Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 114, Lakers 100
(12-02-2019, 02:59 PM)Dundalis Wrote: That being they weren't willing to spend what it would take to bring in any of the other mid tier guys that were even willing to consider Dallas, having likely scoped out contract requirements. They obviously understand that the player/s they choose to spend money on, could lock them in a spot once Luka starts his second contract. So obviously who they decide to use that money on is an important decision.
Man, I'm not trying to be a stick in the mud here, but with the exception of Boban, every FA (and re-sign) they signed was a long term (beyond '21) contract. So I have a hard time believing this to be the case.

(12-02-2019, 02:59 PM)Dundalis Wrote: I don't think they were thinking that they need to get the last 1 or 2 pieces to try and finish the roster to contend ASAP. They are being more patient with it (which obviously as fans, we wanna put it all together right now).
I wasn't thinking getting 1 or 2 pieces put them into contention at the time either, I thought it would solidify their playoff berth/positioning. My point is getting better players is better or, filling in your starters before you get the bench mob up to snuff. If they had more solid starters right now with a lesser bench mob, I think next FA is so much easier to either find the fillers for the bench or decide who they got that doesn't fit and trade them out until they find the exact fit. That process was stymied IMO by a year cause they didn't get the starting quality guys in the roles needed. Of course, an in-season trade CAN change that and I hope it does, but as of now, to give Donnie credit for the work he did, I don't think is the right way to celebrate this win.

Also, to that point, I'm really sorry for derailing your after game report mavsluvr. I've said my peace, I'll not talk about this further unless it's in a more appropriate thread.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 114, Lakers 100 - by ItsGoTime - 12-02-2019, 07:53 PM