Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 41: DAL (23-18) @ OKC (18-22) | 109-120 loss
SD led offense is just SD playing 1 on 5...
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
This team sucks.
Like Reply
Hardaway much better in the third.  2 charges.  

Even though he has some buckets, I am just not a fan of the Dinwiddie run offense.  Much better playing off a top guy where he can attack.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, KillerLeft
Like Reply
So slow getting into our sets.

We have no answer for Shai either.  He is really good.  Seems to be getting into the lane very easily though.
Like Reply
OKC couldn't stop Wood.
Mavs aren't going to him as often as they should.
Like Reply
(01-08-2023, 08:50 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: So slow getting into our sets.

We have no answer for Shai either.  He is really good.  Seems to be getting into the lane very easily though.

Team defense (rotations, close outs, help) isn´t great when all guys are healthy. Today it is all time bad. Feels like lineups that feature guys that wouldn´t be in the rotation simply lack chemistry and reps.
I guess some would call it rookie mistakes. Forcing players away from the help defender. Giving up middle penetration. Miscommunication in the pick and roll. Not knowing when to switch, go over/under, hedge...Problem is that it´s not a rookie only thing (even though the Wright/Hardy stretch in the 2nd quarter was by far the worst).

Same for the offense. Spacing is off. Execution of set plays is off. Absolutely no chemistry. Resulting in broken plays and empty possessions with terrible shots against a late clock.
Like Reply
Wood is giving up position in every single rebounding battle. Getting bodied by two 6´6 guys (Kenrich Williams, Eugene Omoruyi).
Like Reply
I may be in the minority, but I am not a huge Dinwiddie fan.  I agree he would be better as your third creator and come off the bench.  But do I really want to pay tat salary for that role?
[-] The following 5 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, ItsGoTime, Kammrath, KillerLeft, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
No Luka, No chance.
Like Reply
(01-08-2023, 09:16 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I may be in the minority, but I am not a huge Dinwiddie fan.  I agree he would be better as your third creator and come off the bench.  But do I really want to pay tat salary for that role?

6th man skill set. Rarely works out if players like SD (or Lou Williams to give another example) make more than MLE money.

(01-08-2023, 09:16 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: No Luka, No chance.

Ignoring the basketball part SD was the perfect Luka replacement. Argued with the refs and refused to get back in transition. Maybe even better than Luka.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Tim sucks.  Spencer sucks.  Bullock really sucks.  Wood doing this shit again:

[Image: 3pne4m.png]
Like Reply
Dinwiddie was rough tonight. I always laugh when people say Luka is selfish because then I see an offense run with Dinwiddies mentality and it’s night and day.

Also pretty sick of this “let’s just use these back to back as learning experiments” roster decisions. We need to approach every game as if we’re trying to win.
Like Reply
(01-08-2023, 09:12 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Wood is giving up position in every single rebounding battle. Getting bodied by two 6´6 guys (Kenrich Williams, Eugene Omoruyi).

He is a good rebounder, but he has a lean frame and is undisciplined.
Could be better at positioning, but he does have 16 boards despite that.
Like Reply
(01-08-2023, 08:31 PM)omahen Wrote: SD led offense is just SD playing 1 on 5...

I HATE IT SO MUCH.
Like Reply
(01-08-2023, 09:31 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: He is a good rebounder, but he has a lean frame and is undisciplined.
Could be better at positioning, but he does have 16 boards despite that.

He clearly knows how to get his. Just questioning if a guy that focuses on boxouts wouldn´t have a bigger impact on team rebounding. Despite his individual rebounding numbers the Mavs are getting destroyed on the boards. And it´s not like the Mavs are worse when he isn´t playing. Current on/off for team rebounding percentage is exactly 0.0.
Like Reply
(01-08-2023, 09:32 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I HATE IT SO MUCH.

So you're saying Dinwiddie/VanVleet is the backcourt of the future...
Like Reply
(01-08-2023, 09:37 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: He clearly knows how to get his. 

This is probably the first line of any scout's report evaluating Wood.
Like Reply
Maybe we have this all wrong.

SD is playing ISO ball because that's THE play.

Kidd is heavily reliant on Luka and the plays for Luka are the same with the plays for SD. Just basically ""do-your-thing-or-pass-to-an-open-3".

Except of course, SD can't generate the type of offense that Luka does.

This SD ISOs are partly because the coaching staff aren't creative enough to deviate plays between the 2 lead guards.
Like Reply
(01-08-2023, 09:37 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Just questioning if a guy that focuses on boxouts wouldn´t have a bigger impact on team rebounding. 

Yes, I would think so.
Box out the bigs and let your guards take the rebounds.
Specially if the guards are good rebounders
Dirk and TC did that for Kidd back then.
Like Reply
(01-08-2023, 09:37 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: He clearly knows how to get his. Just questioning if a guy that focuses on boxouts wouldn´t have a bigger impact on team rebounding. Despite his individual rebounding numbers the Mavs are getting destroyed on the boards. And it´s not like the Mavs are worse when he isn´t playing. Current on/off for team rebounding percentage is exactly 0.0.

Having a great boxout guy would help, but actually having good rebounders at other positions would help a lot more and we don't have that. That said it's not why we are losing, we were trash at rebounding all last year and made the WCF. Rebounding doesn't hurt us as much as it might other teams because of the glacial pace we play at. But we can't afford to also be a trash defensive team, 22nd ranked won't cut it.
Like Reply