Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 35: NYK (18-17) @ DAL (19-16) | 126-121 win
Knicks have 24 second chance pts. That's a killer. 15 offensive rebounds. They're getting crushed on the boards.
Like Reply
(12-27-2022, 10:32 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: wood is going hard in the paint on defense right now.

Luca seems pretty soft at the moment. I hope someday he learns just to play during physical games like this instead of whining.

Disagree. I think he's one of the most physical superstars in the league, and he's taken hella shots in this game many of which have gone uncalled. The whining is annoying, but it's got nothing to do with his physicality.

Wood's weakside shot blocking is super underrated. Also the rebounding is probably going to lose us this game.
Like Reply
That's game...nothing the Mavs can do with Bullock and THJ missing so many threes
Like Reply
Someone explain the logic of playing Luka the entire 2nd half repeatedly while also sitting him on winnable back-to-back games 
In game fatigue worries me more than game-to-game fatigue injurywise
Like Reply
(12-27-2022, 10:35 PM)Dundalis Wrote: Disagree. I think he's one of the most physical superstars in the league, and he's taken hella shots in this game many of which have gone uncalled. The whining is annoying, but it's got nothing to do with his physicality.

Wood's weakside shot blocking is super underrated. Also the rebounding is probably going to lose us this game.

I’m not saying he doesn’t play with physicality, I’m obviously saying it’s soft as Charmin for him to lay on the ground for five minutes when he thinks he deserves a call.
Like Reply
(12-27-2022, 10:37 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I’m not saying he doesn’t play with physicality, I’m obviously saying it’s soft as Charmin for him to lay on the ground for five minutes when he thinks he deserves a call.

Yeah re-reading, misread your comment as saying doesn't play with physicality. Agree with that.
Like Reply
That is disappointing.  Mavs were short handed, but so were Knicks.  Knicks were hungrier a free losing 3 in a row.

Am afraid this Mavs team doesn’t have it this year.  They will win with a healthy Luka, but more of a step forward, step back.  46ish wins and early playoff exit.
Like Reply
Can't believe this may be the Knicks 6th straight win in Dallas.
Like Reply
(12-27-2022, 10:37 PM)Jym Wrote: Someone explain the logic of playing Luka the entire 2nd half repeatedly while also sitting him on winnable back-to-back games 

Good point.  Not a fan of the heavy minutes.  Sort of gets me worried that a panic trade could be in the cards, just to save face.  The absolute worst thing to do this year imo.
Like Reply
(12-27-2022, 10:39 PM)Dundalis Wrote: Yeah re-reading, misread your comment as saying doesn't play with physicality. Agree with that.

For sure. I would never suggest that Luka doesn’t play physically. If anything, his game thrives on contact. But, I think the next level for him is to realize that there are people who are going to push him around more than he expects to try to take him out of his game, and the whistles arent always going to be there. I really think he has to learn to play through that, and not just because it’s annoying. He’s constantly compounding the issue by not even paying attention on the next couple of defensive possessions.

(12-27-2022, 10:42 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Good point.  Not a fan of the heavy minutes.  Sort of gets me worried that a panic trade could be in the cards, just to save face.  The absolute worst thing to do this year imo.

Oh, they’re trying to make a panic trade, don’t you worry. 

Just have to hope it’s a good one, somehow.
Like Reply
Lol…good guess Luka that Hardaway was going to miss Smile
Like Reply
Another 50 burger for Luka.
Like Reply
(12-27-2022, 10:42 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Can't believe this may be the Knicks 6th straight win in Dallas.

They are literally the only team in the league Randle plays this well against consistently.

Maybe it’s being in front of his friends and family, maybe it’s him being pissed that they didn’t want him, maybe both, I don’t know. All I know is when I watch the Knicks play other teams he looks like an absolute scrub.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply
Luka pump fakes to draw a foul on the 3 point line.

update: nope
Like Reply
(12-27-2022, 10:43 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: For sure. I would never suggest that Luka doesn’t play physically. If anything, his game thrives on contact. But, I think the next level for him is to realize that there are people who are going to push him around more than he expects to try to take him out of his game, and the whistles arent always going to be there. I really think he has to learn to play through that, and not just because it’s annoying. He’s constantly compounding the issue by not even paying attention on the next couple of defensive possessions.

Oh, they’re trying to make a panic trade, don’t you worry. 

Just have to hope it’s a good one, somehow.

The child like mentality hasn't really changed at all since his rookie year. He enjoys himself on the court like a little kid, but also throws tantrums like a little kid too. The former is obviously endearing, the latter not so much. Just like an actual kid. I kinda do wonder if he'll grow out of it, but it kinda just seems like a major part of his personality.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dundalis's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Why is Wood out on an offensive possession?
Like Reply
(12-27-2022, 10:48 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Why is Wood out on an offensive possession?

With the rim protection he has given the team lately, I would ask why he’s out on ANY possession
Like Reply
(12-27-2022, 10:48 PM)Dundalis Wrote: The child like mentality hasn't really changed at all since his rookie year. He enjoys himself on the court like a little kid, but also throws tantrums like a little kid too. The former is obviously endearing, the latter not so much. Just like an actual kid. I kinda do wonder if he'll grow out of it, but it kinda just seems like a major part of his personality.

Maybe he’s just laying down on the floor because his back hurts from carrying a trash roster that a trash owner (not pretending anyone else is the GM) put together…as usual.
Like Reply
(12-27-2022, 10:37 PM)Jym Wrote: Someone explain the logic of playing Luka the entire 2nd half repeatedly while also sitting him on winnable back-to-back games 

I don't think the Mavs really know what they're doing when it comes to managing minutes...Kidd is just winging it as they go. They played Kemba 42 minutes at Cleveland and his body has paid the price already Confused
Like Reply
(12-27-2022, 10:49 PM)MaxiThreeba Wrote: Maybe he’s just laying down on the floor because his back hurts from carrying a trash roster that a trash owner (not pretending anyone else is the GM) put together…as usual.

There’s that…but it doesn’t excuse this. He’s got to learn how the NBA works.
Like Reply