Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 43: DAL (24-19) @ LAL (19-23) | 119-115 2OT win
Heart 
[Image: FmPaOiIXkAAWwQU?format=jpg&name=large]
Like Reply
Will be another tough game tonight.  Lakers will try to push the ball.  The big factor may be if the Lakers are able to get a lot of fast break points.

Until Lebron sat out last game against Denver, they were playing good ball.    Thomas Bryant has been putting up real efficient #'s.   

I hope Dwight plays and maybe Green is back.   It is just real hard to expect a win against a solid team on the road being short handed.   We don't have any room for error and really need Din, Hardaway and Wood to have good games.
Like Reply
With Walker and Reaves out, do Lakers have anyone left, who can hit a three? I expect their defense to remain bad. Mavs really have to win this one, even with all players out. Green, DFS and Maxi are still out, Powell is questionable.
Like Reply
(01-12-2023, 09:50 AM)omahen Wrote: With Walker and Reaves out, do Lakers have anyone left, who can hit a three? I expect their defense to remain bad. Mavs really have to win this one, even with all players out. Green, DFS and Maxi are still out, Powell is questionable.

Schroeder, Christie, and even Thomas Bryant can hit threes. Now the last 2 don't really take many (nor get played that often).

The rest of their rotation players has an average of 24.07% from 3. YEESH.

(*In case you were curious the median for the rest of their rotation guys is: 29.5%.)
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Not concerned about the 3-ball. Really concerned about the Lakers ability to get to the rim. Schroder is lightning quick and had a couple of big games in the last 10 days. Mavs have been torched by worse guards.
Like Reply
(01-12-2023, 02:34 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Really concerned about the Lakers ability to get to the rim. Schroder is lightning quick

Most of that is taken away if defense can just pack the paint without worrying about the spacing.
Like Reply
(01-12-2023, 02:46 PM)omahen Wrote: Most of that is taken away if defense can just pack the paint without worrying about the spacing.

Hasn´t stopped them in the last few games. Not to mention that the Mavs rank among the worst teams when it comes to defense in the paint.
Can only hope that Dwight can play. Otherwise we are down to Wood and McGee as the only remaining bigs. And based on what we have seen in the last couple of games they will end up in foul trouble. Wouldn´t be suprised if Luka has to play some minutes at center again.
Like Reply
(01-12-2023, 02:58 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Hasn´t stopped them in the last few games.

They were shooting 45 % from three against Atlanta and 43 % against Sacramento. Opponents in all 5 wins had very bad % from three. I agree about Schroeder, he was always quick. But has his flaws.

(01-12-2023, 02:58 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Otherwise we are down to Wood and McGee as the only remaining bigs

I think the bigger problem is the PF or who will guard LeBron. They had to put Powell on him in the first game. Wood and McGee are way too slow, than we only have guards who are way too weak for him. But as in the first game - the key will be to win non LeBron minutes big time.
Like Reply
(01-12-2023, 03:11 PM)omahen Wrote: I think the bigger problem is the PF or who will guard LeBron. They had to put Powell on him in the first game.

Totally. Powell will probably start and guard LeBron again, I assume.
Like Reply
LeBron is only 423 pts from passing Jabbar, and he's been putting up big numbers for a 38 yr old. I don't expect that to change.  If they get anything from Bryant and Westbrook, they can make it tough.
Like Reply
(01-12-2023, 04:52 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: LeBron is only 423 pts from passing Jabbar

Think he'll get all of them tonight?
Like Reply
(01-12-2023, 04:54 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Think he'll get all of them tonight?

Hopefully we can show a little respect for ourselves tonight and hold him under 400.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-12-2023, 04:54 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Think he'll get all of them tonight?

He should get the 23 for sure.     Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Must win game.
Like Reply
So far the plan to shut down the paint and dare them to shoot from 3 is working.
Like Reply
Finally a good start. Hated how they started vs Clips. Had to turn the tv off.
Like Reply
A big who can dribble on the break and hand-out an assist in the process - that's one Wood ability fans don't usually talk about.
Like Reply
(01-12-2023, 10:20 PM)donzingis38 Wrote: Finally a good start. Hated how they started vs Clips. Had to turn the tv off.

One of the rare games where  all five starters contribute.
Like Reply
SD iso ball with Luka on the bench. Five possessions. Four of them without a single pass.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Bench is just brutal.
Like Reply