Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Luka (+0, 50 pts, 10 ast, 8 rbd, 3 stl, 7 TOs)
88.24%
15 88.24%
DB (+23, 11 pts, 1 blk, 2 stl, 2 rbd)
11.76%
2 11.76%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 33 DIRKIE: Winner Luka (88%)
Brick 
Who was the player of the game who elevated his game to help the team win?
Like Reply
What was Dinwiddie’s line? I had zero complaints about him tonight, and caught him doing a lot of little “glue” things that I normally don’t see from him.
Like Reply
First ever 50 point 10 assist double double in Mavs history.
Like Reply
Bertans was legit great in the 2nd half.  He also didn't cheat you with effort.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • ballsrchr, Kammrath
Like Reply
(12-23-2022, 10:36 PM)cow Wrote: Bertans was legit great in the 2nd half.  He also didn't cheat you with effort.

He never does. For the life of me, I can’t figure out why he is so despised. Don’t get me wrong, it’s easy to see why he’s not starting in the All-Star game, lol, but I don’t get why fans hate him so much.
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • ballsrchr, F Gump, ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(12-23-2022, 10:35 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: What was Dinwiddie’s line?

11 pts, 1 ast
Like Reply
(12-23-2022, 10:38 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: He never does. For the life of me, I can’t figure out why he is so despised. Don’t get me wrong, it’s easy to see why he’s not starting in the All-Star game, lol, but I don’t get why fans hate him so much.

DB is my favorite player to root for on this team.
Like Reply
(12-23-2022, 10:38 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: He never does. For the life of me, I can’t figure out why he is so despised. Don’t get me wrong, it’s easy to see why he’s not starting in the All-Star game, lol, but I don’t get why fans hate him so much.

Bad contract and a smart team, especially in the playoffs, will exploit is on ball defense.  That said, he hustles, he's a sniper and everything he does is with a plan and purpose.  He also has rare confidence only rivaled by Luka or Wood (when he's hot).  With our team so depleted of defenders, I'd like to see him on the floor with Luka a lot more for those corner threes.
Like Reply
(12-23-2022, 10:39 PM)Kammrath Wrote: DB is my favorite player to root for on this team.

Even more than McGee?????
Like Reply
A few more choices on the Dirkie list would have heightened the suspense a bit more.  Ahh...no it wouldn't.

This is one of those rare games when a team won the game with only three players in double figures--made even rarer by the losing team with five players in double figures.  We should be glad the Rockets bench stunk it up tonight.

Luckily (or skilfully) Luka scored a 50 point double double--10 assists, 8 rebounds, and three steals, minimally offset by 7 turnovers...in 42 minutes.  All of this, taken as a whole, is the old "Give the ball to Luka" offensive scheme.  I will repeat this until I'm blue in the face--it is not sustainable for 82+ games.  But...I'm not a Peggy Party Pooper...we won the game.  I'll take it.
But wish for...more?...something different?

Yes...I gave my Dirkie to Luka.  No suspense there.

FN is showing that he belongs in the game.  And...I glad to see that Wright and Pinson got some burn tonight.  All it takes for these fringe players to get burn is injuries to half the team...
Like Reply
I mean 50 points is an automatic Dirkie imo.

But it might be the most least deserving 50 point dirkie if that makes sense? Thank god for Luka. He's an otherworldly talent. He really does make some boneheaded mistakes though in chase of the whistle. 

He played 95% perfect though and willed the team to the win. So no more criticism. He was splendid overall.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Also quite surprised to see Wood not on the poll. He had a relatively quiet night offensively, and took an entire quarter off doing whatever he felt like in the 3rd, but he had some great rim protection tonight.

He doesn't deserve a dirkie, especially cause of that 3rd quarter where he forgot he had an NBA game to play, but his semi-consistent rim protection has been nice to see.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply
(12-23-2022, 11:20 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I mean 50 points is an automatic Dirkie imo.

But it might be the most least deserving 50 point dirkie if that makes sense? Thank god for Luka. He's an otherworldly talent. He really does make some boneheaded mistakes though in chase of the whistle. 

He played 95% perfect though and willed the team to the win. So no more criticism. He was splendid overall.

95% perfect?   He was often careless and didn't seem to take the game seriously until later in the 4th quarter.  His lack of effort to start the 3rd opened the door back up for Houston.  I hate being critical of a 50 burger but he could have scored 40 in three quarters and rested in the fourth.
Like Reply
(12-24-2022, 01:12 AM)cow Wrote: 95% perfect?   He was often careless and didn't seem to take the game seriously until later in the 4th quarter.  His lack of effort to start the 3rd opened the door back up for Houston.  I hate being critical of a 50 burger but he could have scored 40 in three quarters and rested in the fourth.

95% is a bit much. I was being generous given the fact that without Luka the Mavs would've been blown out. 

He was careless for most of the game, but when things mattered he came through. I'm not letting him off the hook. If there was anyone else that played well I probably would've voted for them. 

But there wasn't. And Luka scored 50. Gotta reward that kind of night even if it was full of warts.
Like Reply
Were we watching the same game? I don't think it was defense that was a problem this game. Luka took 30 shots for 50 points. Rest of starters combined took 31 shots for 29 points. In the third quarter specifically, rest of starters were 0-9 and FN was the only guy that scored besides Luka. It was just bricked shot after bricked shot that allowed Houston return, imho
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • ballsrchr
Like Reply
(12-24-2022, 02:01 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: 95% is a bit much. I was being generous given the fact that without Luka the Mavs would've been blown out. 

He was careless for most of the game, but when things mattered he came through. I'm not letting him off the hook. If there was anyone else that played well I probably would've voted for them. 

But there wasn't. And Luka scored 50. Gotta reward that kind of night even if it was full of warts.

As amazing as he was, I'm just not going to vote for someone that cheats you with effort.  Bertans was a spark in the second half with that leak out followed by a corner three.   He always goes full speed and plays with confidence and purpose.  Can't believe I've voted for Bertans and THJ over the last few games.  I need a shower.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply