Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 55: DAL (29-26) @ UTA (27-28) | 124-111 WIN
(02-07-2023, 12:37 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I couldn't watch this game. I caught the last 7 minutes or so (game was tied when I started watching) at a bar with no sound after my rehearsal. It seemed like the team was playing much harder on defense than they have been recently. 

Those who watched, was your sense that it was about who was playing, or did the team seem invigorated by the shakeup?

Long story short, Green and Hardy are ready.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 2 users Like IamDougieFresh's post:
  • KillerLeft, MFFL
Like Reply
our choice of josh over desmond now looks justified. given equal opportunities  I think josh can do just as good, if not better. guy has a higher ceiling than the ex-mav josh (josh howard).
Like Reply
Imagine if Hardy had a little bit of Josh's athleticism.  That play when he clamped Conley and led the break...perfection.
Like Reply
hardy was initially a top prospect in the 2022 class. No doubt about his talent. in another way it shows the mediocrity of 22' draft.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LukaMVP's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
I guess we should give a little credit to @"Kammrath" and the rest of us "Dinwiddie doubters" huh? 

I thought this would be a double digit loss, for sure. Turns out you don't have to let your backup PG dribble the varnish off of the floor in order to run an NBA offense.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
Never liked Din as a hooper.  Talented for sure, but his ideal role is as a sixth man gunner (last year versus this year) and he's probably paid to well to be that for a championship team.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • KillerLeft, MFFL
Like Reply
(02-07-2023, 01:11 AM)cow Wrote: Never liked Din as a hooper.  Talented for sure, but his ideal role is as a sixth man gunner (last year versus this year) and he's probably paid to well to be that for a championship team.

Paid too well to be that and be in place as you try to build a championship team, for sure. If you could drop him in as a 6th man with the rest of the roster in place it could work.
Like Reply
(02-07-2023, 01:00 AM)LukaMVP Wrote: hardy was initially a top prospect in the 2022 class. No doubt about his talent. in another way it shows the mediocrity of 22' draft.
Well, the mediocrity of the draft talent evaluation of the rest of the teams in the NBA at least. Lots of teams passed up on him TWICE!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
(02-07-2023, 01:12 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Paid too well to be that and be in place as you try to build a championship team, for sure. If you could drop him in as a 6th man with the rest of the roster in place it could work.

One of the more thoughtful dudes out there though so best wishes.
[-] The following 6 users Like cow's post:
  • DallasMaverick, KillerLeft, MFFL, Paul Gasol, Scott41theMavs, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-07-2023, 01:13 AM)cow Wrote: One of the more thoughtful dudes out there though so best wishes.

Yeah, I remember thinking he was crazy from afar and you took issue with that about a year before he came here. He grew on me as a person during his stay.

Hopefully Kyrie does the same.
Like Reply
(02-07-2023, 01:08 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I guess we should give a little credit to @"Kammrath" and the rest of us "Dinwiddie doubters" huh? 

I thought this would be a double digit loss, for sure. Turns out you don't have to let your backup PG dribble the varnish off of the floor in order to run an NBA offense.

I'm not sure I use a one game sample against a team that probably had a hard time getting up for a G league game to determine that Dinwiddie was the cause of all our troubles.  Nice to see Green and Hardy have the best games of their careers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-07-2023, 12:37 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Those who watched, was your sense that it was about who was playing, or did the team seem invigorated by the shakeup?

A combination. I felt the lack of Dinwiddie really, and I mean REALLY helped the Mavs set a defensive tone. Further, freed from the iso heavy style Dinwiddie loved, the offense thrived in motion.

Both of those things played right into the strengths of Green. It felt as if Utah didn't know what hit them. None of their guards could keep up with the quick one-two of Hardy and Green and they just blew past them all night. I also think that Utah scouted the Mavs and were not prepared for them to run this much in transition. 

As to the shakeup, I think the team definitely had a different vibe. A bit more energy than usual.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft, MFFL
Like Reply
SD makes big shots in crunch time dude has a big heart, that is the main reason he gets paid so well imho. he was fine as starting PG while Luka plays, but when luka sits, guy has a hard time orchestrating the team's offense.
Like Reply
(02-07-2023, 01:33 AM)mvossman Wrote: I'm not sure I use a one game sample against a team that probably had a hard time getting up for a G league game to determine that Dinwiddie was the cause of all our troubles.  Nice to see Green and Hardy have the best games of their careers.

You are a smart and valuable contributor, and man am I sure glad you are part of this community, but your sense of humor might not be as honed as your basketball acumen. Meant with respect.
Like Reply
Great win that give us optimism for the future!
Like Reply
Hardy and Green with the "Don´t get dumb ideas, Mark"-games.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • mvossman
Like Reply
That was a really fun game to watch and I am glad I did watch it, although the first plan was to catch some sleep, since it will be a blowout anyway Smile This win was really needed in the playoff battle. Green and Hardy shouldn't be traded unless a legit star is coming our way.

I wouldn't overreact too much though. Utah didn't look their best and they were shooting below 20 % from three. I guess they had some of the mentality I had before the game Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
(02-07-2023, 05:23 AM)omahen Wrote: That was a really fun game to watch and I am glad I did watch it, although the first plan was to catch some sleep, since it will be a blowout anyway Smile This win was really needed in the playoff battle. Green and Hardy shouldn't be traded unless a legit star is coming our way.

I wouldn't overreact too much though. Utah didn't look their best and they were shooting below 20 % from three. I guess they had some of the mentality I had before the game Smile

I was planning on checking out early as well, lol.  Nice surprise for sure! Yeah, you can discount the win somewhat by saying Utah checked out mentally, but ANY win in Utah is a big deal. That place has been a house of horrors over the years for Dallas, much like Portland and Denver.  

I agree with everyone else about more movement, less iso-ball, but is that possible with Luka at the helm? I’m not so sure…..
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
[-] The following 1 user Likes OBX Maverick's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CoWTyoPgj...mMyMTA2M2Y=
Like Reply
(02-07-2023, 01:15 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Yeah, I remember thinking he was crazy from afar and you took issue with that about a year before he came here. He grew on me as a person during his stay.

Hopefully Kyrie does the same.

The only thing I questioned about Din was when he was with the Nets, he wanted to be paid in Crypto Currency. Don't know if that's still the case. His saga reminds me of Chauncey Billups. Drafted by Detroit, waived and bounced around from team to team before gaining traction where he worked hard and turned himself into a NBA player.
Like Reply