Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I will miss you DFS
You have been one of my favorite players these past few years. Thanks for the memories.
[-] The following 14 users Like DrMav's post:
  • ballsrchr, dmavs4life03, HIMAV, khaled1987, KillerLeft, loki, MAVS-SLO, Mavsfan12, MFFL, omahen, Reunion Mav, SleepingHero, Smitty, Tyler
Like Reply
One of the Mavs all time success stories. He grew as a player and became a fan favorite
[-] The following 4 users Like MFFL's post:
  • DrMav, KillerLeft, loki, Mavsfan12
Like Reply
Losing him definitely hurts. Good luck in Brooklyn.
Like Reply
fuck...
Like Reply
Hope he get standing ovations the first time he comes to Dallas.

He deserves it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MAVS-SLO's post:
  • Mavsfan12
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 03:54 PM)cow Wrote: fuck...

I will miss you, Cow.
Like Reply
I miss the times, when we actually had likeable players like Dirk, Tyson, JJ Barea, JET... Cry
Like Reply
Wanted to see DFS win a chip with Luka, oh well. He was a key piece in a trade for a superstar though plus he got paid so he should be happy.
Like Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnQ8N1KacJc
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 04:02 PM)Jakeospikez Wrote: Wanted to see DFS win a chip with Luka, oh well. He was a key piece in a trade for a superstar though plus he got paid so he should be happy.

...and he gets to play with a real contender for a smart front office. I bet the Nets will flip that Mavs stuff for even more help. Probably Beasley and Vanderbilt.

In the end the Nets turned the biggest cancer in the whole league into DFS, Dinwiddie, Beasley and Vanderbilt. Haha.
Like Reply
Time to be the Nets #1 Super Fan.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Yes, he is the type of player who you don't know how much you miss them until they are gone.   The perfect 5th starter.   These types of guys are often overlooked...until you don't have them.   

I was a late adapter to his game.  I did not have league pass his first year or two and mostly I saw summer league.  I didn't see it despite him having the build I like.   He has totally won me over the past 4-5 years though.

Good luck DFS.  Hope he provides some stability in Brooklyn.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • dmavs4life03
Like Reply
Hope this is fake news.. but since its probably not moment of silence...... salute DFS!! Dont even watch the games that much anymore but he definitely built himself up and was the ultimate team player. Happy he got paid though!!
Like Reply
One of my top-5 favorite all time Mavs. Gone before he should've been.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • cow
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 04:37 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: One of my top-5 favorite all time Mavs. Gone before he should've been.

At least we didn't do him dirty like TC...twice.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft
Like Reply
I'm torn. He was one of my favorite Mavs the last 7 years. His story and development was insane.

Hope to see him soon back here. Love DoDo.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • cow, Hypermav
Like Reply
Sad to see him go. But we've gone through this before. We lost Finley, Nash, Harris, Howard, Tyson, JJ.. i'm kinda used to this feeling.

Also, i'd bet the mavs tried to deal Bullock instead. The Nets said no and asked for DFS. It is what it is.
Like Reply
He was having a rough year but I'm still kind of shocked he was one of the players on  the block. Last season I considered him the perfect 5th man for a championship team
Like Reply
(02-06-2023, 10:13 PM)MrGoat Wrote: He was having a rough year but I'm still kind of shocked he was one of the players on  the block. Last season I considered him the perfect 5th man for a championship team

I felt like the Mavs sold as high as they could have on him. 

His contract paid him what he was worth. He's about to hit 30. He's a streaky shooter. 

But I forgave all those things because DFS was an amazing locker room guy and he hustled every freaking night. I really truly hope he can come back later on down the line ala Devin Harris.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(02-07-2023, 01:36 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I felt like the Mavs sold as high as they could have on him. 

His contract paid him what he was worth. He's about to hit 30. He's a streaky shooter. 

But I forgave all those things because DFS was an amazing locker room guy and he hustled every freaking night. I really truly hope he can come back later on down the line ala Devin Harris.

Yeah, they will probably trade way too much to get him back when he is Danny Green age, kind of like they are about to do with another former Mav, Jae Crowder.
Like Reply