Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 55: DAL (29-26) @ UTA (27-28) | 124-111 WIN
(02-07-2023, 12:37 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Those who watched, was your sense that it was about who was playing, or did the team seem invigorated by the shakeup?

It seemed like the Mavs were free of a pecking order. They were free and they ran and had fun.

It was a beautiful game to watch.
[-] The following 2 users Like MFFL's post:
  • ballsrchr, KillerLeft
Like Reply
That was a fun game to watch. Green showed he has a little more in his bag than we thought. Hardy was hitting everything. 

Looks like the Mavs had a little extra motivation before the game when the Jazz didnt come to warm up until 12 mintues before tip off. 

Hardy and Green mentioned after the game that the Mavs felt disrespected by that. Green seems to thrive off making enemies of the other team. I like that.
Like Reply
From DMN

Hardy said the Mavericks recognized the Jazz didn’t take the court until 12 minutes remained on the pregame clock — well after most teams typically start their final pregame shooting lines. Credit the “nonchalant” approach for extra motivation.

“We felt like they’re not taking us seriously,” Hardy said, “so once we seen that, everybody locked in. We were locked in on winning.”
Like Reply
(02-07-2023, 01:55 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: A combination. I felt the lack of Dinwiddie really, and I mean REALLY helped the Mavs set a defensive tone. Further, freed from the iso heavy style Dinwiddie loved, the offense thrived in motion.

Both of those things played right into the strengths of Green. It felt as if Utah didn't know what hit them. None of their guards could keep up with the quick one-two of Hardy and Green and they just blew past them all night. I also think that Utah scouted the Mavs and were not prepared for them to run this much in transition. 

As to the shakeup, I think the team definitely had a different vibe. A bit more energy than usual.

Fascinating to see how the Mavs repeatedly screen-and-rolled to get isos on Olynyk.  He just lacks the lateral quickness to stay with either Green or Hardy.
Like Reply
(02-07-2023, 10:39 AM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Fascinating to see how the Mavs repeatedly screen-and-rolled to get isos on Olynyk.  He just lacks the lateral quickness to stay with either Green or Hardy.

Yep.

Did everyone else notice how Kidd was constantly telling the team to push the ball.   Being shorthanded it certainly helped.  But I don't recall him doing this with Luka much.

I also liked the handoffs over mid court the team did a lot.  I wish we did this more with Luka as well.   Jalen did it a lot and was the master of the fake handoff.  It just gives a player a touch of the ball.   If you are a guy used to having the ball in your hands, it helps.  Instead of just getting it for a open shot.    Even if they dribble it up and hand if off to Luka.
Like Reply
(02-07-2023, 10:26 AM)MFFL Wrote: From DMN

Hardy said the Mavericks recognized the Jazz didn’t take the court until 12 minutes remained on the pregame clock — well after most teams typically start their final pregame shooting lines. Credit the “nonchalant” approach for extra motivation.

“We felt like they’re not taking us seriously,” Hardy said, “so once we seen that, everybody locked in. We were locked in on winning.”

Danny Ainge probably locked the whole team in a room and ten minutes before he opened the doors and said: nobody been traded, go play some basketball, you my boys in purple.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • HIMAV
Like Reply