Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 53: NOP (26-27) @ DAL (28-25) | 111-106 win
Luka's getting my Dirkie vote despite leaving in the 3rd quarter. That was pitiful after he exited
Like Reply
Was Brunson the defacto coach last year and none of us knew?
Like Reply
Do we even run plays anymore down the stretch of games? This game it was “Dribbles” Dinwiddie ISOing over and over and over while everyone else watches. And then Spencer takes another terrible contested shot while being smothered alive by Herb Jones. Kidd half asleep all season. Still having serious trouble inbounding the basketball.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/NBAOfficial/status/1...7GoYAtAAAA
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
No big deal, clock operator's finger just got stuck. Don't you just love the L2M report after the game is over?
Like Reply
7-37 with six assists. Luka really needs to share the ball more with THJ/Dinwiddie. Great ball movement and high quality shots in the 2nd half. Too bad Josh Green rudely interrupted their hot games with his iso scoring.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-03-2023, 12:57 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: 7-37 with six assists. Luka really needs to share the ball more with THJ/Dinwiddie. Great ball movement and high quality shots in the 2nd half. Too bad Josh Green rudely interrupted their hot games with his iso scoring.

[Image: giphy.gif]

I am so glad someone else agrees we need more Dinwiddie and THJ. They aren't using them enough. When they play, they sure know how to make a game close and exhilarating. It's not right that the Mavs go up by so much when guys like Luka or Green make choices.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Looked a bit like a copy of the OKC game without Luka. Wood was playing well and ended up with 27 on 8/13 shots.

SD/THJ 12/34 FG, while ignoring the rest of the team for the most part.
Like Reply
Dinwiddie and Hardaway in full veteran leadership mode.

Wesley Matthews would be proud.
[-] The following 2 users Like JamesConway912's post:
  • ItsGoTime, Mavs2021
Like Reply
(02-03-2023, 12:38 AM)MarkAguirreWrathofGod Wrote: Do we even run plays anymore down the stretch of games? This game it was “Dribbles” Dinwiddie ISOing over and over and over while everyone else watches. And then Spencer takes another terrible contested shot while being smothered alive by Herb Jones. Kidd half asleep all season. Still having serious trouble inbounding the basketball.

Kidd needs to go.
He has done enough damage already.

Need to start with a new coach next season.
Like Reply
(02-03-2023, 05:35 AM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Kidd needs to go.

The most obvious thing ever. Yet something I have zero faith will happen.
Like Reply
That out of bounds miss call was so bad.  Why could they not review?  That was a huge play.  I would be so mad if the Mavs were on the other side.

Great game by Josh.

I feel like I am a broken record, but our offense sucks without Luka.  it is painful watching Din dribble the ball pointing for someone to come up and set a screen when everyone else is standing in one spot.   Can't we try more movement?   I wouldn't even call it an offense.  It is just Din to dribble and do something.    If he is struggling, the offense has not other options.  It is so frustrating.   

I have no idea if he can play, but Kira Lewis pops off the screen for me.   He is just so fast.    If I was a smart GM, he would be someone (along with a few others) who I would target.   With CJ, Alvarado (BTW, why did he not get a ton of playing time....showing Lewis?) and the young Dyson Daniels, Lewis may be the odd man out.    Also, when everyone is healthy, the Pelicans have too many good players.   It is a nice problem to have, but tough to keep everyone happy with playing time.   10 game losing streak is tough, I am afraid Dallas may be in a similar situation on a losing streak with their upcoming road games...especially if Luka misses some time.
Like Reply

At 3:20 Green pretty much nails it...with Luka, they know they have to play a slow pace but when he's not out there, they need to do a better job of pushing it and having players like him who can go up-tempo. Mentions the offense continuing to go slow even when Luka was out...we all know that is because of Dinwiddie dribbling the air out of the ball for 18 seconds!
Like Reply