Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 40: NOP (24-16) @ DAL (23-17) | 127-117 win
Heart 
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/16...8412204032
Like Reply
Mavs get a short handed and tired Pelicans team tonight.  Although looking at their roster, there is still plenty of talent there.   We have discussed how New Orleans have made smart move after smart move over the past year and a half.  Some is due to draft picks but they have also shown you don't need high first round picks to find talent.

Herb Jones for example.   But also Jose Alvarado was an undrafted guy.  In addition a guy like Naji Marshall who scored 23 last night and averaging 12 and 5 the last 10 games.  He was undrafted in 2020.   

I feel we spend a time talking about putting all our remaining assets for a second star to Luka.   Teams like Memphis and New Orleans show you should never stop trying to find pieces on the edges.   Several of the guys we discuss via trade where either late first round picks or second round picks in the past.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, Jmaciscool
Like Reply
Is it bad that I think the fact that Zion is out actually hurts our chances more?

This team needs motivation. Now without Zion it's probably going to lead to these guys coming out flatter than some seltzer water left out in the Texas heat for an hour.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Larry Nance and CJ are out tonight for the Pelicans and Jonas is questionable.   With a back to back for the Mavs with OkC tomorrow it would be nice to have a light workload for Luka so he can play tomorrow.  Who am I joking though...expect a 40 minute 45 point Luka game that we squeak by at the end.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1611869900649238530
Like Reply
Hardaway just single-handedly stopped a 2-on-1 fast break.

Couple of decent minutes from McGee, so far.
Like Reply
I think wood’s weakness isn’t playing defense, it’s playing defense without fouling. But, I feel bad for him on that one. Kind of a BS call.

GREAT defense from Powell
Like Reply
This is the Dinwiddie I liked last season - the one who lives in the paint and draws tons of fouls.

Am I the only one here?
Like Reply
Dumb rookie foul there, but some good moments for Hardy. Glad he’s getting some time.
Like Reply
HARDAWAY!
Like Reply
Should be a W.  N.O. has all their best players out. I want to see this matchup when both teams are whole.
Like Reply
That pass was filthy, or was Nasty
Like Reply
And we go to sleep...
Like Reply
I’m sure there are people watching who wish the Mavericks had Valanciunas, but from my seat he is the handicap causing New Orleans to fall victim tonight. That Luka/Wood pick and pop is shredding him, and I am absolutely here for it.

HARDY!
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
Some beautiful Luka passes to Wood
A true center can't handle guard that
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
It’s so nice to see that Wood and Luka are looking to work TOGETHER out there.

Hardy might actually be ready to help RIGHT NOW.
Like Reply
(01-07-2023, 08:51 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
Am I the only one here?

Sorry, dude.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
Look, I get that Hardaway’s first couple of months, coming off of that injury, we’re u-g-l-y. But I am telling anyone who will listen, Lavert is not capable of positively affecting a game like THJ has tonight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • WillE
Like Reply
Hope Hardy isn't on some dumb Brunson/ufa contract.  Can't we take a chance and overpay him early?  Who cares if he's terrible later.  Also, glad Wood is upping his trade value.  Dammit.

If they were going to trade THJ, I don't see how his value could get much higher than now.
Like Reply
Hardy getting fouled on these layups too 
Those are all going to be and-one's in a couple years
[-] The following 4 users Like Jym's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft, MFFL, The Jom
Like Reply