Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 44: DAL (24-20) @ POR (20-22) | 119-136 loss
Really missed Wood in this game defensively. He can at least contest shots and grab some rebounds. 
Mavs got outrebounded 41-23. Dwight Powell had 2 rebounds smh. He had more fouls than rebounds ffs
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/1614489051272192002
Like Reply
(01-15-2023, 12:12 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/1614489051272192002

Time to change our logo.

[Image: download.jpg?itok=EMcxvRcv]
Like Reply
With the recent games to the Clips and Blazers, I see some similarities to the Championship team. They were also known as the streakbusters. Wink
Like Reply
(01-14-2023, 03:24 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: If the Mavs are going to rest guys during these two games, I’d rest them in the first one.

Way too many minutes for Luka tonight. He’s going to have to strap it up tomorrow. It’s a must win game. Can’t afford to drop two straight to a bad Portland team this late in the season.
Like Reply
(01-15-2023, 12:19 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Way too many minutes for Luka tonight. He’s going to have to strap it up tomorrow. It’s a must win game. Can’t afford to drop two straight to a bad Portland team this late in the season.

There are no bad teams. A poor record doesn't necessarily mean they're bad. Any of them can win on any given night. They must not be that bad, they mollywhopped us.
Like Reply
(01-14-2023, 11:40 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Celtics recently gave up 152 to the Thunder. Next game they came out angry and annihilated the Mavs.
Just looked up the all time record. 186 in a triple OT game by the Pistons. Nuggets scored 184 in the same game.

Yup. 1983. Only game in NBA history where 4 players scored 40 or more points. Isiah Thomas,  John Long. Alex English and Kiki Vandeweghe.
Like Reply
Blazers aren't bad, Dame missed extended time this year.
Like Reply
(01-15-2023, 12:19 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Way too many minutes for Luka tonight. He’s going to have to strap it up tomorrow. It’s a must win game. Can’t afford to drop two straight to a bad Portland team this late in the season.

I assume he is out tonight.   The high minutes on how he looked out there made no sense.    To see him out there tonight will be a real head scratcher.
Like Reply
I don't think we would have won, but our bench is so poor right now.   We have very little room for error.  If Luka is not great, there is probably no chance for a win.  But with that defense and Hardaway not balling, we pretty much have no chance.   

Sucks that we are so short handed and going up against a bruiser big man and can barely survive McGee for 5 minutes.

I am a Hardy fan.  His scoring will be fine.   He needs to learn to know when and how to attack though.   It will come.  Right now, he just wants to go all the way to the rim.  But, I am watching more the defensive stuff right now.  From my watch, he appeared a little slow on a few rotations and was also out muscled in the paint for rebounds.  This will be key for him.  It will be a reason not for him to get more playing time if he doesn't do those small things right.   Either way, I can't make any judgements in those quick few minute runs or during blowout time.   Hopefully they keep finding him at least a few minutes.   

If Luka does not go tonight, things will get ugly.   Maybe Dame doesn't go either, but Portland has a lot more options than our roster.    What is the deal with Josh Green.  Been out a long time and has been practicing. Really need some wings.

Lastly, real nice Bullock game.   He got incredible looks though.  We really need another creator who can get to the rim.    It just sticks out like a sore thumb.
Like Reply
Well, at least we know that every bad defensive game can't be pinned on Christian Wood. Some of them probably can, but not all of them!
Like Reply
(01-15-2023, 09:14 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I don't think we would have won, but our bench is so poor right now.   

A slight bright spot, but every other game Frank looks like a competent offensive player.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply