Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 42: DAL (23-19) @ LAC (22-21) | 101-113 loss
Mavs don’t have the energy so far.  I really we would push the ball to see if this increased the effort.
Like Reply
Got to switch up the doubling of Leonard.  Everyone else is feasting while the defense is trying to catchup to the ball swings.
Like Reply
I swear on that Luka baseline shot, no one was guarding bullock at the top of the key.  They were close, but teams would never give a good shooter that lack of attention at the three point line.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
I hate Wood's engagement in this game...he feels like an outcast. It feels like it is both on him and on the team around him.
Like Reply
Wood is rarely setting picks for Luka. They put Mann on him for that reason I think.
Like Reply
Wow such a lazy effort by Luka on that Covington 3
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-10-2023, 11:37 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Wood is rarely setting picks for Luka. They put Mann on him for that reason I think.

I think you're exactly right. And, he's having trouble punishing Mann for that tactic. Not great.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
Someone tell Wood that this is why he's played for half the teams in the NBA.
Like Reply
Pull the starters...no chance tonight. Clippers getting revenge for earlier in the season
Like Reply
(01-10-2023, 11:37 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Wood is rarely setting picks for Luka. They put Mann on him for that reason I think.

This is the kind of thing that would've prompted a timeout and an adjustment 5 minutes ago back in the good ol' Carlisle days.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
I really don’t think I can watch much more of this version of bullock for 25 plus minutes a night much longer.
Like Reply
Let's face it, if things don't improve the 2nd half, the Clippers just have their number.
Like Reply
Whelp, this is what this team looks like without "MVP DP"....
Like Reply
Something is just wrong with this team on the road. They might not be great anyway, but they are BAAAAAAD on the road. Wood just let Nic Batum get into the paint and fouled him for no reason. Luka is barely playing.
Like Reply
(01-10-2023, 11:39 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I think you're exactly right. And, he's having trouble punishing Mann for that tactic. Not great.
He is for sure playing uninspired basketball to this point, when we really need him to actually step up. Like Kamm said, part of it is him, the other part is the team not looking to get him involved much. Probably more on him as he is passing up a few plays that could use him making something happen. That rebound under the basket and pass out was strange and doesn't seem like him.
Like Reply
(01-10-2023, 11:43 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Something is just wrong with this team on the road. They might not be great anyway, but they are BAAAAAAD on the road. Wood just let Nic Batum get into the paint and fouled him for no reason. Luka is barely playing.

Kind of feels like Luka shouldn't be playing and Wood has no interest playing.  With Powell out, the only ones playing with energy or THJ, Bertans and Hardy.  I might be wrong about this team not making the playoffs, but if they do, they are going to get absolutely dismantled when an opposing team can focus on game planning against them.
Like Reply
On the plus side, THJ mostly looks good this game.
Like Reply
(01-10-2023, 11:47 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: He is for sure playing uninspired basketball to this point, when we really need him to actually step up. Like Kamm said, part of it is him, the other part is the team not looking to get him involved much. Probably more on him as he is passing up a few plays that could use him making something happen. That rebound under the basket and pass out was strange and doesn't seem like him.

He's passed up open looks and had opportunities.  This is all on him not giving giving effort tonight.
Like Reply
(01-10-2023, 11:47 PM)cow Wrote: Kind of feels like Luka shouldn't be playing and Wood has no interesting playing.  With Powell out, the only ones playing with energy or THJ, Bertans and Hardy.  I might be wrong about this team not making the playoffs, but if they do, they are going to get absolutely dismantled when an opposing team can focus on game planning against them.

Well, they'll probably be facing a team with more overall talent, but at least they're sure to have the lesser coach.
Like Reply
(01-10-2023, 11:49 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: at least they're sure to have the lesser coach.

I swear, I cannot figure out what Kidd actually does. I see no signs of real in game adjustments. It looks like he just sits there HOPING they will play better or something.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply