Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 45: DAL (24-21) @ POR (21-22) | 123-140 loss
As soon as Dinwiddie touches the ball he's going to shoot it. This is incredible.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(01-15-2023, 11:17 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: As soon as Dinwiddie touches the ball he's going to shoot it. This is incredible.

He's not good enough to play the role he's in, it seems pretty clear. Not on a team trying to be good, at least.
Like Reply
And then Wood goes crazy thinking he's a point guard.

(01-15-2023, 11:17 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Not sure why we are complaining about the offense

While they are scoring, the shots they are generating are terrible. At least without Luka.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(01-15-2023, 11:19 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: He's not good enough to play the role he's in, it seems pretty clear. Not on a team trying to be good, at least.

He is Lou WIlliams turned into a starter. Something most teams were smart enough to avoid.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft, SleepingHero
Like Reply
One thing I'm semi-grateful to have learned during this stretch of the Mavs being without over half of their rotation:

Bertans is NOT some underutilized gem. There have been times when I wondered what it would look like if he got consistent playing time, but it turns out that no, he shouldn't.

(01-15-2023, 11:21 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: He is Lou WIlliams turned into a starter. Something most teams were smart enough to avoid.

Agreed.
Like Reply
(01-15-2023, 11:19 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: And then Wood goes crazy thinking he's a point guard.

While they are scoring, the shots they are generating are terrible. At least without Luka.

That´s the thing. I am confident that with Luka on the floor offense won´t be a problem. Had some hope that they would show some life on defense without him but it might be even worse. Luka can fix most of the issues on offense. But who is fixing the defense?
Like Reply
If Duffy has his client's ear, he should be telling Luka to let his teammates run the show for some stretches so they can develop and possibly want to stick around.
Like Reply
(01-15-2023, 11:24 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: But who is fixing the defense?

Siakam and a rested DFS would help
Like Reply
(01-15-2023, 11:22 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Bertans is NOT some underutilized gem. There have been times when I wondered what it would look like if he got consistent playing time, but it turns out that no, he shouldn't.

Actually think that he was one of the few positives today. Made a couple of sneaky good plays on defense. Made three 3s. All in all above expectations. Just having a hard time when he is asked to defend the rim but that´s more about the Mavs lack of playable bigs. Not really on him.
Like Reply
(01-15-2023, 11:24 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: But who is fixing the defense?

Ideally the 3 best defenders that have missed close to a month that should be returning soon I'd imagine. Green and DFS at least should in theory stop the bleeding a little.
Like Reply
Dinwiddie knows he can do whatever he wants on this team...especially on a night with Luka out. Not sure whatever happened to them being cautious with his knees...I guess they think he is 100% because he plays every game without hesitation. Even Luka has gotten more off nights
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Seeing SD THJ and even Luka with their hands on their faces at least gives me some hope these guys still care.

Hardy with highlight after highlight and Dinwiddie looked him off the entire time he was on the court.
Like Reply
Hardy made the over/under line. Played the entire 4th quarter. Half of the 3rd. 25pts in 25 minutes.
Like Reply
(01-15-2023, 11:32 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Hardy made the over/under line. Played the entire 4th quarter. Half of the 3rd. 25pts in 25 minutes.

I'm glad I set the O/U as good as Vegas  Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, KillerLeft
Like Reply
The big problem is our offense isn't the only problem when Luka is out, our defense plays worse too. We've just given up our second 140 point performance of the year, the other one was also with Luka out.
Like Reply
Did we load manage McGee too?  Ha.  We may need to load manage him for 3 years.
Like Reply
(01-15-2023, 11:36 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Did we load manage McGee too?  Ha.  We may need to load manage him for 3 years.

Saving him for a crucial tip off in the playoffs / play-in.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Chicagojk, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Has this new front office brought in one player who can help win games when Luka sits?  That may be a bit harsh.  But a year and a half is not a short amount of time and the arrow is trending down.
Like Reply
(01-15-2023, 11:39 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Has this new front office brought in one player who can help win games when Luka sits?  That may be a bit harsh.  But a year and a half is not a short amount of time and the arrow is trending down.

I'm curious what Donnie is up to

and I'm still curious why everyone still seems fine with that bafflingly horrible Washington trade 
it needs to get more attention and shame
Like Reply
(01-15-2023, 11:36 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Did we load manage McGee too?  Ha.  We may need to load manage him for 3 years.

I think you're making a joke about him being bad, which is funny. But you know, he is 34, so the genuine answer to your question is probably yes, he needed a rest night on this back-to-back, even if Kidd had wanted to play him. 

There are so many recent front office decisions that defy reason.
Like Reply