Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 47: MIA (25-22) @ DAL (25-22) | 115-90 win
(01-20-2023, 10:22 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Maybe Kidd ripping them a new one after that debacle vs Atlanta did the trick. Let's see if it continues vs the Clippers next.

Again, it may just be the case they did not get a good game from the Heat.  But this was one of the handful of times this team looked like last years end of the year version.   They did a lot of the boring stuff well.   Good rotations, hustle, hit open shots, protect the ball mostly, etc.

Maybe it was just hit their open shots and got the rest of the game going?   

It is nice to get a win when Hardaway goes 1-10.   This team is so reliant on him being a consistent scorer when we had players out.  It would be nice to not rely on him and his offense is a nice bonus and not a necessity.
Like Reply
They need to get Green some more shots. At 45% from 3, you need to get more than 2.1 attempts her game. Time to initiate the next stage of his development. Or maybe get him on a team friendly contract first. Cry 

Feels like Doncic/Brunson/Green/DFS could have been a perfect core that was just missing a defensive anchor like Myles Turner. Sad
Like Reply
(01-21-2023, 09:32 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: They need to get Green some more shots. At 45% from 3, you need to get more than 2.1 attempts her game. Time to initiate the next stage of his development. Or maybe get him on a team friendly contract first. Cry 

Feels like Doncic/Brunson/Green/DFS could have been a perfect core that was just missing a defensive anchor like Myles Turner. Sad

What are the rules for extending Green?  They can’t do it now right?  My recommendation is for the Mavs to be proactive and aggressive once they can.  Don’t worry about ‘25 cap space either.

The longer they wait the price is going to go up.  I think he is under 10 million range now.  If they wait until he is in his last year, that may not be the case.

I also would like to see him take more shots.  Although I am pleasantly surprised how he is looking to score off the dribble.  I wasn’t expecting it this year.  It is not always pretty to the eye, but just him being a threat will open up his passing even more.
Like Reply
(01-21-2023, 09:32 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: They need to get Green some more shots. At 45% from 3, you need to get more than 2.1 attempts her game. Time to initiate the next stage of his development. Or maybe get him on a team friendly contract first. Cry 

To answer Chicago's question...this summer.

I think pretty clearly they have initiated the next stage of his development.  It is tough because there are so many mouths to feed.  Luka is going to get his and THJ, Wood and SD are going to eat whether it helps Josh's development or not.  One thing about him coming off the bench is he gets much more action at the beginning of the second and fourth quarters.

Josh has a green light to attack close-outs.  He's great at the drive and dish already, but we are seeing an obvious effort to attack the rim and draw fouls.  He's also being put into double screen action at the top of the key with the ball in his hands and can drive off the second screen.  We've also seen him (mainly late in games) be the screener who brings the second defender to Luka.  When the double happens it leaves Josh as the short roll man.  He's great as passing from that spot and developing an ability to attack from that spot.  

People focus on his 3%, but he's team leading (by a mile) .861 at the rim.  His TS% at .720 is just nuts.  Most pros make a living out of doing a few things well.  I like that they are letting the leash out a little at a time.
Like Reply
(01-21-2023, 10:34 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: he's team leading (by a mile) .861 at the rim.

That is most astonishing stat I have seen in a while. I cannot believe how far he has come.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, KillerLeft
Like Reply