Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lakers-Centric Media Robs WAB of Postgame Victory Euphoria
Postgame YouTube videos of Lakers-Mavs did not bring the customary joy.  "What's wrong as Mavs defeat Lakers 114-100 Asks James Worthy?"  "Lakers Snap 10 Game Streak," not "Mavs Snap Lakers 10 Game Streak."  Interviews with AD, LBJ, even newly activated Kuzma and  bald Caruso asking "what went wrong?"

It's no fun living in a purple and gold world despite the thoughtful Dirk tribute.  Yes, I'm insecure.
Like Reply
Post more WAB!

I'm with you on this btw. I watched the "Full Highlights" on YouTube and was amazed at the small percentage of Mavs plays shown for a Mavs win in a 9 min long video.
Like Reply
(12-02-2019, 10:25 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Post more WAB!

I'm with you on this btw. I watched the "Full Highlights" on YouTube and was amazed at the small percentage of Mavs plays shown for a Mavs win in a 9 min long video.

Yes. That was on the tip of my typing fingers; animated descriptions of Lakers successes with the scoreboard showing the Mavs also scored on their possession. . . . and I thought "House of Highlights" was team neutral!
Like Reply
(12-02-2019, 10:34 AM)WildArkieBoy75 Wrote: Yes. That was on the tip of my typing fingers; animated descriptions of Lakers successes with the scoreboard showing the Mavs also scored on their possession. . . . and I thought "House of Highlights" was team neutral!

Right! And I was excited to see the 2nd quarter charge by Delon and the bench unit...which was depicted by one highlight.
Like Reply
(12-02-2019, 10:18 AM)WildArkieBoy75 Wrote: Postgame YouTube videos of Lakers-Mavs did not bring the customary joy.  "What's wrong as Mavs defeat Lakers 114-100 Asks James Worthy?"  "Lakers Snap 10 Game Streak," not "Mavs Snap Lakers 10 Game Streak."  Interviews with AD, LBJ, even newly activated Kuzma and  bald Caruso asking "what went wrong?"

It's no fun living in a purple and gold world despite the thoughtful Dirk tribute.  Yes, I'm insecure.
Don't let some random media guys take away your euphoria, WAB. Rejoice like nobody's judging you!
Like Reply
(12-02-2019, 10:18 AM)WildArkieBoy75 Wrote: Postgame YouTube videos of Lakers-Mavs did not bring the customary joy.  "What's wrong as Mavs defeat Lakers 114-100 Asks James Worthy?"  "Lakers Snap 10 Game Streak," not "Mavs Snap Lakers 10 Game Streak."  Interviews with AD, LBJ, even newly activated Kuzma and  bald Caruso asking "what went wrong?"

The Lakers are to NBA what the Cowboys are to NFL. When the Cowboys lose it's never about what the other team did right, discussion is always focused on what the Cowboys did wrong.
Like Reply
(12-02-2019, 11:08 AM)Sigma4Life Wrote:

The Lakers are to NBA what the Cowboys are to NFL. When the Cowboys lose it's never about what the other team did right, discussion is always focused on what the Cowboys did wrong.
I agree.  Laker fans are already plotting to steal Luka.
Like Reply
(12-02-2019, 01:31 PM)Hypermav Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 11:08 AM)Sigma4Life Wrote:

I agree.  Laker fans are already plotting to steal Luka.
The difference there is that Luka is already famous. He just wants to win. As KP rounds into shape they will get stouter. Then, I think a deal is coming at the trade deadline to add more to this team. This team with Luka and KP will win TITLES as in multiples. I see a Spurs with Duncan level run coming.
Like Reply
Well, media will always go for what's sensational.  Remember our 2011?  About 90% of the articles that followed were all about the Heat's and LeBron's failure.
Like Reply
The news market is driven by the size of the franchise market, nothing new...
Like Reply