Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 48: LAC (25-24) @ DAL (25-23) | 98-112 loss
(01-23-2023, 02:54 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Crazy that he almost never knows where he's going with the ball, pre-snap.
That is crazy, considering the defense knew it every time. Those were some horrible throws. He was lucky, he didn´t end up with even more INTs. The throws were worth five or six.
Like Reply
(01-23-2023, 02:54 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Crazy that he almost never knows where he's going with the ball, pre-snap. Is he just not smart enough, or is Kellen Moore a terrible OC? Prescott just looks confused out there most of the time.

It's a combination of problems:

-He doesn't read the field well.  The interceptions make it obvious but look how often Hilton was wide open and he just didn't see him.
-He doesn't have great touch or accuracy.  He missed Gallop/Lamb on some big throws.
-His rookie year, we saw a lot of similar issues but that team was bolstered by an amazing offensive line and a dominate run game.  Dak's luck stat was also a ten (Romo's luck stat was a 1).  If you go back and watch those games there were soooo many dropped interceptions.  Now the offensive line isn't as great.  Zeke is whatever comes after washed.  Dak is way more hesitant to run these days for obvious reasons and he's probably lost a step.  He has a defense to carry him in a lot of games but he can't carry an offense against like or superior talent.  His stats usually come in garbage time or against bad teams.  When Dak wanted a massive bag, I was against it.  For as amazing as a person and leader as he is, he just isn't much of a QB.  People are calling him average today and I think that's overly generous.  
-His turnovers are him "knowing where he is going with the ball" instead of reading and not checking down or throwing the ball away.  

I hope they can sucker someone into trading for him.  I doubt it.  I also hope they fire McCarthy and Moore.  I doubt the first and think the second will happen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
(01-23-2023, 08:29 PM)cow Wrote: -His turnovers are him "knowing where he is going with the ball" instead of reading and not checking down or throwing the ball away.  

Sometimes, but not always. There are PLENTY of times that he holds the ball way, way too long, and he often gives up picks because of late throws, too. 

I guess the bottom line is that he's just not that great.
Like Reply
(01-23-2023, 11:19 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Sometimes, but not always. There are PLENTY of times that he holds the ball way, way too long, and he often gives up picks because of late throws, too. 

I guess the bottom line is that he's just not that great.

This is true but that's also his nature of wanting to go to a predetermined target instead of checking down or throwing the ball away and living for another day.  His pick to lamb was him not reading the coverage right and not seeing the second defender while at the same time holding the ball too long, not taking the check down and just forcing the ball to a predetermined target.  That's a long way of saying that I think we are both saying the same thing.

Putting aside his ridiculous salary, you can live with an average quarterback if they aren't making mistakes but that also requires a good defense (check) and a great running game (check).  Look at what Rush did while Dak was hurt.  As soon as Pollard got hurt last night, I knew it was over because it took away one of those check marks.  You then had to rely too heavily on Dak and McCarthy's incompetence with game management and Moore's less-than-creative play calling.  Though to be fair to Moore, Dak is pretty limited in what he can do.
Like Reply