Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
KP (+12, 15 pts, 6 rbds)
2.17%
1 2.17%
DP (+5, 15 pts, 9 rbds)
10.87%
5 10.87%
Luka (+5, 27 pts, 10 asts, 9 rbds, 7 TOs, 3 stls)
4.35%
2 4.35%
Delon (+16, 17 pts, 9 asts, 5 rbds, 4 stls, 0 TOs)
82.61%
38 82.61%
Justin (+5, 15 pts)
0%
0 0%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 19 DIRKIE: Winner Delon (83%) & Runner-up DP (11%)
Brick 
Who was the "player of the game" that elevated their game above normal to help the team get the win?
Like Reply
Delon

Though I was tempted to throw a troll vote Rondo's way, that guy is such a cancer and he really deflated the Lakers when he was in

Also tempted to give it to Dirk himself. Maybe we should have him attend more road games
Like Reply
We gotta figure out how to give Wright a consistent 32 mpg
Like Reply
I have to vote for Dwight Powell today.  He was huge against the mighty Laker front line.  With how maligned he has been lately, coming out and posting a 15/9 with good D and picks to help the flow?  Let's hope this gets him going!  

Delon has been awesome lately.  I have been hoping to see him play more, and today we got a full dose of his game.  I vote Delon for the Dirkie in almost all other situations. 

Shout out to the entire bench who came in and played their butts off on D with amazing energy and shot making and really showed the starters how this game could be won.  Amazing team win!
Like Reply
I was going to vote Delon even before you went out of your way to show Luka's 7 turnovers and D Warps 0 lol. I see what you did there sir Wink
Like Reply
Delon. His best game in a Mavs jersey so far.
Honorable mention for Powell. He looked lost in the last few weeks but redeemed himself today. Hustled and scored in the paint like he did last season. That´s what we need from him the coming games.
Like Reply
Powell generally looks lost when playing man defense. Mavs played a lot of zone tonight which he excelled in.

Best play of the game:

https://streamable.com/gfla4
Like Reply
Delon but a great team win overall.  I'm sure Laker fans were like who are these kids???
Like Reply
1A) JJ/Powell- energy/offense/rebounds
1B) Delon/Maxi-energy/defense/intangibles 

Honorable Mention
Rick- not playing stupid guard lineups
Luka/KP/THJ- doin what they do even during rough stretches
Like Reply
I came away from the game saying I was going to give this one to Powell cause he did a lot of good today. He still gets pushed around pretty easy, but other than that, he had a game that I hope is built on. After seeing Delon's stats and then thinking back on the game, I had to give it to him. Great win, I'm really happy with the fight/scrappiness they all showed in this one. Here's to seeing more play like this in the future!
Like Reply
Wright...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
the Wright stuff
Like Reply
No vote from me this time.
To have every player in + it's a wet dream of any coach.
Like Reply
Wright and Jackson had great games. But I give it to Powell as his performance was the biggest difference from previous games.
Like Reply
(12-01-2019, 06:35 PM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: I have to vote for Dwight Powell today.
https://twitter.com/dmn_mavericks/status...1723249667
Like Reply
Great team win, but two guys elevated above the norm, IMO.

1A - Delon - has been solid most of the year, but this was his best game of the season. Defense, crafty moves around the basket, facilitating, and 50% from three. Hope to see more of this!

1B - DP - nice to finally see some signs of life from him. I hope he's been slow recovering from injury, and this is the guy we'll see most of the year. If it is, he's worth the extension. If not...
Like Reply
I gotta give it to Delon. His infectious energy injected life into a deflated team after the first quarter. He set the tone on the defensive end. On the offensive side he poked, prodded, and danced his way to the rim countless of times. He stepped up and knocked down several open 3 pointers as well which punished the Lakers. 

Dude was a monster every second he was on the floor.

Honorable mention to Justin Jackson. He brought the goods today on the offensive end and really gave the team much needed consistency from long range. He was apart of the first spark in the 2nd quarter that gave the Mavs the lead! Fantastic stuff.

3rd place is surprisingly Dwight Powell. Given his first 15 games, I never thought Powell would ever be in the running for a Dirkie. But tonight he FOUGHT. Especially in the 2nd half, Powell came out with an attitude. He battled for every single rebound. He boxed out. He challenged every shot he could. He ran after every loose ball. On any other night, he'd deserve it.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Rondo is funniest vote ever. But I’d give this one to the referees.

1. Yes, hitting Dwight Lite in the head is a foul. (Wish we had this crew every game.)

2. No, LeBrawn doesn’t earn charity shots for dropping the shoulder and plowing right through you.

3. Yes, AD earned his 6 free throws. Yes, 6. Not 16. Thank you.

4. That Caruso kid though—the one who looks like an old man?—call a damn foul on his ass, would ya??? That was some ridiculous shit.

Oh, and Delon was good too. Great game!
Like Reply