

Ummm hello Luka Doncic had a double double (13 and 10) in the third quarter alone. No body else scored in double digits by that time either. He realized no body else was going to get buckets so he took it upon himself to go scorer mode. 

But the guy leading the poll was barely noticeable in the first 3Q and got the majority of his points in garbage time? 

Might be time to retire the DIRKIE if people are getting Luka fatigue. It's no longer about greatness or the unsung hero; it's become the participation award. Rename it the Dominique Jones Plaque of Excellence.
Like Reply
Fuerza loves him some Seth Curry :-)
Like Reply
(12-04-2019, 03:44 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Fuerza loves him some Seth Curry :-)

I think he is actually pushing for Luka
Like Reply
(12-04-2019, 03:47 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: I think he is actually pushing for Luka

I forgot to you use my "just joking" font
Like Reply