Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 35: NYK (18-17) @ DAL (19-16) | 126-121 win
(12-28-2022, 01:19 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Even if he did correct his mistake, it points to how desperate he is to praise a guy who he wanted here as opposed to the correct player making the play. It's a mindset.

Honestly, he pulled McGee out of the starting lineup quicker than I would have guessed and has been giving him almost no minutes even with the injuries.  His actions have done plenty to admit that signing was a mistake.  Given that we are overpaying McGee for 3 years and at least some of his issues seems to be of the motivational variety, I don't blame for Kidd trying to prop him up the very few times he shows a hint of value on the court.

I did not like the way Kidd threw Wood under the bus in post game interviews earlier in the season, but the tone on those has changed.  He has made several comments about Wood playing well on both ends of the floor, and Wood is currently starting and generally getting over 30 minutes a game.  Everything I have seen recently is pointing more and more to the narrative that Kidd has been trying to get the most out of Wood defensively as opposed to the narrative that he didn't want Wood here and was trying to sabotage him.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 35: NYK (18-17) @ DAL (19-16) | 126-121 win - by mvossman - 12-28-2022, 03:17 PM