Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 40: NOP (24-16) @ DAL (23-17) | 127-117 win
Luka already trusts Hardy.  He's already our second best player.
Like Reply
(01-07-2023, 10:08 PM)BoredAssistant Wrote: Hope Hardy isn't on some dumb Brunson/ufa contract.  Can't we take a chance and overpay him early?  Who cares if he's terrible later.  Also, glad Wood is upping his trade value.  Dammit.

If they were going to trade THJ, I don't see how his value could get much higher than now.
He's not.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Branduil's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
The elbow/flare screen we action we do with Hardaway normally flaring looks wayyyy different with Hardy running the flare action and Hardaway in the corner. His threat to attack downhill makes it a lot more dangerous for the defense to handle and it puts Hardaway into a spot where he’s much more comfortable.
Like Reply
(01-07-2023, 10:12 PM)Branduil Wrote: He's not.
Phew!  Seems like that JB contract was sabotage.
Like Reply
Fun Hardy performance.  There will be stinkers but he has something.   IMO, this team is much closer if both Hardy and Green are legit players on good teams.   They are more important to me than Din, Doe, etc.   That is not a slight of those guys either.    

The Mavs were sloppy tonight.   I was surprised Luka came back in so early in the fourth.   It is not like the lead was diminishing.   Games like this would have been a good opp to have the bench guys develop some continuity in the fourth.   I guess that means Luka probably isn't playing tomorrow night.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
He didn't do much tonight, but Dyson Daniels is going to be very good.   That type of player would be ideal next to Luka.   

Kira Lewis has a team option next year.   It will be interesting to see what they do with him.    Not much playing time for him.   Jaxson Hayes is a free agent.    I would have interest in him but we are sort of full with centers.    

Props to New Orleans tonight.  Didn't play great.  Was short handed and coming off a game last night.   They kept is within shooting distance and didn't allow a big Mavs run.    

For the Mavs, the offense was great.   But it just feels like Mavs have some lapses where teams can push the pace and go right to the basket.    Mavs are slow getting back and leads can go pretty quick when teams go right at us.
Like Reply
(01-07-2023, 10:41 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: For the Mavs, the offense was great.   But it just feels like Mavs have some lapses where teams can push the pace and go right to the basket.    Mavs are slow getting back and leads can go pretty quick when teams go right at us.

I don't mean to trivialize this situation or dismiss your point, because I think you're right about this. BUT, it seems like every NBA fan thinks this is something that only happens to their team, and yet it happens during multiple games every night in the league. 

I'm not sure if it's the rules, the officiating, pro players being lazy, the close talent levels of teams or some combination of those and a dozen other things, but those old cliches "no lead is safe" and "it's a game of runs" actually do have some substance to them. 

Those games at the beginning of the season in which opportunities were missed...they felt different, like the team didn't know what to do. Tonight, I personally never thought the outcome was in jeopardy, regardless of how close the score got near the end.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
I really liked the role Hardy got tonight.  I'm watching decision making more than anything.  I didn't care for the one-on-three break the other night.  I liked that he pulled back out tonight when faced with a similar choice.  Nothing felt forced.  I'd rather see him get five minutes of meaningful minutes learning to share the ball with more established scorers than 15 minutes of scrub time taking every shot he can get.

[/url]Brad Townsend

@townbrad
[url=https://twitter.com/townbrad]

On The Freak 97.1 FM postgame show, JaVale McGee tells @coopmavs
that he believes Jaden Hardy can become “a perennial All-Star” if he continues working and is brought along in the right way.

Big praise from a 15-year vet who has had more than his share of All-Star teammates.

9:40 PM · Jan 7, 2023

[-] The following 1 user Likes DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
I hope McGee is a better judge of other's abilities than his own.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Branduil's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(01-07-2023, 11:32 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I really liked the role Hardy got tonight.  I'm watching decision making more than anything.  I didn't care for the one-on-three break the other night.  I liked that he pulled back out tonight when faced with a similar choice.  Nothing felt forced.  I'd rather see him get five minutes of meaningful minutes learning to share the ball with more established scorers than 15 minutes of scrub time taking every shot he can get.

[/url]Brad Townsend

@townbrad
[url=https://twitter.com/townbrad]

On The Freak 97.1 FM postgame show, JaVale McGee tells @coopmavs
that he believes Jaden Hardy can become “a perennial All-Star” if he continues working and is brought along in the right way.

Big praise from a 15-year vet who has had more than his share of All-Star teammates.

9:40 PM · Jan 7, 2023

Look where he was a year ago.  Look where he is now.  We've heard about the work ethic.  And no we get to see his computer.  Give him opportunities at better competition, watch him stumble and then quickly watch him adjust.  He just needs opportunity.
[-] The following 3 users Like cow's post:
  • BoredAssistant, KillerLeft, MFFL
Like Reply
Really good McGee minutes!

I agree Cow. Love what we’ve heard about Harry’s work ethic and passion for the game. Bodes well.
Like Reply
(01-08-2023, 10:31 AM)MarkAguirreWrathofGod Wrote: Really good McGee minutes!

I agree Cow. Love what we’ve heard about Harry’s work ethic and passion for the game. Bodes well.
Yes. That was the Mcgee we thought we were paying for
Like Reply
That was meant to be Hardy not Harry, because unlike Harry, no one will ever call Hardy a “Spare.”
Like Reply