Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kyrie Irving: we already named a city after him!
What a sh*tshow.  Irving has to be the most unreliable superstar ever in the NBA.  He is good for about 20 games a year.

But the paradox for the Mavs is if you play him the rest of the year, he won't last in the playoffs, and if you sit him out for the playoffs, then the Mavs won't make the playoffs.
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 08:20 PM)Okstate819 Wrote: Bojan, Sadiq Bey, Noel for THJ, Bertans, Hardy, 2027 1st?

How about tweaking it to
Bojan, Burks, Stewart for THJ, Bertans, Hardy, 2027 1st?
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 09:00 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Kyrie the player is much different than Kyrie the person. Yes, Kyrie the player is one of the best point guards of all time. A 30ppg on 50/40/90. Clutch as all hell. Every dribble move you can think of. He really is that good. Such an archetype we've salivated over next to Luka for years. He's an ideal fit. The Mavs added an All-Star starter THIS YEAR to Luka. That kind of talent is rarely ever available (and this one was available for good reason). On a talent level the Mavs made out like bandits, as Dinwiddie and DFS are great role players but can never carry a team. Kyrie can. 

I pray it works. If it does, and the Mavs make 1 more trade to find even a modicum of defense (Grayson Allen would be the cherry on top of this lunatic sandwich), they could be realistic finals contenders THIS YEAR. Yes this year. I truly believe that IF Kyrie can play basketball for 3 months straight. Something he's been unable to do for 5 years in a row. 

It's ridiculous to assume that Kyrie will work. This is as crazy and risky of a trade that I've ever seen. One the Mavs didn't have to make. It has accelerated the timeline expeditiously. I hate this fucking trade and I fucking hate Mark Cuban. But they made it. Hope for the best and try to enjoy it. Should it dematerialize I will be happy to root for Luka and his new team. That's the kind of risk Cuban is taking because I assume a majority of Mav fans feel the same way.

Too bad Kyrie the person is the root and core of Kyrie the basketball player.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/...2922450945
Like Reply
Why couldn't the Mavs have simply been the facilitating third team and gotten those LAL picks?!?! UGH.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 09:07 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Why couldn't the Mavs have simply been the facilitating third team and gotten those LAL picks?!?! UGH.

You are thinking?

Kyrie to Lakers
Din and Dorian + 2nds to Nets
Westbrook + 1sts to Mavs
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 09:10 PM)cow Wrote: You are thinking?

Kyrie to Lakers
Westbrook + 1sts to Mavs

YES.
Like Reply
I’ve heard that Laker Nation is melting down. That makes me happy.
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 09:05 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Too bad Kyrie the person is the root and core of Kyrie the basketball player.

Oh trust me I don't think I can bring myself to root for the anti semite that is Kyrie. 

I'm just trying to be positive.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 09:10 PM)Kammrath Wrote: YES.

Cuban is like playing your little brother in Madden.  He never punts.
[-] The following 3 users Like cow's post:
  • Kammrath, KillerLeft, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 09:11 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: I’ve heard that Laker Nation is melting down. That makes me happy.

Cue Lebron forcing his way to the Mavs in the summer for our last 2 picks.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 09:10 PM)cow Wrote: You are thinking?

Kyrie to Lakers
Westbrook + 1sts to Mavs

I honestly thought that was the plan  
And then we were going to throw everything we could at Toronto before the deadline
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
[Image: 9j92r6kcmhga1.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&v...6a117b6d53]
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • Kammrath, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 09:12 PM)Jym Wrote: I honestly thought that was the plan  
And then we were going to throw everything we could at Toronto before the deadline

Me too. It felt like the obvious and smart thing to do....
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 09:15 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: [Image: 9j92r6kcmhga1.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&v...6a117b6d53]

[Image: crying-cry.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 09:16 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Me too. It felt like the obvious and smart thing to do....

I see the problem.
[-] The following 3 users Like cow's post:
  • Jmaciscool, Kammrath, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 09:06 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/...2922450945

I'm more shocked the Nets turned down CP3 and Jae Crowder over Dinwiddie+DFS.

What does that say about the value of CP3??
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 09:19 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I'm more shocked the Nets turned down CP3 and Jae Crowder over Dinwiddie+DFS.

You shouldn't. I guarantee that PHX didn't offer a pick as valuable as an unprotected 2029 1st.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • hakeemfaan, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 08:42 PM)Kammrath Wrote: This is most likely because Kyrie is going to LAL this summer. Mavs can pretend they don't want to offer the deal, but they are going to be left at the altar. 

AND THE MAVS JUST PAID AN UNPROTECTED 1ST FOR THIS HONOR.

As much as Kyrie is unreliable, the only way this deal works is if they offer him an extension.  Else Wth?  You just gave up an unprotected FRP for nothing?   I know 12 year olds who can make better deals.
[-] The following 1 user Likes hakeemfaan's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 09:19 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I'm more shocked the Nets turned down CP3 and Jae Crowder over Dinwiddie+DFS.

Suns own all their picks.  It probably means they weren't willing to include a first with no protections.
Like Reply