Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
THJ (+19, 18 pts, 2 stl, 1 ast, 2 rbd)
16.67%
4 16.67%
Wood (+2, 28 pts, 2 blk, 1 ast, 6 rbd)
25.00%
6 25.00%
Luka (+7, 34 pts, 1 blk, 10 ast, 10 rbd, 7 TO)
12.50%
3 12.50%
JH (-4, 15 pts, 2 stl, 1 rbd)
45.83%
11 45.83%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 40 DIRKIE: Winner JH (46%) | Runner-up Wood (25%)
Brick 
Who was the player of the game who elevated his game to help the team win?
Like Reply
Hardaway might have been the Mavs’ best defender tonight.
Like Reply
Hardy Party!

Some of McGee's better minutes this year.
Like Reply
(01-07-2023, 10:30 PM)cow Wrote: Some of McGee's better minutes this year.

I concur. I enjoyed his game tonight.
Like Reply
Luka!  Whooo doggies!  Another triple double.  That's just pretty normal for him...isn't it?   Average.  No Dirkie?  No...not tonight.

Bullock!  Naw...I don't think so.  It's time for him to ride some pine...

THJ!  Fools gold.  Flash of riches.  Just can't be depended on--when he needs to be depended on.

Hardy!  It looks like he can score...but can he make winning plays?  I hope we get to see.  I want to jump on the Hardy train, but I'm old enough to have seen too many things fizzle under pressure.  Do I see potential?  Sure...let's give him some meaningful playing time...and teach him to be a winning player.  I want to give him the Dirkie, but I'm not going to.  Another night--maybe.

McGee!  ...come on man!  Did you seriously thing I was going to give him this Dirkie?

Christian Wood!  An assist, 2 blocks, 6 rebounds...and 28 points.  Yep...this is another Dirkie for CW.
Like Reply
This one is tricky. Luka is so ridiculous he's pretty much the only guy who can call a 34-10-10 an average night. 

Nice game by Wood but we know he can do this. 

THJ had a nice night but not an exceptional night for himself

I might just have to give it to Hardy for actually being in the rotation and pouring in 15 more. Although McGee exceeded expectations as well
[-] The following 2 users Like MrGoat's post:
  • MFFL, SleepingHero
Like Reply
18 points on 9 shots. Tim is him.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
Hardy certainly deserves consideration for his play and being something new.

I think I will give it to Wood though.  Killer mentioned how we were destroying Jonas on offense despite Jonas putting up points.  When Maxi is on, we can really cause these big lumbering centers problems with the pick an d pop.   The difference with Wood from Maxi is he can also kill you at the rim and also doing the pick and pop.

(01-07-2023, 11:02 PM)The Jom Wrote: 18 points on 9 shots. Tim is him.

a nice charge too.    I really respect the guys who put their bodies on the line.    I don't want to be negative but there is a difference when a player is getting to the rim with Tim and a guy like Dinwiddie.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-07-2023, 11:17 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Hardy certainly deserves consideration for his play and being something new.

I think I will give it to Wood though.  Killer mentioned how we were destroying Jonas on offense despite Jonas putting up points.  When Maxi is on, we can really cause these big lumbering centers problems with the pick an d pop.   The difference with Wood from Maxi is he can also kill you at the rim and also doing the pick and pop.

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b952t844n18vpmge1dad4k1...w.gif&ct=g]
Like Reply
Even I can vote THJ is he deserves the Dirkie.
Like Reply
I went with Hardy but could have easily gone with any of the available options tonight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jmaciscool's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
I wanted to vote for McGee but gave it to Hardy. Dude showed everything that made me enamored with him pre-draft last year. What touch around the basket!!! Even with Herb Jones guarding him.

By the way, THIS is the version of McGee I was expecting (and hoping) to come in and do every night. Dude was an absolute menace all over the court tonight and protected the rim like crazy. He was a difference maker tonight and barely did any Shaqtin mistakes.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(01-08-2023, 02:32 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: He was a difference maker tonight and barely did any Shaqtin mistakes.

He DID perform one of his patented "wildly run into the paint for a block attempt that has no chance of affecting the play and land on one of my teammates out of bounds, resulting in us both being non-factors for up to one minute" moves, but overall I agree. Great night from him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Jmaciscool
Like Reply
(01-07-2023, 11:00 PM)MrGoat Wrote: This one is tricky. Luka is so ridiculous he's pretty much the only guy who can call a 34-10-10 an average night. 

Everytime I take a step back and look at what Luka is doing it blows my mind.  34/10/10 on 57% TS is incredible. And this was an off night for him too...

Luka is a baaad baaad man.

(01-08-2023, 02:34 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: He DID perform one of his patented "wildly run into the paint for a block attempt that has no chance of affecting the play and land on one of my teammates out of bounds, resulting in us both being non-factors for up to one minute" moves, but overall I agree. Great night from him.

Heh now you see why I said "barely did any shaqtin mistakes"

But he DID get the block on that play if it is what I'm thinking it is. Where he ran into Bullock right?
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply