Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 42: DAL (23-19) @ LAC (22-21) | 101-113 loss
(01-11-2023, 12:58 AM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Doubled for 3 and a half quarters and still got 43.

That's nothing unusual for "The Don".
Like Reply
(01-11-2023, 01:44 AM)sefant Wrote: Bullock -16
Frank +8

I am about to start a GoFundMe to collect 100k to send Bullock to Mars with no ticket back. Tho Kidd has no access to his toy boy anymore.

This is the second time Cato has made a remark about Bullock's partial guarantee next year.  Is that where we are at.   If so, this is really disappointing.  Means that there is no interest in him what so ever and saving 5 million may be better than keeping him.  I hope that is not the resolution here.  

RB early-season struggles are so typical that I would almost ignore them completely if he were in the midst of his typical post-December bounce back. He has shot 35.6 percent behind the arc since Dec. 1; it’s not completely absent. But he’s shooting two fewer 3s per 36 minutes than last season, and his defensive impact has waned. Dallas has been about three points better defensively without Bullock on the court this season, which I don’t fault Bullock for — that’s a statistic that’s heavily influenced by the lineups in which players appear — but does indicate he’s not singularly making an impact to raise the units in which he plays.

This season has the Mavericks thinking about the partially guaranteed final year of his contract next season in a way the team didn’t expect to. There’s another half-season to turn it around, but Bullock turns 32 in March, and it might be that his superb work as a 3-and-D role player last season was the best we’ll see from him in Dallas.
Like Reply
Bullock could be a lesson, that sometimes it makes sense to sell high.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(01-11-2023, 07:57 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: This is the second time Cato has made a remark about Bullock's partial guarantee next year.  Is that where we are at.   If so, this is really disappointing.  Means that there is no interest in him what so ever and saving 5 million may be better than keeping him.  I hope that is not the resolution here.  

RB early-season struggles are so typical that I would almost ignore them completely if he were in the midst of his typical post-December bounce back. He has shot 35.6 percent behind the arc since Dec. 1; it’s not completely absent. But he’s shooting two fewer 3s per 36 minutes than last season, and his defensive impact has waned. Dallas has been about three points better defensively without Bullock on the court this season, which I don’t fault Bullock for — that’s a statistic that’s heavily influenced by the lineups in which players appear — but does indicate he’s not singularly making an impact to raise the units in which he plays.

This season has the Mavericks thinking about the partially guaranteed final year of his contract next season in a way the team didn’t expect to. There’s another half-season to turn it around, but Bullock turns 32 in March, and it might be that his superb work as a 3-and-D role player last season was the best we’ll see from him in Dallas.

I've long thought the structure of his contract made him a logical trade piece.  He isn't expiring, but he can turn $12.5mm worth of salary into a $5mm guarantee next season (which can be paid for with cash going from Dallas to the acquiring team.

Combining a concept in a post I wrote in the Trade thread here is a monster where you combine the NY/Clev/Dallas deal that nets us Fournier and Quickley (and unprotects out 23 first) and folds in a bigger deal for Siakam.

Toronto:  Sends Siakam/Gets Wood-Bullock and 3 firsts from Dallas (25, 27 and 29)

Cleveland:  Sends LeVert-2023 Second/Gets Hardaway

NY:  Sends Fournier-Quickley/Gets LeVert-Hardy-Cleveland Second-and Dallas unprotects its 2023 first

Dallas:  Sends THJ-Bullock-Wood-Hardy and 3 firsts/Gets Siakam-Fournier-Quickley

Siakam       Powell
DFS           Maxi
Green        Fournier
Quickley     Frank
Luka          SD
[-] The following 1 user Likes DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
(01-11-2023, 08:39 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: here is a monster

Excellent proposal. Replace Wood with Powell and Ntilikina and Quickley for 2023 and we have a deal Smile You can distribute 3 out of 4 available picks as you wish Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply