Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 33: DAL (17-16) @ HOU (9-23) | 112-106 win
The fact that Luka had to play the entire 2nd half is embarrassing for the rest of these scrubs. Took until the 45th minute for anyone else to get into double digits. 

This was a terrible game all around, and if it wasn't for Luka and his transcendent scoring, it would've been a loss.

Some thoughts:

• This team has no offense. It consists of either getting Luka as many picks as possible while everyone else stands around and he miraculously finds a shot or pass cause he's that good. OR it's just selfish-me-first-1-pass-shoot it (usually a three) type of shots. It's crazy. The variance on that is insane. There is no movement. No creativity. It plays to Luka's WORST habits and while he thrives (because he's that good), everyone else shrinks. I think Igor leaving had a bigger impact than I initially figured. Kidd's offense is broken. I don't know how to fix that. 
  • This team has a huge problem with athleticism. If the other team has athletic players that have hustle, this team buckles. They can't deal with it. It bothers them so much. 
  • Further this team plays down to their competition. They get lulled into whatever the other team is doing and let them dictate the flow. It works in their favor against good teams because they can hang with that, but it gives bad teams an opportunity to steal one. 

The 2nd quarter this team had life. They were moving the ball and played inspired. I actually was enjoying watching them for a bit. The 3rd quarter was a microcosm of everything wrong with this season and it carried over to the 4th. It was back to pulling teeth watching this team in the 2nd half. 

I don't see how any person in charge of the Mavericks can watch this kind of performance of everyone not named Luka and walk away without thinking this team needs a trade in the next hour.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • ballsrchr, HoosierDaddyKid, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 33: DAL (17-16) @ HOU (9-23) | 112-106 win - by SleepingHero - 12-23-2022, 11:29 PM