Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
THJ (+16, 22 pts, 8 rbd)
0%
0 0%
Wood (+16, 24 pts, 5 blk, 1 stl, 6 ast, 14 rbd)
61.90%
13 61.90%
SD (+8, 17 pts, 2 blk, 4 ast, 4 rbd)
0%
0 0%
Luka (+10, 35 pts, 1 blk, 1 stl, 13 ast, 14 rbd)
38.10%
8 38.10%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 43 DIRKIE: Winner Wood (62%) | Runner-up Luka (38%)
Brick 
Who was the player of the game who elevated his game to help the team get the win?
Like Reply
Christian Wood DPOY.

Smile
Like Reply
Christian "give him his money" Wood.
Like Reply
That piece of trash, locker room cancer, defensive liability, heartless, LOSER sure came up big for us.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
The Dirkie should be awarded to all of us for staying up until midnight to watch this horrible game.
Like Reply
(01-13-2023, 01:00 AM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: That piece of trash, locker room cancer, defensive liability, heartless, LOOSER sure came up big for us.

You're not talking about Jason Kidd aren't you?  Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
A mere 35 point efficient triple double is one thing, and that happens all the time, right?  So would give it to Wood if that’s all there is to it. But the two ridiculous clutch threes to force overtimes and keep the Mavs from losing, have to give it to Luka.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply
(01-13-2023, 01:09 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: But the two ridiculous clutch threes to force overtimes and keep the Mavs from losing, have to give it to Luka.

Game should have been over with 2 FTs.

Mavs (Kidd) should get the best possible FT shooter shooting FTs.
Lucky it didn't cost them this game.
Like Reply
I have to give it to Luka even though he only had a mere 35 point triple double and might need to be assigned to the G league for a little bit if he can't get at least 40. However, he hit two very big balls threes just to keep us alive which gets my vote.

Huge honorable mention to Wood though
Like Reply
Could give it to Luka every game, cuz without him Mavs are nothing, but giving it CW esp for late game D.
Like Reply
These are some pretty inconsistent refs.  They damn sure don't get a refs Dirkie...

I've gotta give SD an honorable mention for keeping the team in the game in both OTs.  But no Dirkie.

THJ scored 22...but...he was 9-21 on field goals, 3-11 on 3PT.  Each one of those misses is just like a turn over.  No Dirkie for THJ.

RB shot 2-8 from the floor...all 3 Pt shots.  I think something needs to be done about him.  And, no, a Dirkie doesn't come with it.

Does our bench deserve a Dirkie?  They scored 14 points--instead of their normal 11, or less.  Naw...no Dirkie here.

Luka is the best player on the floor, night in, night out.  But I don't think he is being used most effectively.  He had 35 points, 14 rebounds, and 13 assists tonight.  All was not roses.  3-7 on free throws...and he had to play 53 minutes.  I want to give Luka a Dirkie...but I'm not.  He can do this almost every night--when rested--and when happy.  Lately he hasn't been happy.

CW scored a 24 point double double.  He is in danger of averaging this.  That will make it harder for him to earn a Dirkie.  But...CW has earned my Dirkie for tonight...the old fashioned way...
Ah yes...I forgot the 5 blocks.
Like Reply
(01-13-2023, 01:28 AM)ballsrchr Wrote: These are some pretty inconsistent refs.  They damn sure don't get a refs Dirkie...

I've gotta give SD an honorable mention for keeping the team in the game in both OTs.  But no Dirkie.

THJ scored 22...but...he was 9-21 on field goals, 3-11 on 3PT.  Each one of those misses is just like a turn over.  No Dirkie for THJ.

RB shot 2-8 from the floor...all 3 Pt shots.  I think something needs to be done about him.  And, no, a Dirkie doesn't come with it.

Does our bench deserve a Dirkie?  They scored 14 points--instead of their normal 11, or less.  Naw...no Dirkie here.

Luka is the best player on the floor, night in, night out.  But I don't think he is being used most effectively.  He had 35 points, 14 rebounds, and 13 assists tonight.  All was not roses.  3-7 on free throws...and he had to play 53 minutes.  I want to give Luka a Dirkie...but I'm not.  He can do this almost every night--when rested--and when happy.  Lately he hasn't been happy.

CW scored a 24 point double double.  He is in danger of averaging this.  That will make it harder for him to earn a Dirkie.  But...CW has earned my Dirkie for tonight...the old fashioned way...
Ah yes...I forgot the 5 blocks.
And 6 assists!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • ballsrchr
Like Reply
(01-13-2023, 01:12 AM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Game should have been over with 2 FTs.

Mavs (Kidd) should get the best possible FT shooter shooting FTs.
Lucky it didn't cost them this game.

Well. I agree with this. I’m good with Luka taking techs early in games to get the good vibes going, but THJ should take a crucial late game tech.  In Kidd’s defense, at that point in the game, only Luka and Wood were playing with confidence (fortunately, Spencer joined them.)
Like Reply
(01-13-2023, 01:00 AM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: That piece of trash, locker room cancer, defensive liability, heartless, LOSER sure came up big for us.

He usually comes up big against bad/injured teams.
Like Reply
(01-13-2023, 01:18 PM)cow Wrote: He usually comes up big against bad/injured teams.

Just wait until we get a few NBA players to help Luka and Wood
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(01-13-2023, 01:28 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Just wait until we get a few NBA players to help Luka and Wood

I hope lightening doesn't strike you for putting Luka and Wood in the same category.
Like Reply
(01-13-2023, 01:34 PM)cow Wrote: I hope lightening doesn't strike you for putting Luka and Wood in the same category.

Interesting words from one who once put middling DFS above God himself.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply
(01-13-2023, 01:41 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Interesting words from one who once put middling DFS above God himself.

Interesting words from someone who lacks the ability to comprehend someone talking in jest and someone being sincere.
Like Reply
Lots of reasons to be impressed with Mavs at this juncture. Not one of those bench guys was getting any minutes at all when the team was healthy. Right now only Denver and Mempis look better in the West, taking into account that a healthy roster will likely return at some point. And those are regular-season teams. 

Boston, on the other hand, yikes. 

More importantly, has anyone yet asked how much Wood Wooda Wood chuck chuck if a Wood chuck could chuck Wood?
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
Gotta give it to Luka for hitting not one, but 2 game tying threes to send it into overtime. Wood with a co-dirkie for his defense in OT as well. 

Dinwiddie had one of the worst games I've ever seen as a maverick for the first 48 minutes, then suddenly became the 2nd coming of MJ with his dunks and layups in OT.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply