Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 33: DAL (17-16) @ HOU (9-23) | 112-106 win
(12-23-2022, 10:22 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: offensive system.

The GLB system.

"Give-Luka-the-Ball."
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(12-23-2022, 10:23 PM)cow Wrote: THJ has been trash.  To be fair to him, he usually lights up the Rockets.

He has not shot well tonight at all, that’s for sure.

Having said that, he has done a better job than any of the rest of them at creating non-Luka attempts.
Like Reply
(12-23-2022, 10:23 PM)Kammrath Wrote: The GLB system.

"Give-Luka-the-Ball."

One of the greatest PGs that ever lived.

[Image: jason-kidd.jpg]

Wood covered Luka's ass on that defensive possession.  Really well done.
[-] The following 3 users Like cow's post:
  • Kammrath, KillerLeft, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
They didn’t want to give Hardaway that charge, but he earned it.
Like Reply
Smith should have lobbed to Green.

Houston does not want this W.
Like Reply
Wood’s defense and rebounding has been pretty clutch down the stretch tonight. Just saying.
Like Reply
50 piece
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
50 points and clowned around for a lot of the game.
Like Reply
50/8/10 is something I would guess is quite rare.
Like Reply
(12-23-2022, 10:29 PM)cow Wrote: 50 points and clowned around for a lot of the game.

Yeah, it’s going to sting a little bit voting for him for tonight’s Dirkie, but I just don’t see any other way to go. Maybe Dinwiddie?
Like Reply
(12-23-2022, 10:31 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Yeah, it’s going to sting a little bit voting for him for tonight’s Dirkie, but I just don’t see any other way to go. Maybe Dinwiddie?

1st half Pinson, 2nd half Bertans
Like Reply
I appreciate Wood's rim protection this game, Sengun and Green were going at him all night, he did pretty well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(12-23-2022, 10:35 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: I appreciate Wood's rim protection this game, Sengun and Green were going at him all night, he did pretty well.

It was kind of a mixed bag. He did OK in the first half, really, really terribly in the first stretch of the third quarter, and then turned it up about three notches down the stretch.
Like Reply
(12-23-2022, 10:35 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: I appreciate Wood's rim protection this game, Sengun and Green were going at him all night, he did pretty well.

That 5v4 he covered with Luka lagging behind the play late in the 4th was critical and well done.
Like Reply
The fact that Luka had to play the entire 2nd half is embarrassing for the rest of these scrubs. Took until the 45th minute for anyone else to get into double digits. 

This was a terrible game all around, and if it wasn't for Luka and his transcendent scoring, it would've been a loss.

Some thoughts:

• This team has no offense. It consists of either getting Luka as many picks as possible while everyone else stands around and he miraculously finds a shot or pass cause he's that good. OR it's just selfish-me-first-1-pass-shoot it (usually a three) type of shots. It's crazy. The variance on that is insane. There is no movement. No creativity. It plays to Luka's WORST habits and while he thrives (because he's that good), everyone else shrinks. I think Igor leaving had a bigger impact than I initially figured. Kidd's offense is broken. I don't know how to fix that. 
  • This team has a huge problem with athleticism. If the other team has athletic players that have hustle, this team buckles. They can't deal with it. It bothers them so much. 
  • Further this team plays down to their competition. They get lulled into whatever the other team is doing and let them dictate the flow. It works in their favor against good teams because they can hang with that, but it gives bad teams an opportunity to steal one. 

The 2nd quarter this team had life. They were moving the ball and played inspired. I actually was enjoying watching them for a bit. The 3rd quarter was a microcosm of everything wrong with this season and it carried over to the 4th. It was back to pulling teeth watching this team in the 2nd half. 

I don't see how any person in charge of the Mavericks can watch this kind of performance of everyone not named Luka and walk away without thinking this team needs a trade in the next hour.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • ballsrchr, HoosierDaddyKid, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
A comment pointed this out but watch the Rockets' bench at 2:15:
https://youtu.be/jhDiF5K-GWo
Like Reply
(12-23-2022, 11:29 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
  • This team has no offense.

The major reason why the Mavs need a coaching change more than a trade.
Don't get me wrong, a trade is necessary for this team, whether it is to improve or to tank, line-up changes must be done.
But I have no faith in Kidd to fully take advantage of who the Mavs would get.
This team will still be Luka-or-the-3 offense.

And speaking of 3s, maybe it would be best for the "would-be" incoming player to either be any of these:
  • Can hit a 3 decently, but who's forte is scoring inside whether it's a post move or penetrating the lane coming up with layups and dunks.
  • Can hit a 3 decently, and who can also dribble his way to a mid-range shot
  • Can hit a 3 decently, but who's an athlete who thrives in the break (because the Mavs need easy 2s on the run as Josh Green isn't enough, there must be another guy who can do this).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • ballsrchr
Like Reply
Call me crazy but the Mavs don´t win the game without Pinson and Wright. Bullock injury was a blessing in disguise. Allowed them to replace his lethargic zero effort minutes with guys that played hard on both ends.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • ballsrchr, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Mavs without Luka lost. Mavs with Luka but without Maxi, DFS, Green and Kemba won. Even if people aren´t willing to embrace the tank. Selling role players to collect whatever future assets they can get isn´t going to change the ceiling of the team. The difference between THJ/Bullock types and Pinson/Frank isn´t the difference between a contender and a lottery team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(12-24-2022, 04:48 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Call me crazy but the Mavs don´t win the game without Pinson and Wright. Bullock injury was a blessing in disguise. Allowed them to replace his lethargic zero effort minutes with guys that played hard on both ends.

Interesting.   In these rough games, I keep on going back to a comment from Cato from a few weeks ago.  

Here is what he said- Dorian Finney-Smith and Reggie Bullock, the old archetype, are still valuable NBA players. They’re not the players true title contenders are seeking anymore, though. Green, and his on-ball dynamism, is what the elite teams crave.

When the Mavs have guys like DFS, Bullock and Maxi on the floor (sometimes all at the same time) it just really makes this apparent.   Maybe you can have one of these guys on the floor (sometimes two when Maxi is stroking it causing problems for big lumbering centers).   Bullock is absolutely no threat when an open shot isn't there.   He acts like the ball is a hot potato.   Last night both Wright and Pinson were able to create and get into the lane in the first half and made things happen.   

I keep waiting for Bullock to play better.    Even if he does, with this team this year, he really seems like a very limited player that needs to play with guys who can all create.  That is not this years Mavs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply