Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 45: DAL (24-21) @ POR (21-22) | 123-140 loss
Refs with some glaringly bad calls.  Wtf was Din doing there in the last 5 secs?

Fine with Hardy putting up shots and getting rid of the jitters.  Same with Wood to an extent.
Like Reply
Mavs competitive…may not end up that way.  A few offensive rebounds late hurt.  Completely preventable.  One where Din just watched and Hart went right above him.  Don’t like the no pass Din possessions but like him attacking.  We need more of this with Luka.  Also like the faster pace.  Maybe playing Hardy a ton hurts winning these games, but I just don’t care.  I think there are very few players on the roster who are going to be important in a few years.  Hardy is one that has a chance.  If he is competing on defense ok, leave him out there.  I am actually looking forward to some Hardy, green, DFS lineups.  Not sure who the other two should be.   There will be plenty of ugly moments, but also fun moments with Hardy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
Not sure we win and we are limited but I am liking this style of play tonight.
Like Reply
Moving the ball around looks fun.
Like Reply
Hardy getting an early sub in.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Flipped a switch midway through the 2nd quarter. First time in what feels like forever that the Mavs are outrebounding the opponent. Refreshing to see this kind of energy. Even if they might end up losing.

And some rare praise for Kidd. Making quick adjustments and changing the rotation. Going with Bertans over Powell. And now Hardy instead of Wright and Pinson.
Like Reply
So sick of our offense when we just dribble without moving and point at things.  No one else moves and it leads to a no pass contested late clock three point possession.  There needs to be a better offense than that.
Like Reply
(01-15-2023, 10:54 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: So sick of our offense when we just dribble without moving and point at things.  No one else moves and it leads to a no pass contested late clock three point possession.  There needs to be a better offense than that.

Dinwiddie special.

At least Luka actually scores ~70% of the time.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Blazers have a couple of long forwards that can all take away Wood´s face up game. Struggling to create for himself. But he makes up for it with some of the best effort on the boards that I have seen from him since he joined the Mavs.

Hary flopping. The kind of call that a rookie is never going to get against Lillard.
Like Reply
Hardy starting to get locked in.

What a play by Wright. 

Tough night from him so far but that's a highlight block.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
Maybe Luka's sheer presence and gravity on the court is making everyone shoot poorly on FTs
Like Reply
(01-15-2023, 11:04 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Maybe Luka's sheer presence and gravity on the court is making everyone shoot poorly on FTs

Or Luka is one of the worst FT shooters on the squad and when he controls the ball he takes by far the most FTs. More drives and attempts in the paint from SD and Hardy translate to more FT for better FT shooters.
I would love to see this aggressive version of SD when he shares the floor with Luka.
Like Reply
Dinwiddie with one of the worst shots i've ever seen in basketball and Pinson with the momentum killer tech.

losing plays.

(01-15-2023, 11:07 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Or Luka is one of the worst FT shooters on the squad and when he controls the ball he takes by far the most FTs. More drives and attempts in the paint from SD and Hardy translate to more FT for better FT shooters.
I would love to see this aggressive version of SD when he shares the floor with Luka.

My post was supposed to be taken in jest but yes you are correct.
Like Reply
Duffy, Luka's agent, has a front row seat tonight to watch his supporting cast. Maybe he's a ton of games, idk, but I wonder what he thinks of this team.
Like Reply
Kidd's choice to keep Dinwiddie on the court after his 5th ruined the game. 

Dude hoisted up one of the worst threes I've ever seen and then refuses to push the tempo. He's not Luka. Kidd trying to play him like a Luka replacement. Worked with Brunson to a point because Brunson appears to have it (As much as I didn't think so). 
Like Reply
Well we got Dame Timed. 

Mavs lack of flow on offense came back to bite them.  Just no real offense.  Some bad three pointers.  Din has been aggressive on offense but he just never makes any energy plays on defense.  None.
Like Reply
(01-15-2023, 11:09 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Dinwiddie with one of the worst shots i've ever seen in basketball and Pinson with the momentum killer tech.

losing plays.

Two minutes of 3-point chucking and bad defense. Enough to throw the game away.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
WHY DOES DINWIDDIE KEEP THROWING UP THESE TERRIBLE THREES HOLY CRAP.
Like Reply
I hate the offense just looking for matchups for isolation.  Hate it.
Like Reply
In the end the outcome is the same. Once again on pace to give up 140pts. Nearly impossible to win a game with defense like this.
Not sure why we are complaining about the offense. For the most part it wasn´t bad. Just had one cold stretch to start the 4th but still on pace for 115-120pts. That should be enough to win more often than not.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Chicagojk
Like Reply