Poll: Who will win the game? (Lakers 6.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
36.36%
4 36.36%
Lakers
63.64%
7 63.64%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 19: DAL (13-6) @ LAL (17-3) | 114-100 win
Excellent game, especially on the defensive end. While Lakers were giving all the attention to Luka, a couple of guys stepped up as big boys and made the difference. Really happy to see Powell have a great game after all the hate he was getting.
Like Reply
(12-01-2019, 01:34 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Play well + neutral refs + bench Dwight = win

LMAO - we don't win this game without Dwight's contributions. This didn't age well.
Like Reply
I'm really tired of the statisticians cheating KP out of blocks.  He had a block on the FIRST play tonight, and look at the box score.  0 blocks...
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
Great fn win!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just finished watching the replay. Man oh man.. can't believe the mavs beat lebron/AD at Staples. Not an easy place to come out with a W.
Like Reply
(12-01-2019, 09:52 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: I'm really tired of the statisticians cheating KP out of blocks.  He had a block on the FIRST play tonight, and look at the box score.  0 blocks...

Even though I have KP on my fantasy team and totally agree with you here, I would much prefer seeing the refs call the game the same way on both sides of the court.  (At the same time - no getting off on a technicality where you start calling it the other way after half!  Big Grin Big Grin )

Mavs got called for so many ticky tack fouls around the basket, while the Lakers had some major contact not called - especially if you go back and look at BOTH games we have played against LAL. 

Seriously, go back and look at the first 5 min of this game and there are MANY calls that the refs got wrong or shouldn't have been called. The first foul called on DFS that ultimately led to him taking a seat early in the 1Q.  Powell got called for a foul when his head was perfectly still and in fundamental defensive position when AD pushed his head into his. Luka got hit going to the rim by LeBron and clearly shooting and they called it on the ground. McGee hits a loose ball out of bounds and the refs give it to LAL.  These weren't the ONLY reasons that the Mavs got off slowly, but the game is a lot closer if those calls get called correctly.  It was really bad officiating.
Like Reply
(12-01-2019, 06:37 PM)mtrot Wrote: Well, after this game and the recent game against the Clips, I think the Clips are much more formidable and tough to beat.

Clips are likely the champs this season, unless we figure out a way to beat them. Oh, and if they stay healthy.
Like Reply
(12-01-2019, 10:09 PM)Mavsfan12 Wrote:
(12-01-2019, 09:52 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: I'm really tired of the statisticians cheating KP out of blocks.  He had a block on the FIRST play tonight, and look at the box score.  0 blocks...

Even though I have KP on my fantasy team and totally agree with you here, I would much prefer seeing the refs call the game the same way on both sides of the court.  (At the same time - no getting off on a technicality where you start calling it the other way after half!  Big Grin Big Grin )

Mavs got called for so many ticky tack fouls around the basket, while the Lakers had some major contact not called - especially if you go back and look at BOTH games we have played against LAL. 

Seriously, go back and look at the first 5 min of this game and there are MANY calls that the refs got wrong or shouldn't have been called. The first foul called on DFS that ultimately led to him taking a seat early in the 1Q.  Powell got called for a foul when his head was perfectly still and in fundamental defensive position when AD pushed his head into his. Luka got hit going to the rim by LeBron and clearly shooting and they called it on the ground. McGee hits a loose ball out of bounds and the refs give it to LAL.  These weren't the ONLY reasons that the Mavs got off slowly, but the game is a lot closer if those calls get called correctly.  It was really bad officiating.

Thanks, but honestly, a statistician not registering blocks has absolutely nothing to do with the way the refs call the game.

I'm not talking about them calling all sorts of fouls on clean blocks, but on blocks that were clean blocks.  They could call it one-sided or both-sided and it has nothing to do with whether the statistician records a block or not.

Not trying to be snarky, but just trying to be clear.  And I agree, on the refereeing...I'll take it being called both ways, consistently, for sure.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
I know... I was just venting.  I know that they say that they are the best in the business... but man, it sure seems like we are on the short end when we play the lakers.  Refs/stats/and everything else.  It's not paranoid if the bias can be proven...
Like Reply
I just managed to watch the game AND wow, what a win.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Kevin McHale: Mavs are so long. When you have that size, you can....

From things we have not heard since 2011.
Like Reply
(12-01-2019, 11:14 PM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: I know... I was just venting.  I know that they say that they are the best in the business... but man, it sure seems like we are on the short end when we play the lakers.  Refs/stats/and everything else.  It's not paranoid if the bias can be proven...

That charge on Luka against Lebron was the worst call I´ve seen so far this year. Absolutely ridiculous and obviously favouring Lebron and his team. Very bad look for the league.
Like Reply